Twitter: Is this Jerry saying he'd certainly go after Ramsey?

davidariust24

Reaction score
If we could get Ramsey here for a 1st rounder, I'd do it... if this season pans out as should be, we'd be giving up a 1st rounder that would be near a second rounder and to get a guy that we were considering with a top 5 pick, why wouldn't we make that move?

Ramsey makes us the best team in the NFC. You'd have a true shutdown corner who makes plays on the ball in Ramsey and borderline shutdown corner in Jones who slows receivers down .the safeties are enhanced because now you only have to guard at most two thirds of the field and ramsey can shutdown the guy on his side. It makes the game easier for guys like Heath. I'd spend that 1st because I feel that we will be in the superbowl by the end of this season or next. It's a gamble but I think it's worth it and the chance is super high.

Last edited:

fansince68

Reaction score
Byron, Taco, and a 2nd round pick for Ramsey. Then immediately sign him to an extension.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry was saying as only HE can say...NO. Ramsey is not someone we would go after.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Ramsey makes us the best team in the NFC. You'd have a true shutdown corner who makes plays on the ball in Ramsey and borderline shutdown corner in Jones who slows receivers down .

Because he's a rental. He wants to be the highest paid corner in the history of the NFL. For goodness sake, he drove a Brinx truck to training camp this year. Side note...I curse Isaiah Thomas for starting this Brinx truck crap but I still love the little guy (no homo). Back to the matter @ hand, how do you expect to pay him? Let Cooper walk? Let Dak walk? Let Jones walk? Paying a late 1st/early 2nd is too much for a one year rental, imo.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Because he's a rental. He wants to be the highest paid corner in the history of the NFL. For goodness sake, he drove a Brinx truck to training camp this year. Side note...I curse Isaiah Thomas for starting this Brinx truck crap but I still love the little guy (no homo). Back to the matter @ hand, how do you expect to pay him? Let Cooper walk? Let Dak walk? Let Jones walk? Paying a late 1st/early 2nd is too much for a one year rental, imo.
It's not one it's two. He plays this season and next season. Well technically almost two. I don't know where people get this byron jones is going to take less money. He is going to demand the highest paid just like everyone else. If I'm going to do that. I'm paying someone who intercepts the ball and not just bat them down. We have enough money for three.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Jacksonville want 2 number ones. I laugh as I type.
They know they arent getting two number 1s. That's crazy talk. I'd give them a number 1 and a low pick or a player. Ramsey puts this team in the NFC championship . Quinn is back now, Gregory should be back sometime if Zeke gets his legs all the way back we are in the superbowl.

J-man

Reaction score
IMO, WMc, JG and SJ will not let JJ make a trade for him. He's very good, but he's a problem child and wants huge $ that will blow up the teams cap strategy.

kskboys

Reaction score
Trading for Ramsey would be monumentally stupid.

kskboys

Reaction score
They know they arent getting two number 1s. That's crazy talk. I'd give them a number 1 and a low pick or a player. Ramsey puts this team in the NFC championship . Quinn is back now, Gregory should be back sometime if Zeke gets his legs all the way back we are in the superbowl.
They said the same thing when Reavis went to TB. Not too long after, TB couldn't wait to dump him. Because one CB, no matter how good he is, does not make THE difference.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Let's say for fun that Ramsey's willing to play here: he said he's not, maybe he is, I don't know.

Jacksonville's going to want two first rounders for him, so goodbye draft capital.

On the field, we will have to kick Cheeto to the slot, or even to the dime if he can't beat out Brown inside. Jourdan Lewis at this point is basically exiled and might even ask for a trade himself. Ramsey is a better corner than Cheeto, but is he two 1st rounders better than Cheeto?

Off the field, Ramsey is going to want a new contract. I'm not a cap guru, but I don't think we have the money for it. His agent knows that, and all other things being equal, Ramsey would prefer to be dealt to a team that can give him financial security ASAP. Even if he has no choice in the matter and the Jags deal him to us anyway, it's a second Cooper situation. You either have to pay him or take the L on two first rounders for your rental.

I just see this as a losing deal all around. Ramsey's an elite player, and in a vacuum, any team would want to have him. But when the rubber meets the road, it's clear that he just doesn't fit here right now.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Not sure if you know this but $15.5M would make him the highest-paid CB ..........

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ers-by-position-heading-into-the-2019-season/