Isaac Alarcon is an interesting prospect

tyke1doe

Reaction score
aa4.jpg

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Same thing I said....then I looked it up and he seems legit.
He's 22, 6' 6", 320lbs and helped Mexico to a bronze in the U-19 championships in China.
He was taken in the 3rd round of the CFL Global draft by Calgary.
And one of the big advantages for Dallas is the International Player Exemption for roster status.

Put him at DT please

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Same thing I said....then I looked it up and he seems legit.
He's 22, 6' 6", 320lbs and helped Mexico to a bronze in the U-19 championships in China.
He was taken in the 3rd round of the CFL Global draft by Calgary.
And one of the big advantages for Dallas is the International Player Exemption for roster status.

I would like to see Alarcon versus Bohanna one on one. Would be interesting.

Add up the weights of Bohanna and Alarcon and Larry Allen can still bench more than those two combined. I think so. That is pretty impressive.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just saw a camp video and looks he's back for another offseason. Interesting prospect. Super raw, but young enough to be able to hang around for a few years and develop.

Be interesting to see how he progresses.
I know Im being lazy to verify, but if a roster exemption is being allowed for a foreign national player, than the true benefit would be to invest and hold for as long as you can.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
...plus we need a bigger Mexican audience watching the Cowboys. He could help with that if he is playing well in real games. When do the Cowboys play again in Mexico?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
...plus we need a bigger Mexican audience watching the Cowboys. He could help with that if he is playing well in real games.
Mexicans, yes si compadres,, been all over Mexico, Central America for a bit of time, and its very interesting to me being a life long Cowboy fan, I know in the states that NFL rules, have no problem ever watching any game you want even out of market.
So let me try and tell you how often the extents and expense I have to go through during the active season in order to be able to view every game,, its expensive let me just start there, lol.
Im very fortunate to have a couple friends in high end tech industry that have given me access to the Cowboys game while in very remote areas,, I havent missed a single game for 3 decades.
So what Im saying is that yes Jerry Jones has been investing in Mexico for several years now, but the fan base as far as what I have witness to is just is diversified as the fan base in the states.
I can be in Nosara Costa Rica, and if your lucky enough to pass by a Cowboys fan, you will just as easily pass by a Jets fan... just trying to make an analogy thats understandable,,
Jerry put up a lot of money to develop interest south of the border, but it doesnt mean south of the border are just Cowboys fans.

Hardline

Reaction score
What a silly bet. He could not make the active roster and still not as much of a longshot as you make him out to be. You're like one of those people who like to bet a specific team won't win the Super Bowl.
I don't bet on any team not winning the Super Bowl.
He is such a longshot it's nearly out of the realm of possibility.