Israel Mukuamu, forgotten?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
lol...at the give me your thoughts!.

I think he's been forgotten because he's been steady, not flashy and not many mistakes. Staying under the radar. He seems to be a solid and steady player.

Lol, I have heard that phrase before but can’t remember where from?

Rayman70

Reaction score
i don't know if he's forgotten but he's not for long, you know when a dance queens guys drafted solely because of his size and long arm reach lol... if you just look at they picked up eric scott.. they had brought in gilmore now they brought in that guy off the UFL... the writings on the wall for muk IMO but who knows.. we are loaded at safety, doesn't he play safety? not sure how he stays on at any DB psotion..what happened to Wright? i think may of the fringe DQ guys will be purged with Zim guys
I think Lewis and Wright need great camps to hang around. Same with Izzy. Maybe Izzy just needs real chances. Seems he hasn't garnered as many as others. Maybe thats unfair but he better stand out or he could be gone too,like you said. Zimmer aint messin. He knows its make or break for this team this year.No time for potential anymore. We need dawgs NOW. Izzy has been here long enough to at least separate himself from others.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He’s a valuable piece to the secondary because he can play all positions. He’s basically our 4th safety and our 5th cornerback on game days.
yes for that reason, guys like Wilson might need to show he can do more as well. Izzy has shown he can cover, but Wilson? Like you said, the more you can do,the better.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Trade Izzy and Nashon. DQ may take them. Or to any team. Get a few draft picks or better yet. Get a DT and a RB. Even if not a big name player.

They have Carson and Scott and now Conley to compete for spots. And will not be any worse off.
Cant really find a true value for Izzy. Only because he hasnt been used that much. If we move anyone it might be cutting wright and trading a guy like wilson. I like Wilson much more in the box than in coverage. Izzy seems to have the ability to do both decently. But only has a small sample size . Camp will kind flesh these things out like they always do.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Broaddus claimed he's been moved back to corner. I don't think the odds are with him.
I think they are doing that because of numbers at cb aren't great. Plus,he has shown flashes that he can cover. We need to see him in games this preseason to know more.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I heard Mazi is 205 now. Quinn is telling him to become a kicker.
Did Mazi make a deal with a gypsy?
thinner-creepy.gif
don't eat the dang pie Mazi!

Chasing6

Reaction score
The one guy NO ONE is talking about is Izzy. He's been here for like 3 years or so and he has been pretty good when called on. Will this year be his last chance to seize a bigger role? Give me your thoughts.Why has he been overlooked? Do they know something we fans do not? Or has he gotten stuck in a numbers game?
Who?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah that's probably a really bad sign if true. They're probably thinking he has a better chance to stick at CB than S just due to the depth at each position, but I like him a lot more at Safety. We have a pretty small sample size to actually go off of so this may end up being wrong, but it seems he's a much stronger coverage player in zone where he doesn't have to turn and run with a receiver.

Going back through some of his college scouting reports some of the consistent knocks on the guy was that he often opens his hips early, and really doesn't back pedal naturally. Stong route runners in the NFL should eat him alive at CB based on that. Unfortunately for him I think he profiles a lot better in DQs defense than what we historically know from Zimmers. Who knows if Zim may adjust his defense a little bit to fit some of DQs guys better.
He finished the 20

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The one guy NO ONE is talking about is Izzy. He's been here for like 3 years or so and he has been pretty good when called on. Will this year be his last chance to seize a bigger role? Give me your thoughts.Why has he been overlooked? Do they know something we fans do not? Or has he gotten stuck in a numbers game?
Juanyeh Thomas played more snaps on defense in 2023 than Mukuamu.

Qcard

Reaction score
I can't remember a recent Cowboy player that has got so much credit for a single playoff performance loss.

Israel reminded me of Nnamdi Asomugha...physically gift, not a natural athlete but work ethic was superb.

exciter

Reaction score
Forgotten? He’s a converted corner taken in the 6th. Two starters in Wilson and Hooker ahead of him along with Kearse and 2 UDFA who have both played beyond what I think would have been most people’s expectations. He might get a few more opportunities with Kearse gone but just by holding onto a 6th safety spot the last couple of years would lead one to believe they see something there and he’s not forgotten!!

pacboyX

Reaction score
I would hope he gets more time with us transitioning to a 2 deep safety system.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Yeah but LB really wasn't one of them. Of the 300+ snaps he had last year just 5 of them were in the box. He was pretty much a pure deep safety until the Diggs injury then nearly all his defensive snaps came as a perimeter CB.
I feel like if he played the spot, he practiced the spot, and learned the flex.

IMO DQ had him here to be the Kearse/Bell spot as well

quickccc

Reaction score
Forgotten ..? ... what da heck has Izzy done to even be Remembered ?? :huh: