It all came together for Dak

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I'm one of the "don't think Dak can get us to the promise land" crowd, but wow, that's the most decisive I've ever seen him look. And I give him huge props for that, I hope he keeps growing and gaining confidence.

You don't have to be Pro nor Anti Dak to have an opinion of him. None of us know what he will become. I think he's a true leader but not a QB that can win games consistently win without everything being perfect around him. Just my opinion.

I hope I am proven wrong for the next dozen years, but I'll have no crow to eat. Way too many people love the whole " I told you so". To me that's just silly and immature. I"m wrong everyday and I don't mind admitting it.

Ken

Reaction score
You said this game will likely be looked at as the turning point for the franchise.

That’s an extreme position at this point.
The owner and GM (same guy haha) said roughly the same thing. That the qb and passing game got better in that game. He also wouldn't trade that and it was invaluable.

Now...that isn't exactly saying turning point...but pretty close. I know everyone likes to make fun of Jerry's comments but he isn't wrong very much, imo

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dak wanted this game. It was...

1- A division game. Not sure how much he saw it that way but I did.

2 - He wanted to prove a point to the team that he wants to win.

3 - He needed this game to get game time experience to work on the TE connection.

4 - He needed to show that with up to 4 starting O- Lineman and Elliot out that he could still lead this team.

He threw for 4 TDs and no picks. Team only turned in 50+ yards rushing for the game.

I am still wondering about some thngs. He took a few sacks again and missed open recievers. But he grew yesterday. He has not hit his ceiling yet..

Your talking about a QB that was thrust straight into a starting roll. He went 13-2. If he started the last game of that season then we likely win that game also. 1st year QB goes to the playoffs.

Sometimes I think that people don’t realize certain things. Maybe he isn’t the answer but he is sure playing clutch.

The starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys is the most scrutinized position in the NFL. We expect perfection. Romo has the same thing while he was QB. Now some of the same people that were haters of Romo miss him.
I think Dak wanted this game to prove that he is a thrower of the football if you give him that chance. I think he wanted to prove to Jones that if you give him the keys, he'll not only drive your car, but he'll change the oil, fix the breaks, wash it, AND pick up hot women in it. Just give him the keys.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
My post wasnt directed at you. In fact it was directed at no one in particular. Furthermore,... only one trolling around here is YOU. But you already knew that.

By the Way...... You seem to be at war with just about everybody,..YET AGAIN. Why is that exactly? Its gone on for years now. Really unfortunate.
No just the haters. Happy New Years.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I hope something clicked with Jarwin and we can expect consistent production in the receiving game from him. Would be a huge get this late in the season.

Dak showed some good progressions, anticipation, and ball placement on those TD passes. I was honestly surprised. He’s done it before, but not consistently. Hope it’s s turning point for him, too.

I just think it was an outlier on both as opposed to a new norm. We’ll find out soon enough.