CFZ It’s a violent game and many QBs lose it at 30

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Dak’s not a mobile QB that’s good at extending plays.

Hes a pocket passer that isn’t that talented at throwing the ball.

The move is Trey Lance. If it fails then so be it but everyone knows how the Dak story ends.

The Cowboys need to abandon their delusion and make a freaking move for once.
just be patient Lance will get his shot. daks old , hurt and playing bad seems like it’s a matter of time. plus Jerry can’t wait to prove everyone how smart he was on trading for Trey.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
As far as I have seen Dak has never had it. Can you point to a single high pressure game where it came down to him making the throws that he actually rose to the occasion?
Read original post. Tampa Playoff game, dude was on fire. The problem with the Dak squabbles, is too many people want to deal in extremes. A player can be inconsistent - whether it's from age or just mental lapses. Dak is not a QB who stinks EVERY game. That's just nonsense and extremes. As someone also dealing with age, and old sports wear and tear on the body, I can tell you that there are days the body just cooperates better. These semi-mobile or mobile QBs are aged fast. People forget how bad that injury was that Dak had. That used to be a career ender not too long ago.

Last edited:

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
There is no you told us so. LOL

You have been wrong for 7 years on Dak.

Finally in year 8 after injury and age has caught up with him is dak now heading back towards the mean of QB play.

An 8 year old I told you so? BWAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Troll logic at its best.

Dak has gotten old and I no longer support paying him top QB money. Zeke got old, Dak got old, heck Pollard looks like he is getting old. Happens to all of them.

Nothing worse than an aging overpaid veteran holding back the progress of young players. Sadly I dont see Jerry figuring this one out in time.

Dak should be traded ASAP while he still has value.
Your pride won’t allow you to see the truth. I’ve known all along that Dak wasn’t the guy. How did it take you eight years to figure this out? His run here was a failure and he never brought us past the divisional round. This was my biggest fear. Spinning our wheels and being in this situation. Trade Dak this off-season and salvage this mess. Yeehaw!!!!!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Humble, Hungry Dak (His rookie year) was pretty damn good. Entitled, (It's my turn) Dak has been a franchise destroyer.
That's a whole nutha thread. Sadly. IMO, it's the true Dallas killer. But in Jerry's defense, all pro atheles deal with it now. The money and fame is so much higher than the past.

Still bothers me to see comments from ex-players like our CB saying, "Hey, you can play football out of the lights."

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
LOL You throw enough #*$#* at the wall, something will stick. ;)

Dak was a solid QB for several years. To say otherwise is just the same as the current event people who deny facts and stick with extremes.

Notice I didn't say Hall of Fame QB, good as Aikman, good as Staubach, or the other extremes.... just solid QB.
Stop comparing Aikman and Dak….. this is getting annoying.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Stop comparing Aikman and Dak….. this is getting annoying.
You are an example of the problem with the QB threads. I didn't compare Aikman to Dak at all. Reading comprehension amigo.

Dak was a solid QB for many years. Doesn't mean I'm a Dak... Fanboy as the nerds say. Doesn't mean I won't call out his mistakes.

So many people want to go with either "Dak has always been horrible!" or "Dak is the next Ring of Honor QB!" and let's just call it like it is --- solid QB, good games, bad games. Getting worse with age, injuries, new offensive schemes and Jerry's inability to form a winner.

Mr_437

Reaction score
When Dak had the ability to run those passes he missed or those poor reads were acceptable because he could make it up with his legs. Dak was never a pure drop back passer, so now without his mobility we're seeing all his flaws as a passer. I think Dak still should run more from the pocket if things are looking sketchy, just to add the threat and open up his game.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
When Dak had the ability to run those passes he missed or those poor reads were acceptable because he could make it up with his legs. Dak was never a pure drop back passer, so now without his mobility we're seeing all his flaws as a passer. I think Dak still should run more from the pocket if things are looking sketchy, just to add the threat and open up his game.
Both Dak and Romo made up for throwing issues with their athleticism. I say enough. If Dak doesn't work out, time to go the tried and true route. Let's get a first rounder with a great arm. I guess some would say that's Trey Lance. He looks like he has a stronger arm than Dak, but running-wise, reminds me of him the same.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A side rant.

Some fans before 2016: "Romo gets hurt too often and he throws too many interceptions."

Some fans during 2016: "Romo's hurt again. Prescott looks like he will never get hurt. And he does not throw interceptions. Bye Felicia!"

Some fans after 2016: "Prescott can't run. He threw a ton of picks last year. He threw three interceptions Sunday night. He should already be gone."

Quarterbacks. They receive the snap and must get the ball out of their hands quickly, either to a receiver or throw it out of bounds.

Romo was rarely tentative. Yes. Sometimes he would run around for extra time to make a play that he should not. Other times, he would eat the ball and take sacks instead of dumping it out of bounds. Otherwise, it was usually snap, scan, throw. True. Sometimes the ball was thrown at a defender.

Flip side.

Prescott is too tentative. Too often, it is snap, scan, scan, scan, scan, scan, scan, scan, scan, throw.

It is tragically funny. One quarterback was too aggressive. Some fans initially wanted his exact opposite, GOT HIM, and now? He is something they would not scrap off the bottom of their shoe.

There is an old saying. "Sometimes one should wait to know what they are getting first."

Jerry Jones did not wait. Some fans agreed with him waiting was wrong.

Well.

Surprise!

/rant

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your pride won’t allow you to see the truth. I’ve known all along that Dak wasn’t the guy. How did it take you eight years to figure this out? His run here was a failure and he never brought us past the divisional round. This was my biggest fear. Spinning our wheels and being in this situation. Trade Dak this off-season and salvage this mess. Yeehaw!!!!!
What guy? LOL

You mean a franchise QB top 10 QB?

Yah, you never thought he was that and you were dead wrong.

QB's get old like everyone else.

In year 8 you claim victory!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::laugh::laugh:

"Duh I knew all along" BWAAAAAAAAAA

After rookie of the year, pro bowls, 3 years of the #1 scoring offense, playoffs, never a losing season playoff wins, top 10 QB rankings for the past 4 years.

Yah, you knew right? The bus driver backup, you knew. :lmao2::lmao::laugh::lmao::lmao2:

Gambit

Reaction score
Really, that was your biggest fear???

Btw, no trade clause means ya can't trade him.

Yeehaw!!!!!

plymkr

Reaction score
If the team is ever going to give him a chance, it's now. If there is any hope for 2024, they have to let Trey build a foundation in 2023. If the doesn't show reason for hope, you go into the offseason with clear understanding of what you need to do.
I agree 100%