Is This The Time To Move Henry To FS?...

Reaction score
Sometimes you get what you wish for and fans where asking for a replacement for Roy Williams and what you got was Pat Watkins. Well, that didn't turn out so well after blowing a few assignments. Watkins is now hurt.

If Watkins doesn't play, Courtney Brown steps in. Oh boy! Not good! That is a step down from Watkins.

Is this the time to move Henry to FS against a Bengals team that will have try to get the ball to Ocho, Hous and Chris Henry?

The Cowboys could have Newman and Jones start inserting Jenkins in the slot with Henry and Hamlin at the Safety spots. When the Cowboys go in the Dime Scandrick could come in.

What do you guys think? Are you worried about Brown as well?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hamlin is the FS, Henry would have to be the SS. Moving two players is an invitation to a whooping.

mboy22

Reaction score
I think this scenario gets your best players on the field at the same time for most of the game, but that is the plus side to that. The negative side to that is how Henry would do in the run support part of it. I think they should give it a try at least for one game.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I like watkins as much as the next guy, but this whole line of thought that he is a good player is baffling. He is a tall, really fast, JAG.

and just to be a troll, on that thrash touchdown, Roy would have at least known to try to cover him when Newman called out.

Reaction score
Hostile;2302482 said:
Hamlin is the FS, Henry would have to be the SS. Moving two players is an invitation to a whooping.

We have the depth and have tried Henry at S in training camp. Brown is way to skinny to help in run support.

It's worth the risk, IMO.

Reaction score
mboy22;2302489 said:
I think this scenario gets your best players on the field at the same time for most of the game, but that is the plus side to that. The negative side to that is how Henry would do in the run support part of it. I think they should give it a try at least for one game.

I
Henry's run support will be way better than Skinny Brown's support.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2302508 said:
We have the depth and have tried Henry at S in training camp. Brown is way to skinny to help in run support.

It's worth the risk, IMO.
I don't agree. I'd rather move Keith Davis in there than change two positions.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up on CB so soon. He deserves a shot. My guess is he brings things to the field and give up things in other areas.

I'm not certain it would be a great idea to move Henry now unless the other alternatives might make it the best solution. Hamlin would need to move to SS which I suppose he could but it does have different responsibilities. Same with Henry at FS. That's not his cup of tea.

Roy will be back soon and they're more trained to work as a team with him coming out on passing plays.

We need to be more aggressive up front IMO. If that improves then the secondary will look golden even with Brown back there.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
stealth;2302500 said:
I like watkins as much as the next guy, but this whole line of thought that he is a good player is baffling. He is a tall, really fast, JAG.

and just to be a troll, on that thrash touchdown, Roy would have at least known to try to cover him when Newman called out.
Newman was awful on Sunday. he couldn't even run without falling down let alone cover a wr.

Reaction score
Hostile;2302521 said:

Kind of forgotten Killer. Anything but Brown...... he is way to lanky and skinny.... all adds up to a weak link.... no run support.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2302528 said:
Newman was awful on Sunday. he couldn't even run without falling down let alone cover a wr.

he was off his game, that was pretty obvious. Newman doesn't play like that. I also wonder what was up with the field being so slippery.

Reaction score
stealth;2302533 said:
he was off his game, that was pretty obvious. Newman doesn't play like that. I also wonder what was up with the field being so slippery.

It was very humid and with a crappy playing field, the field was slick.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Hostile;2302521 said:

HOS, Davis is just like Roy, he will be toasted all day long. He will give plenty of run support, but he will be toasted in the passing situations.

Oh, he also may knock himself out of the game the way he tries to blowup people, and we would still end up having to use Brown or Henry/Hamlin

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BHendri5;2302586 said:
HOS, Davis is just like Roy, he will be toasted all day long. He will give plenty of run support, but he will be toasted in the passing situations.

Oh, he also may knock himself out of the game the way he tries to blowup people, and we would still end up having to use Brown or Henry/Hamlin
Note I didn't say I want Davis in there. I said I would prefer that to changing two Safety positions. Hamlin is our FS, not our SS. Having 2 players back there out of position is suicide.

btcutter

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2302512 said:
I
Henry's run support will be way better than Skinny Brown's support.

True. But in the Skin's game, the front 7 should have tackled Portis. He shouldn't have gotten to the 2nd level.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
So apparently Roy is our best option afterall. Sure he struggles against the deep pass and against the Shockeys and Cooleys at TE. But relative to the other options we have on the roster, Roy is easily our best option as a starting S alongside Hamlin. Get well soon Roy!

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2302624 said:
I hope the Bengals don't pass a lot this week and that RW is back next week.

Mark it down, they will. There runningback situation is so bad that Cedric The Entertainer will see carries.

Reaction score
btcutter;2302618 said:
True. But in the Skin's game, the front 7 should have tackled Portis. He shouldn't have gotten to the 2nd level.

Should of, could of but didn't. That's what worries me.