Isaiah Stanback

Reaction score
viman96;2384204 said:
I forgot who said it but someone mentioned Stanbach has the strongest arm on the team. Not that means anything but I'm sure if played some QB there would be more passes longer than 10 yds :rolleyes:

Thats not saying much.....

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
percyhoward;2384177 said:
Caller: "Why don't they let Stanback take some snaps at QB in this game?"

Spags: "There's a reason no one drafted Stanback as a quarterback."

Caller: "Nobody drafted Romo either."

:lmao:

that is pretty funny right dare.

dware94

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2384219 said:
besides those 3, we have Arnaz Battle and Matt Jones

those two aren't great receivers, but the conversion worked, they've been in the league for a few years

Stanback has prior experience too, but you've given up on him too soon

the Jets failed w/ the Brad Smith conversion project so far

but I have 1 fail out of 5, that I can count so far, not bad

Patrick Crayton and Josh Cribbs

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2385114 said:
Dantzler was tried at WR, S, and RB as well as KR. He just couldn't turn that awesome athleticism into an NFL position anywhere. And he was a bigger slightly slower Vick.

You can't write him off yet. But it's starting to lean the wrong way.

Yea I can Stanback sucks and shouldn't be on a roster another failed experiment for the boys.....bring in a real WR Jerry.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2385178 said:
Yea I can Stanback sucks and shouldn't be on a roster another failed experiment for the boys.....bring in a real WR Jerry.

Like who? Who, coming from another team or off the street, is going to know the playbook better than Stanback? The guy has been hurt most of his time here. We haven't seen the real Stanback yet. If he fails in TC and preseason AND there is a better 4th or 5th WR then you toss him. Until then you keep hoping he turns the corner like Austin apparently has.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;2384196 said:
Fake reverse, deep pass to Austin...Giants on their heels not expecting it.

I sure as hell would.

Stanback in the back field like TO does sometimes and direct snap to him rollout run option play (Barry Switzer age OU Sooner style) to Barber or deep pass to TO.

:lmao2:

Chreph

Reaction score
I love the idea of using the Wildcat for this game, but do any of you REALLY want Gurode attempting that snap? I cringe everytime we go into a basic shotgun :(

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2384273 said:
he was drafted by the Rams to play WR and then he retired!!!!!1

I think he went on to play safety, at least I think its him. He was the QB at Nebraska, right? I know some QB that was drafted played safety, I think for the Jets.

Scott Frost maybe?

soccerbud

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2384219 said:
besides those 3, we have Arnaz Battle and Matt Jones

those two aren't great receivers, but the conversion worked, they've been in the league for a few years

Stanback has prior experience too, but you've given up on him too soon

the Jets failed w/ the Brad Smith conversion project so far

but I have 1 fail out of 5, that I can count so far, not bad
there's also the former Aggie QB who was drafted by the bengal's in the 7th round a few years back. Think he's out of the league now.

rangers71

Reaction score
How bout one that played for our own team. Drew Pearson. That one worked out pretty good.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Stanback has a rocket arm..I watched him Warming up in the Arizona game and He was darting the ball.

Reaction score
Why don't we use him at QB in some spread packages this game? Heck it's a thought any kind of offense would be good. And this is Stanback's 2nd year too give him a little more time

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
WilmingtonHeel;2385756 said:
Why don't we use him at QB in some spread packages this game? Heck it's a thought any kind of offense would be good. And this is Stanback's 2nd year too give him a little more time

He's getting his time, but he better improve by leaps and bounds from this year to next, because aside from two nice returns during preseason...he hasn't done squat. He looks unnatural to me... I hope he becomes a legend, but i doubt it.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
percyhoward;2384177 said:
Caller: "Why don't they let Stanback take some snaps at QB in this game?"

Spags: "There's a reason no one drafted Stanback as a quarterback."

Caller: "Nobody drafted Romo either."

:lmao:
what was micks "slick" response to that??? or did he just ignore it?

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2384207 said:
and Hines Ward, Patrick Crayton and Anquan Boldin pimp-slap tomson

Boldin transitioned to wr in college.... having said that he has a tremendous arm. I watched him throw it 60 yds on a rope off his back foot in college. I was absolutely stunned.
:bow:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
WilmingtonHeel;2385756 said:

If we have to get that desperate we are in deep dodo.