Twitter: Is this Jerry saying he'd certainly go after Ramsey?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
1000%.....just posted a 2016 pre-draft tweet in another thread of him admitting he was a life long Cowboys fan.

I got to meet former Cowboy Mario Edwards who is now the Director of Player Personnel at Florida State. He's close to Ramsey. He said Ramsey 100% believed he was going to Dallas, a dream come true for him, and was hurt when the Cowboys took Zeke over him. The kid's obviously emotional, but I think that helps explain why he lashed out that he "would never play for the Jones".

Still, don't want him. I don't think Jason Garrett can handle players like him. Kris Richard would have to spend a lot of time maintaining him as well.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Really doubt Ramsey is on the radar, because he's going to get paid after this season.

As a player, he's an upgrade on Byron, but one of the things Dallas does well is culture. That upgrade (and contract) wouldn't be worth the headache.

Ramsey didn't look like an upgrade over Byron when we played them last year. He might be better, but if he only gives max effort when he wants, he ain't better than Byron who gives max effort every game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Had the same draft grade on him as Elliott

You can talk about how brash he has been, but Dallas did a ton of research on him so they graded him knowing that
If they had the same grade on a CB as on a RB, they would take the CB.

The Cowboys "grades" on their draft board are raw grades without other issues factored into the grade. The consider injury and character risks and those types of issues at the time of the pick instead of building it into the draft grade. If the risk is too high, then they will remove players from the board altogether.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I got to meet former Cowboy Mario Edwards who is now the Director of Player Personnel at Florida State. He's close to Ramsey. He said Ramsey 100% believed he was going to Dallas, a dream come true for him, and was hurt when the Cowboys took Zeke over him. The kid's obviously emotional, but I think that helps explain why he lashed out that he "would never play for the Jones".

Still, don't want him. I don't think Jason Garrett can handle players like him. Kris Richard would have to spend a lot of time maintaining him as well.

He's an alpha dog......just as Deion, Dez, Michael Irvin, OBJ, and others. Some of these players bring a strong dominant personality alone with their special talent. The only problem with Ramsey if you think about it is his mouth. Hell If I wanted him bad enough, just attach a few behavior clauses to his GUARANTEED money. No question he's a special talent but Garrett do not get along with alpha dog players very well.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Jerry wouldn't spend money for ET, who was pleading to come here. Think he's going to give the moon for Ramsey? Hasn't been a position of value to this team for years.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Is this Jerry keeping his team in the news? Would've been a better question.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It is spelled out in so many threads and nobody seems willing to listen.

Now it is coming down to people reading way too much into Jones' statements.

He is saying there is no Deion or Charles Haley. This is not him being coy or speaking in code.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Part of the reason he wants out is because he is man cover corner and the jags are apparently playing alot of zone. I don't know how that would go over here, since I believe we play alot of cover 3 zone, am I right, or no?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'd welcome ramsey, but dont think he is worth the risk of giving up a high pick.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

There are other stories that demonstrate how upset he was, including basically saying he would never play for Dallas as long as the Joneses were there.

Sounds like they led him on just like they led on Randy Moss.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He was saying the complete opposite.He also said that there was nobody out there that would justify losing someone who is already on the roster. In other words, they like Byron better than Ramsey.

If we were as desperate at corner as we were at receiver last year, it would be a different story.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
There are other stories that demonstrate how upset he was, including basically saying he would never play for Dallas as long as the Joneses were there.

Sounds like they led him on just like they led on Randy Moss.

That was the impression I got from Mario.