Is this team talented?

leeblair

Reaction score
Before the game, all Fox could do was talk the Cowboys up. You even heard Troy and Buck talk about the defense being "top 10." This defense has not stopped the run all year, mobile QB's have had their way all year and they cannot tackle. Our offense can be amazing at times but are far too inconsistent. We have some talent on offense but I really don't think there is any real talent on defense. In fact, I'd argue that Jeff Heath plays harder than any other defender out there. Are the Cowboys talented? Not near as talented as they think they are.
Is this team talented? Why, yes.
They perform very talented celebrations after a first down, any tackle that is beyond five yards from scrimmage, any sack, and particularly the way they celebrate victory when they score first- with 50 plus minutes to go in the game.
They are adept at saying the cool things at press conferences when the cameras are there, and for their many endorsements they are very good entertainers.
And thanks to Jason Garrett, I hear they are masterful at jumping jacks.
If you don't believe they are talented, just refer to their press clippings.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
There is some talent. All NFL teams have talent.

But I don’t expect anyone from our defense to make Pro Bowl this year.

And something they also talked about that doesn’t measure up to other top 10 defenses is lack of turnovers . And I’d add lack of sacks.

All great defenses begin up front. We haven’t caused the pressure and created havoc like we did last year.
The case for this team having any Pro Bowlers is suddenly extremely thin. I would say that Cooper is the only guy you could count on being there.