"It Happened" Mock Draft

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I have not been a proponent of this move but I am starting to believe there is a good chance Adrian Peterson winds up in Dallas this season. The catch is such a move may have to occur before or during the draft. Peterson and agent are aware Dallas(and Arizona) may select a RB with a high draft pick which will impact his ability to land at a preferred destination and most importantly out of Minnesota. I believe they turn the heat up on Minnesota in the next couple of weeks forcing management to give in and allow Peterson to seek a trade.

With that said....

Dallas trades future draft pick(s) to Minnesota. I'm thinking a 2016 1st and 2017 3rd rounder that can turn into a 2nd based on Peterson's performance in 2016.

Peterson agrees to re-work his contract as part of the trade to Dallas

Draft:

TRADE - Dallas trades pick #27(1) to NE for pick #32(1) and #101(4)

1. Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest
Cowboys were comfortable trading down from #27 to #32 since 3 CBs they really like are all available. By the time they pick at #32, Johnson is the best one remaining.

2. Danielle Hunter DE LSU
Marinelli pounds the table for this player believing he can mold and develop Hunter into a pass rusher in time. Physical attributes, motor and character are top notch.

3. LaDarius Gunter CB/S Miami
Another DB??? Dallas loses target Grady Jarrett a few picks before but selects versatile DB with good size.

4. Daryl Williams OL Oklahoma
Cowboys like that he can play OT but may be best suited inside at OG.

4. Bobby Richardson DT Indiana
Needs to improve play strength a bit. Potential backup 3T. Takes some of the sting away after missing Jarrett earlier.

5. Jacorey Shepherd CB Kansas
Sense a theme here???

7. Kaelin Clay WR/KR Utah
Only shot is as KR/PR early on

7. Nick Boyle TE Delaware
Possible #2 TE in time

Thoughts??????

Derinyar

Reaction score
I doubt the Cowboys give that up for Peterson.

The draft. Johsnon is nice in 1, not sure he's there at 27 but he'd be great. Hunter is alright in two. Gunter seems a little early. Williams is fine. If he's still there I think I might be more interested in Nunez-Roches over Richardson.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
I would like to veto that trade on behalf of cowboys nation.

Marinelli pounds the table for this player believing he can mold and develop Hunter into a pass rusher in time. Physical attributes, motor and character are top notch.

tell me more.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Funny, but if I'm Minnesota, I turn down the trade. The 1st needs to be this year, the 3rd next year.

And if I'm Dallas, I slam the phone down immediately.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Funny, but if I'm Minnesota, I turn down the trade. The 1st needs to be this year, the 3rd next year.

And if I'm Dallas, I slam the phone down immediately.

I have no Ida what fair compensation should be for Peterson. The "experts" on TV are saying 2 1sts. Obviously a no-go. So I compromised by giving up a 1 and a future pick.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Horrific trade and 3 cornerbacks.

If I gave my real thoughts I'd be banned.

LOL

The trade I admit I have no idea what would be fair compensation for a 30 year old exceptional RB. If it can be done without giving up a 1st, sign me up.

The number of DBs selected, I could absolutely see the team going that route. Not that I agree with it but I think we'll see at least 2 selected in the first 5 rounds

VACowboy

Reaction score
Trade a first and a third for a 30-year-old RB with a ton of OTF baggage and who hasn't played in a year? I sure as hell hope not. Nobody has any idea what kind of player Adrian Peterson will be in 2015.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not been a proponent of this move but I am starting to believe there is a good chance Adrian Peterson winds up in Dallas this season. The catch is such a move may have to occur before or during the draft. Peterson and agent are aware Dallas(and Arizona) may select a RB with a high draft pick which will impact his ability to land at a preferred destination and most importantly out of Minnesota. I believe they turn the heat up on Minnesota in the next couple of weeks forcing management to give in and allow Peterson to seek a trade.

With that said....

Dallas trades future draft pick(s) to Minnesota. I'm thinking a 2016 1st and 2017 3rd rounder that can turn into a 2nd based on Peterson's performance in 2016.

Peterson agrees to re-work his contract as part of the trade to Dallas

Draft:

TRADE - Dallas trades pick #27(1) to NE for pick #32(1) and #101(4)

1. Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest
Cowboys were comfortable trading down from #27 to #32 since 3 CBs they really like are all available. By the time they pick at #32, Johnson is the best one remaining.

3. LaDarius Gunter CB/S Miami
Another DB??? Dallas loses target Grady Jarrett a few picks before but selects versatile DB with good size.

4. Daryl Williams OL Oklahoma
Cowboys like that he can play OT but may be best suited inside at OG.

4. Bobby Richardson DT Indiana
Needs to improve play strength a bit. Potential backup 3T. Takes some of the sting away after missing Jarrett earlier.

5. Jacorey Shepherd CB Kansas
Sense a theme here???

7. Kaelin Clay WR/KR Utah
Only shot is as KR/PR early on

7. Nick Boyle TE Delaware
Possible #2 TE in time

Thoughts??????

You ruined a decent draft with the Peterson mess.

Draft picks are the key to salary cap management because of their low salaries. Good teams either use draft picks or pay big money to free agents. Giving up picks and paying big money to that same player is not a good plan.

LOBO7

Reaction score
Minn may actually want to deal him. I say wait until they call us
The closer we get to the draft the more his value drops.
I would rather have a 1st or 2nd round back come in a be a part of a stable of backs,
learn the position and win the majority of the work by week 10 or so.
To me I'd take that and the future that would come with it. Saves a lot of money to.