Issac Bruce Resigns With Rams - Three Year Deal

TheHustler

Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ramsbruce&prov=st&type=lgns

WR Bruce returns to the Rams, agrees to three-year deal
March 10, 2006

ST. LOUIS (Ticker) - Isaac Bruce is not leaving the St. Louis Rams after all.

Four days after being released due to a high salary cap figure, Bruce agreed to terms with the Rams on a three-year contract.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

ADVERTISEMENT
[-92821]

The franchise's all-time leading receiver, Bruce essentially followed the lead of former Rams cornerback Aeneas Williams, who was cut in 2003 before he was due a $3.5 million roster bonus. Two days later, Williams re-signed with the Rams.

The move to release Bruce on Monday cleared about $8 million in salary cap for the Rams, who used that money to sign six-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle La'Roi Glover to a three-year contract.

On Wednesday, the NFL and the Players Association agreed to an extension to the collective bargaining agreement, increasing the salary cap in 2006 from $94.5 million to $102 million. That made it easier for the Rams to come back to Bruce with an enticing offer.

Bruce, 33, has spent his entire 12-year career with the Rams and has 813 catches for 12,278 yards and 77 touchdowns.

A turf toe injury caused Bruce to miss five games last season. He finished with 36 catches for 525 yards and three touchdowns.

acheman

Reaction score
Is this what Nors meant when he said watch Isaac Bruce closely? I don't see what the big deal was, but whatever floats his boat I guess.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
6 mil for a 12 year vet who did almost nothing last year when healthy is a hell of a lot of cash. more power to him.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I'm glad to see this. Bruce is one of the good guys in the league. He has been a consumate pro, a gentleman and an asset to the community. He deserves this and I'm glad he will end his career with the Rams.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ramsbruce&prov=st&type=lgns

WR Bruce returns to the Rams, agrees to three-year deal
March 10, 2006

ST. LOUIS (Ticker) - Isaac Bruce is not leaving the St. Louis Rams after all.

Four days after being released due to a high salary cap figure, Bruce agreed to terms with the Rams on a three-year contract.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

ADVERTISEMENT
[-92821]

The franchise's all-time leading receiver, Bruce essentially followed the lead of former Rams cornerback Aeneas Williams, who was cut in 2003 before he was due a $3.5 million roster bonus. Two days later, Williams re-signed with the Rams.

The move to release Bruce on Monday cleared about $8 million in salary cap for the Rams, who used that money to sign six-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle La'Roi Glover to a three-year contract.

On Wednesday, the NFL and the Players Association agreed to an extension to the collective bargaining agreement, increasing the salary cap in 2006 from $94.5 million to $102 million. That made it easier for the Rams to come back to Bruce with an enticing offer.

Bruce, 33, has spent his entire 12-year career with the Rams and has 813 catches for 12,278 yards and 77 touchdowns.

A turf toe injury caused Bruce to miss five games last season. He finished with 36 catches for 525 yards and three touchdowns.

This is typical, don't be surprised to see a lot of other veteran resign with their old teams after they test the market and realize they won't be getting a fat contract.

I really think Ty Law could end up a Patriot again as well because of this.

jem88

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I'm glad to see this. Bruce is one of the good guys in the league. He has been a consumate pro, a gentleman and an asset to the community. He deserves this and I'm glad he will end his career with the Rams.
Agree 100%. My favourite non-Cowboy. He had a bit of an off-year last year but I think that had a lot to do with his injury. He was excellent the year before.