Is Von Miller Going To Help?

BKBDAD

Well-Known Member
Messages
443
Reaction score
462
I know it’s still early but for a team that defensively has major struggles that manifest themselves every week, is Von Miller on the roster doing anything to help the cause? This team in four games has only 4 sacks & NO INTERCEPTIONS! It’s hard to fathom that the defense isn’t really any better than last year after all of the changes & money spent! Reality is without a decent defense this team isn’t going to win anything.
 
We all agree the defense has been disappointing, especially considering the money and draft capital they've invested. Four sacks and zero interceptions through four games is hard/impossible to defend.

That said, I don't think Von Miller is the biggest problem. At this point he's more of a rotational veteran than someone you should expect to carry the pass rush. The bigger issue is that Dallas still isn't consistently generating pressure with the guys they're counting on, and they're not creating enough negative plays or turnovers.

The frustrating part is that we've seen this defense have stretches where they look completely overmatched, and that's a coaching/personnel problem that isn't going to magically fix itself. The offense may be good enough to win a lot of games but I agree if this defense doesn't make a significant jump, they're not going very far in January.

What I wonder is...how long can we go before CP starts feeling some real heat. So far it's just been whispers here and there.
 
I loved his initial presser. All his subsequent ones he annoys me. He’s just happy to be here. I don’t think he gives a hoot if we wins and he said he’d help other guys well our rookie cb/safety is tied with the lead in sacks with ONE
 
good-morning.gif
 
Nah he’s an old dude collecting a check. He’s the perfect example of why you don’t go out and sign old players.
 
No and anybody that expects him to is kidding himself. He got the last year off a good defensive team. He now plays on a trash one. He’s old. Not a recipe for sacks.
 
This team is already reaping huge benefits from the masterminds signing of Miller although many here don’t see it. Wait until yall see what the Porter signing brings to the table.
 
I thought he made it clear before the season started that he's not here to get sacks.
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,225
Messages
14,673,668
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top