Is Zeke Cowboys life on the line these last 3 weeks?

stiletto

Reaction score
The Cowboys are stuck with him until after the 2022 season. Don’t mean to sound negative against Zeke but he’s making far too much money for blocking, pushing piles and splitting carries with Pollard. The Cowboys would love to get out of his contract if they could.

morgan-freeman-pointing.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of different things can be true at the same time. Zeke declining since his rookie year is one of those things. It gets more and more apparent.
Let's back up here for a second.

Zeke "declining since his rookie season".

Oh... you mean NEALRY a record setting rookie season?
A team that fired it's head coach?
Player got covid?
Suffering a nearly epically bad record defense?
An juggled oline nobody can figure out? (except opposing defenses of course)
Injury

But he is in decline. Welll okay then. You think ANYONE else...wouldn't be. Or that ANY one else can replicate his 2016 season. OR that ANY one else would be remarkably better on this team.

Pretty thin if ya ask me. You didn't....but there it is.

stiletto

Reaction score

Player got covid?
Injury

But he is in decline. Welll okay then. You think ANYONE else...wouldn't be. Or that ANY one else can replicate his 2016 season. OR that ANY one else would be remarkably better on this team.

Pollard isn't in decline....he's doing better in the same offense and makes 1/8th the $$. Not fair..NO ONE worth their salt cares about "yesterday"....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To think a guy would have to average 60 yards a game now...to eclipse 1000...is really not that impressive.
Really shows you how average he's become..
Wait...I thought it was a passing league these days.

But RBs still regularly surpass 100 yards per game all over the place. Only 5 average more than 78 this year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You and me do not always see eye to eye.....but I stand beside you battling Zeke haters.

Sorry...it goes against forum rules. But when somebody says "zeke was only the best rb in 2016"....ignoring FACTS.....they are haters. No other way around it. I apologize for my transgression.
me as well..zeke had 4 very good years in row..last year wasn't his fault he fell off , year was total chit show no ol , qb, or defense. I gave him mulligan for that and this year he was playing great before the knee and really the OL and OC also are an issue with the run game dropping.

Im a zeke fan and while fans may feel hes overpaid and done here, il support him.. one of my favorite cowboys for sure.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard isn't in decline....he's doing better in the same offense and makes 1/8th the $$. Not fair..NO ONE worth their salt cares about "yesterday"....
He is NOT doing better "in the same offense". As the #2 he runs different plays. And very good at it. As a #2 better dman well do.

And I already told you you didn;t have to consider Tony didn't even start in NCAA let alone play the top 4 teams in one year. It's factual history that you need to discount to support your bias agenda.

Oh so you know better than coaches eh? And yet aren't running your own team. Well lah dee dah!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s been a 5 year evolution of the debate. It started as him not being the best in the league and he had lost a step from 2016 to 2017. We finally moved on from him being the best in the league 2 seasons ago with most people realizing he isn’t as fast. Now the debate has been whether he is better than his back up with a handful still thinking he is just as fast just hasn’t had an opportunity to showcase his speed in over 5 years.
And the rest of our team has been fabulous....just zeke.

What in the **....

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Player got covid?
Injury

He showed up obviously more overweight and slower in 2017 than he was as a rookie. This obvious observation was hotly contested. To this day it is mocked by Zeke fans with comments like “fat Zeke”. Even after the season we could see on All or Nothing he was coming into meetings and practice as if he were partying all night. He needed the 6 week suspension to get back into shape, despite his fans claiming everything was fine. His average YPC dropped from 5.1 to 4.1 a ~20% drop in efficiency. Yet he had a ton of carries and people wanted to focus on yards per game without realizing Zeke’s quality of play declined.

Didn’t take much to notice the difference. It just took a willingness to state the obvious and deal with the mob comments about how one doesn’t know football. No, just took not being Stevie Wonder.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And the rest of our team has been fabulous....just zeke.

What in the **....
Not sure why you think I comment just on Zeke. You don’t see me talking about other players? See me arguing with Dak fans who think it’s everyone but Dak…and I have been a big Dak fan his entire career.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He showed up obviously more overweight and slower in 2017 than he was as a rookie. This obvious observation was hotly contested. To this day it is mocked by Zeke fans with comments like “fat Zeke”. Even after the season we could see on All or Nothing he was coming into meetings and practice as if he were partying all night. He needed the 6 week suspension to get back into shape, despite his fans claiming everything was fine. His average YPC dropped from 5.1 to 4.1 a ~20% drop in efficiency. Yet he had a ton of carries and people wanted to focus on yards per game without realizing Zeke’s quality of play declined.

Didn’t take much to notice the difference. It just took a willingness to state the obvious and deal with the mob comments about how one doesn’t know football. No, just took not being Stevie Wonder.
"mocked by zeke fans"....

LOL....okay man...you have a good night.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure why you think I comment just on Zeke. You don’t see me talking about other players?
Fair enough.

Not sure you can speak of zeke sucking without talking about 3rd and 4th string QB and O-line. But hey....again Avi...you have a great evening.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Fair enough.

Not sure you can speak of zeke sucking without talking about 3rd and 4th string QB and O-line. But hey....again Avi...you have a great evening.
I try to be fair regardless of who I am talking about. I don’t just blindly defend or criticize anyone. As a matter of fact, I got into a debate several weeks ago with CowboyRoy when Zeke played well while only gaining 51 yards. He did it on 10 carries, didn’t have drops, missed blocks, fumbles, etc.

Proof

Reaction score
This’ll be two straight years without 1000. I still believe he’s elite when healthy but I think their not resting him will give justification for cutting him next year. Resting him even one game would’ve helped his knee and he’d easily get 1000 yards. Thoughts?

i haven't been a big fan of his for a couple years now, but he looked phenomenal in the first part of the season and i jumped back on the bandwagon. i don't know what the future holds, or how he'll recover from injury (or if he will) but i think there's still potential there.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
He is NOT doing better "in the same offense". As the #2 he runs different plays. And very good at it. As a #2 better dman well do.

And I already told you you didn;t have to consider Tony didn't even start in NCAA let alone play the top 4 teams in one year. It's factual history that you need to discount to support your bias agenda.

Oh so you know better than coaches eh? And yet aren't running your own team. Well lah dee dah!
Do people even remember how hot Zeke started the year before the injuries? They skip that part and go way back to 2016.

Pollard is a CJ Spiller/Reggie Bush. Nothing more.

stiletto

Reaction score

You are pretty much denying your own eyes. Zeke is paid a lot of money by the Jones family. They are going to press the current coaches to "try" to make Zeke successful as possible. I understand BUT Pollard so far has been better no matter how you analyze it since he donned a Cowboys uniform. Pollard averages 5.6+ yards per carry no matter the situation to Zekes 4.4. Pollard has NEVER averaged lower than Zeke in any season so far. He also averages 8+ yards per catch to Zeke's 5+. Everyone wants Zeke to be better given his rookie year and pre-Cabo mantra but he's just not that amazing! It is what it is!!

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
no.
but i still wouldn't hate adding...
kenneth walker,michigan st.
:thumbup:

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
If there was a way to get out from under his contract I would be doing that this offseason 100%.

terra

Reaction score
Peaked as a rookie. Has needed excuses to explain why he couldn’t perform at that same level ever since. Went from arguing he was still the best in the league (he wasn’t except for 2016), to whether or not he is the best RB on the team. Dude worked hard in the offseason to try and find the fountain of youth, started off good and fizzled fast. He’s just a JAG now but doesn’t make sense to cut him yet.
your record is perfect

ALWAYS WRONG