isn't it a possibility...

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
But aren't we on course for a rematch with the Cardinals in the first week of the playoffs? ... taking in account present place in standings, as well as if we are the last seed playoff team providing Atlanta and Washington fall out of contention. It might come down to revenge for the Dallas home playoff loss to Arizona in 1999.:eek:

wouldn't this be a possibility?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
aardvark;2449493 said:
But aren't we on course for a rematch with the Cardinals in the first week of the playoffs? ... taking in account present place in standings, as well as if we are the last seed playoff team providing Atlanta and Washington fall out of contention. It might come down to revenge for the Dallas home playoff loss to Arizona in 1999.:eek:

It depends on what wildcard seed we finish at. The division winner with the best record gets the lowest seeded wildcard. If they finish ahead of the North winner (I am assuming the South winner will be the second seed to New York), then we would go to Arizona if we were the lowest seeded wildcard. Still a lot of football left and it is hard to tell.

As much as we could have won that game, we simply did not match up well against them. I would much prefer to play Chicago, Minnesota or Green Bay (North Champion) than go to Arizona again. I don't think their defenses can compete with our offense. For whatever reason, we did not get it done against Arizona.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Alexander;2449508 said:
It depends on what wildcard seed we finish at. The division winner with the best record gets the lowest seeded wildcard. If they finish ahead of the North winner (I am assuming the South winner will be the second seed to New York), then we would go to Arizona if we were the lowest seeded wildcard. Still a lot of football left and it is hard to tell.

As much as we could have won that game, we simply did not match up well against them. I would much prefer to play Chicago, Minnesota or Green Bay (North Champion) than go to Arizona again. I don't think their defenses can compete with our offense. For whatever reason, we did not get it done against Arizona.

Yeah it's looking that way

I'd kinda like to see a little revenge myself. Gotta play whoever its gonna be... It would be cool to knock the possible NFL League MVP QB and his team out of the playoffs at home... but lots of things have to fall into place I agree.

The ride to the playoffs will be interesting no doubt

Boysboy

Reaction score
Alexander;2449508 said:

I'm the opposite-the weather conditions in Chicago and GB are horrible in Jan, while we would have to face AP in a very loud Dome.

And plus this isn't the same team the Cards faced back in Oct-there likely won't be any distractions for us and more healthy guys to boot.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
aardvark;2449493 said:

A number of senarios can play out, but this is probably the most likely one.

I think it's very likely that the NCF East, South and North winners take the 1,2 and 4 seed. Arizona looks to be a lock for the 3 seed and would host the 6th seed in the wild card round.

Lot of competition for the 5 and 6 seeds. Unless we win out, I think we take the 6th seed with 11 wins.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2449673 said:
A number of senarios can play out, but this is probably the most likely one.

I think it's very likely that the NCF East, South and North winners take the 1,2 and 4 seed. Arizona looks to be a lock for the 3 seed and would host the 6th seed in the wild card round.

Lot of competition for the 5 and 6 seeds. Unless we win out, I think we take the 6th seed with 11 wins.
I wouldn't say Arizona is a lock for the three seed. The winner of the Bears/Vikings game actually jumps them for that spot.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
windward;2449680 said:
I wouldn't say Arizona is a lock for the three seed. The winner of the Bears/Vikings game actually jumps them for that spot.

because of conference record you are saying??? based on division record Az is tops because Az is 4-0 against their division. Chi and Min have div losses.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
aardvark;2449692 said:
because of conference record you are saying??? based on division record Az is tops because Az is 4-0 against their division. Chi and Min have div losses.
Well, division records are meaningless in this instance because Arizona is not in the NFC North

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Alexander;2449508 said:

I would rather play one of the North teams, but I'd rather play IN Arizona, unless the North winner is Minnesota. I don't want to play in Chicago or Green Bay in January. It would hinder our passing attack IMO.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I would prefer the Boys play the Cards in AZ. They have a great record their with plenty of fans.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
I'd prefer Dallas got into the playoffs. Don't really care who they play, since it will likely be road games as far as they travel.

The Panch

Reaction score
Id much rather prefer we go to Minnesota. Our secondary, regardless of what affect Pacman's return has, is still average at best and im not trying to test that against the best receiving corp in football and a revamped Kurt Warner indoors. Our best bet is to stack the box against AD and take our chances against Gus Ferrote.

Deefens

Reaction score
It's also possible that the midgets come back down to earth, we win out and take the division again. Not conceding anything yet, the boys are gonna roll.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playoffs? You're talking playoffs?

Pittsburgh.

Nothing else matters.

Taking care of our business is job #1.

The Panch

Reaction score
Deefens;2450242 said:
It's also possible that the midgets come back down to earth, we win out and take the division again. Not conceding anything yet, the boys are gonna roll.
They're not coming back down to earth. They're on another planet and we need to get there or even if we make the playoffs and get a post season rematch, they'll just do what they did to us last year, only by a much bigger margin and in a much more convincing fashion.

Deefens

Reaction score
The Panch;2450255 said:
They're not coming back down to earth. They're on another planet and we need to get there or even if we make the playoffs and get a post season rematch, they'll just do what they did to us last year, only by a much bigger margin and much more convincingly.

Like they hammered us last year? ***!! We beat them 2 of 3 times and outplayed them in the game we lost. They are not better than us, ### that!!

The Panch

Reaction score
Deefens;2450261 said:
Like they hammered us last year? ***!! We beat them 2 of 3 times and outplayed them in the game we lost. They are not better than us, ### that!!
Drink your breast milk and go to sleep, kiddo. It's not that serious.

Deefens

Reaction score
huh??? What's with that response. Come on, I thought we were fellow Cowboy fans here. I'm a 34 year old man with a beautiful family, no need for that kiddo.