Video: Is Witten still an impact player for the Cowboys?

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Oakland has a pretty good defense. They'd have won more than 11 games last year if Carr hadn't had the broken leg.

And they could do NOTHING with Witten.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Absolutely. Maybe I have my homer glasses on but I think he looks quicker this year. The old vet was spinning around some of them DB's He always find's a way to get open and players still look up to him. He's not the same player he was obviously but he's still pretty good.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No. But I will say he gets at least 50 catches this year.
With the TE's on the team accounting for somewhere about 90 total.

Witten hasn't had less than 60 catches since his rookie year. I doubt this, he's far too built into our playbook at this point.

The other TEs will have, maybe, 20 catches between each other.

Scotman

Reaction score
Witten seemed so very slow to me last year. Tired. And yet...he seemed to WIDE OPEN every single time he needed to be. I would always be amazed at just how wide open he would be. Like...how the heck do you not see him? Does his uniform have a cloaking device?

AND...he absolutely looks like he's moving in and out of his cuts quicker this year. He's as uncoverable as a TE as I have ever seen in my 40+ years of watching NFL football.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Just pop in the tape vs the Giants last season, and watch Beasley and Williams running wide open for easy TDs because their men were so focused on helping out with Witten.

Dak, didn't see it, but it is hard to not see Witten's value when defenders are leaving their man to try to stop Witten from moving the chains.