Israel Mukuamu, forgotten?

Rayman70

Reaction score
The one guy NO ONE is talking about is Izzy. He's been here for like 3 years or so and he has been pretty good when called on. Will this year be his last chance to seize a bigger role? Give me your thoughts.Why has he been overlooked? Do they know something we fans do not? Or has he gotten stuck in a numbers game?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The one guy NO ONE is talking about is Izzy. He's been here for like 3 years or so and he has been pretty good when called on. Will this year be his last chance to seize a bigger role? Give me your thoughts.Why has he been overlooked? Do they know something we fans do not? Or has he gotten stuck in a numbers game?
lol...at the give me your thoughts!.

I think he's been forgotten because he's been steady, not flashy and not many mistakes. Staying under the radar. He seems to be a solid and steady player.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
To be fair I think I was the first guy on this forum talking up Israel. I distinctly remember saying that 24 looks great in a preseason game years ago. He is steady, has some dawg and can play multiple spots.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I think he is one of the most underrated players on the team. I hope he gets a shot this year. They should resign him now before everyone discovers he is worth more.

John813

Reaction score
I thought he had a chance to step up last year after getting more playing time in the 22-23 season. Think it was a mix of getting Gilmore and emergence of Bland at corner, the safety spot had like 8 guys and Thomas stepped up in camp.
He was used by Quinn as a hybrid slot corner/safety in a lot of zone packages IIRC. Curious to see if he clicks with Zimmer or not.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He’s a valuable piece to the secondary because he can play all positions. He’s basically our 4th safety and our 5th cornerback on game days.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Broaddus claimed he's been moved back to corner. I don't think the odds are with him.
Yeah that's probably a really bad sign if true. They're probably thinking he has a better chance to stick at CB than S just due to the depth at each position, but I like him a lot more at Safety. We have a pretty small sample size to actually go off of so this may end up being wrong, but it seems he's a much stronger coverage player in zone where he doesn't have to turn and run with a receiver.

Going back through some of his college scouting reports some of the consistent knocks on the guy was that he often opens his hips early, and really doesn't back pedal naturally. Stong route runners in the NFL should eat him alive at CB based on that. Unfortunately for him I think he profiles a lot better in DQs defense than what we historically know from Zimmers. Who knows if Zim may adjust his defense a little bit to fit some of DQs guys better.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It's a good question, and I have personally been asking the same since he was drafted.
It's make or break time and I'm not sure just where he fits.
I thought he would be competing for more than just STs duty at this point in time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trade Izzy and Nashon. DQ may take them. Or to any team. Get a few draft picks or better yet. Get a DT and a RB. Even if not a big name player.

They have Carson and Scott and now Conley to compete for spots. And will not be any worse off.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Trade Izzy and Nashon. DQ may take them. Or to any team. Get a few draft picks or better yet. Get a DT and a RB. Even if not a big name player.

They have Carson and Scott and now Conley to compete for spots. And will not be any worse off.
Because the Jones have shown the ability to get good value in player trades.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They used him when they needed too but he was kind of an in between guy s/lb.

blueblood70

Reaction score
i don't know if he's forgotten but he's not for long, you know when a dance queens guys drafted solely because of his size and long arm reach lol... if you just look at they picked up eric scott.. they had brought in gilmore now they brought in that guy off the UFL... the writings on the wall for muk IMO but who knows.. we are loaded at safety, doesn't he play safety? not sure how he stays on at any DB psotion..what happened to Wright? i think may of the fringe DQ guys will be purged with Zim guys

Last edited: