It always seems like players get signed over the weekend for us

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Hey cowboys fans, if you don't love this time of the year name MUST be Stephen J! Anyways, going off previous years, it always seems like things take place and players get signed over the weekend for us. Has anyone noticed this??

I work all weekend, there's nothing like going to my phone and seeing 22 million alerts around this time of year saying we signed said players!!

I hope something happens that we will love, please give your thoughts

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wouldn't worry about anything happening this weekend. At least, not with us signing a really good free agent. But, who the heck knows with the Jones!!

Carson

Reaction score
Every year for me since 1996
  • Disappointed how the season ended.
  • Come around a few months later that we may be alright.
  • Tell myself we won't sign ANYBODY in free agency.
  • Sit down the minute it starts and continually refreshing thinking this may be the year
  • Get angry that Washington, Philly and New York sign any and everybody they want
  • Get angry that I allowed myself to do it every year
  • Focus on the draft

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
  • Sit down the minute it starts and continually refreshing thinking this may be the year
  • Get angry that Washington, Philly and New York sign any and everybody they want
  • Focus on the draft
Exactly.....wash, rinse and repeat!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
  • Focus on the draft

He's my favorite lol love this guy lol

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
  • Focus on the draft

ha! you're not alone man. Been in this cycle since 2007

Syron

Reaction score
We like our guys...unless you are talented and have an opinion, then you get cut.

It's funny that we sit here year after year watching players get signed up, and then mid season have to hear this BS:

Jerry Jones: I’d do anything known to man to get in a Super Bowl

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Aside from last year's Rams, which were largely built from trades and not free agents, how many teams that have gone "all in" during free agency actually won the Super Bowl? Unless you're going to get a transformational signing (like the Bucs with Brady or the Broncos with Peyton Manning years ago), championship teams can't be bought.

I still think great franchises are built via the draft and free agency should be used to patch holes. The problem with the Cowboys is neither approach has worked for them since 1996.

I understand it's tiring watching this team play free agency for a future that never comes, but swinging and missing in free agency can be just as damaging as whiffing on a 1st round pick. It can set a team behind for years.

CWR

Reaction score
Hey cowboys fans, if you don't love this time of the year name MUST be Stephen J! Anyways, going off previous years, it always seems like things take place and players get signed over the weekend for us. Has anyone noticed this??

I work all weekend, there's nothing like going to my phone and seeing 22 million alerts around this time of year saying we signed said players!!

I hope something happens that we will love, please give your thoughts

Hell yeah. Normally I'm obsessive compulsive about checking in on here this time of year. Today I got busy and hadn't checked in a few hours. I logged on and saw Jarwin and the kicker cut. It was good to see.

As negative as I've been about our start to FA, it's starting to look like they are actually making some logical decisions now.

I love getting updates when the real stuff goes down. Then when you get off work you can chill and dive in.

Jipper

Reaction score
I don't even know when FA starts, didn't watch the combine and frankly don't care at this point....when the draft comes I'll be interested but nothing to see until then