Is WR on your first round watch list

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Right now we look rather thin and weak at WR. Gallup hasnt looked the same coming off of injury. Tolbert has given any indication that he will be a playable WR. Browns play has been nice, but he isnt a guy you want in your top 3.

Is WR a position you are thinking about in the 1st round. Im really starting to

Hardline

Reaction score
Any position is on my watch list if that player is in the ballpark of BPA when our pick comes up.

If that Ohio State WR with the crazy name drops to our 1st round pick it would have to be serious considered.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Any position is on my watch list if that player is in the ballpark of BPA when our pick comes up.

If that Ohio State WR with the crazy name drops to our 1st round pick it would have to be serious considered.
Ive seen him going late first in mocks. Id be all over that. He was considered yhe best of the three OSU WR prospects last year

McMicah

Reaction score
Not really. After watching the all-22 for multiple weeks, I stopped counting the number of times I saw Gallup or someone else running completely free. Dak either didn’t have time or just missed the read.

I’d rather draft an OL to give him more time or make him more comfy back there so maybe he sees those open receivers more

RS12

Reaction score
I d rather not but if clearly BPA then fine. The real question is if Mayer or a good WR is there who do you take? Bare in mind I d prefer trenches but just playing along here.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Id probably take Smith-Njigba over Mayer

Man I think I’d lean Mayer.

Dude looks like a can’t miss TE that can come in and be a good blocker and receiver day 1. Gives me TJ Hock vibes and it saves the 10 mil or whatever that Schultz will command.

I like Smith, but kinda see him as a slot only guy. With how much we move Lamb inside using that on a 1st rounder would be tough for me.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Man I think I’d lean Mayer.

Dude looks like a can’t miss TE that can come in and be a good blocker and receiver day 1. Gives me TJ Hock vibes and it saves the 10 mil or whatever that Schultz will command.

I like Smith, but kinda see him as a slot only guy. With how much we move Lamb inside using that on a 1st rounder would be tough for me.
Good point with Smith. I do think he can grow into a good outside WR. Smith is probably the only WR in our range Id consider over Mayer

DFWJC

Reaction score
Because we're picking late, I wouldn't rule out any position completely.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Good point with Smith. I do think he can grow into a good outside WR. Smith is probably the only WR in our range Id consider over Mayer

I don’t like any of these dudes as legit dudes that can turn into a 1. The way the league is evolving though if you can get a stud #2 towards the end of round 1 do it.

I like Addison and Quentin Johnston as my top 2 but they’ll get over-drafted and won’t be available at our pick.

I don’t think I like Smith in the 1st. Id honestly consider Downs over him but would probably rather wait until round 2/3.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That will once again keep us from winning playoff games!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly when will it become apparent that we're not going anywhere until we build a champ caliber D?
What if it keeps us from winning a playoff game this year

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm trenches guy all the way..some good OTs should be available. Smith-Njiba is a excellent WR, sort of a pure slot Amon Ra type dude. TEs is so deep I wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on any of them.

I'm not a fan of going high on a WR in a weak WR draft. Gallup should be healthy next season, Lamb will be better, and one of the large cluster of WRs on the 53 n PS should step up to be a decent WR3.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Right now we look rather thin and weak at WR. Gallup hasnt looked the same coming off of injury. Tolbert has given any indication that he will be a playable WR. Browns play has been nice, but he isnt a guy you want in your top 3.

Is WR a position you are thinking about in the 1st round. Im really starting to
For me I’m not looking at the wide receiver position. Plus I heard this is the weakwide receiver draft I think there’s Defense problems. But we do need another wide receiver

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
WR is at the top of my draft wish list, but I doubt we land anyone. WR is becoming a very premium and very expensive position, and this draft looks thin at that spot.

The 2022 class was seen as a deep but not especially strong class of WRs. Lots of good players, but with holes you could pick in them if you wanted #1 material. The league still drafted 6 in the first 18 picks anyways.

I haven't watched tape on any 2023 guys yet, but it sounds like there are only 3 or 4 guys with a top-32 type grade. I'll bet you now that 3 of them will go in the top 15. It really doesn't matter if they are #1 material or not, WRs in general are just becoming too valuable to pass up. This is a league where Brandin Cooks earns the same AAV as Von Miller and Allen Robinson gets more guaranteed than Randy Gregory.

The one guy I really want is Jaxon Smith-Nijigba. He's missed most of this year, but I saw him in 2021 and he was the real deal. My bet is that he gets Chris Olave'd. He misses time in his last year, the other OSU studs overshadow him, draftniks start nitpicking him, then he goes high in the draft anyway and just balls out. On paper he looks very similar to CeeDee, but I wouldn't complain at all about having two CeeDees in this offense.