It’s a 2 man race Surtain and Horn

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I guess Sewell or Pitts could add intrigue to all this but IMO these are the 2 guys. What’s telling is there have been no whispers of any real interest in any of the other CB prospects that could be had later in round 1 or 2. Forget about a trade down. They won’t want to lose an opportunity at either guy.
I agree with you but sometime next week we will hear rumors about Parsons, Collins and maybe Newsome at 10. I have a feeling the Cowboys would only take Pitts, Sewell or Slater if some how the corners are both taken in the top 9. Unless Jerrah overrides the rest of the front office.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I agree. Also, watch out for the Eagles jumping ahead of us if they decided they want their top corner.
The Eagles will probably wait and draft the best player at 12. They want to use their draft capital to get the top quarterback in next year’s draft or make the trade for Watson.:eek:

stinkface

Reaction score
Pitts if he is there hands down and then pick the best remaining corner with the second pick. You need a difference maker. Unless you are drafting the next Dion Sanders (which neither of these guys are) go with the game changer.

rambo2

Reaction score
I agree with you but sometime next week we will hear rumors about Parsons, Collins and maybe Newsome at 10. I have a feeling the Cowboys would only take Pitts, Sewell or Slater if some how the corners are both taken in the top 9. Unless Jerrah overrides the rest of the front office.
Slater is probably the only one that they might pass on and they very well could take him. I could possibly see them taking Surtain, Horn, or Parsons over Salater, but they might take Slater.

Gaede

Reaction score
Surtain is the better player.

But I have to admit. Football is entertainment, and a part of me wants to pick Horn because the physicality and how entertaining that is. It's not something that can be tied to wins and losses through analytics, but it's something I enjoy to see while watching the game. It's stupid, completely irrelevant in a data-driven league, but it's omething I can't shake.

I want to enjoy the game, and I think a guy like Colombo is more exciting to watch than a guy like Byron. Even just for the occassional **** disturbance.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I guess Sewell or Pitts could add intrigue to all this but IMO these are the 2 guys. What’s telling is there have been no whispers of any real interest in any of the other CB prospects that could be had later in round 1 or 2. Forget about a trade down. They won’t want to lose an opportunity at either guy.
Ive been all over the Surtain/,Horn trade down argument and I agree. It's close enough BPA and big need. Caution prudence require fixing the blown gasket not buying a spare tire.

ghst187

Reaction score
Neither excites me. I’d be more excited by Parsons and I about gag at the thought of a LB with a top 10 pick. I think both CBs will be fine but don’t see either being great.
And I think Parsons could be in the mix or esp Collins, sounds like they love Collins although not sure 10 pick makes sense for him.

J12B

Reaction score

At this point, I like Horn more than Surtain. Surtain seems a lot like Diggs. Horn seems more physical and potential to be a shut down corner. But I'll still like Surtain if he gets picked as well. We need a CB rd1.