It Happens

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
It happened to the Colts this week (44-17), it happened to the Bears (31-13), it happened to the Saints (31-14), it happened to the Seahawks (31-13) and it happened to the Bengals (38-13).

I have made myself sick over this loss (I know people say it but I swear I just got done losing my dinner). There is nothing I can take from this game and say we did well. I can't spin it no matter how hard I try. I have vented, I have thrown things, I just about cried and at one point I even laughed.

I cursed Parcells, I swore Roy Williams out of my mind and I even verbally lambasted Romo once or twice.

In the end, I tell myself it happens.

It's not been easy the last 4 years under Parcells. So much promise so little production. This is the closest we have ever been. Maybe that's why it makes it so hard to swollow. My every other thought is an attempt to keep myself grounded. I find myself trying to believe we will bounce back. Trying to believe Parcells and the Cowboys can finish the year strong, something they have failed to do the last 3 years. I lost the ability to be optomistic back in the Campo years. It sucks, I want it back. I'm sick of looking forward to change. 3 weeks to go and still in 1st place I should not be trying to figure out what changes can be made next year. Why do I have so little faith? Were 5-2 in our last 7 games, NFL Parity says I should be thrilled.

I'll wake tomorrow and fail to turn on the TV all day. I don't want to hear it. As a matter of fact the next time I find myself sitting in front of the TV won't be till Saturday night.

I want to see a leader step up on this team. I want to see a player come out and admit they sucked, admit they failed. I want to hear them say they are pi**ed off! I want someone to say I'm taking blame. I want to hear them say WE WILL BE BACK, WE WILL WIN NEXT WEEK.

I want to know where the players hearts are cause I know where mine is. I'm sitting on it. I'm protecting it. Damn you Cowboys, your not breaking it again.

I have one thing I'm holding onto till Saturday and that's the fact that it happens.

nc1054

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1224967 said:
It happened to the Colts this week (44-17), it happened to the Bears (31-13), it happened to the Saints (31-14), it happened to the Seahawks (31-13) and it happened to the Bengals (38-13).

I have made myself sick over this loss (I know people say it but I swear I just got done losing my dinner). There is nothing I can take from this game and say we did well. I can't spin it no matter how hard I try. I have vented, I have thrown things, I just about cried and at one point I even laughed.

I cursed Parcells, I swore Roy Williams out of my mind and I even verbally lambasted Romo once or twice.

In the end, I tell myself it happens.

It's not been easy the last 4 years under Parcells. So much promise so little production. This is the closest we have ever been. Maybe that's why it makes it so hard to swollow. My every other thought is an attempt to keep myself grounded. I find myself trying to believe we will bounce back. Trying to believe Parcells and the Cowboys can finish the year strong, something they have failed to do the last 3 years. I lost the ability to be optomistic back in the Campo years. It sucks, I want it back. I'm sick of looking forward to change. 3 weeks to go and still in 1st place I should not be trying to figure out what changes can be made next year. Why do I have so little faith? Were 5-2 in our last 7 games, NFL Parity says I should be thrilled.

I'll wake tomorrow and fail to turn on the TV all day. I don't want to hear it. As a matter of fact the next time I find myself sitting in front of the TV won't be till Saturday night.

I want to see a leader step up on this team. I want to see a player come out and admit they sucked, admit they failed. I want to hear them say they are pi**ed off! I want someone to say I'm taking blame. I want to hear them say WE WILL BE BACK, WE WILL WIN NEXT WEEK.

I want to know where the players hearts are cause I know where mine is. I'm sitting on it. I'm protecting it. Damn you Cowboys, your not breaking it again.

I have one thing I'm holding onto till Saturday and that's the fact that it happens.

:bow: ...God bless you, and I, for one, am with you...diehard Boys fan to the grave...F:star: ck the rest......

neosapien23

Reaction score
Exactly it happens. But I would like to see how a Burnett, Hatcher, and Ratliff starting for this defense would do. Maybe they could get more pressure from the base 3-4 without having to blitz more than 4 people.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
neosapien23;1224978 said:
Exactly it happens. But I would like to see how a Burnett, Hatcher, and Ratliff starting for this defense would do. Maybe they could get more pressure from the base 3-4 without having to blitz more than 4 people.

Ya know, you just might see that next week against Atlanta.

BTW, to the original poster, great post, totally lifted my spirits.

sk0aL

Reaction score
It's the NFL.... any given Sunday. The Saints just wanted it more. Like you said, the Colts got embarassed and the Patriots were shut out by the Dolphins.

It just depends on who shows up on gameday, and the Cowboys definitely didn't show up.

All you can hope for is that the players learn from it and take care of business the next 3 games.

nc1054

Reaction score
LowTech;1224999 said:
So......I'm not alone in my feelings

Not at all....GO COWBOYS...I still have faith...till the day I die...:starspin

Fan Since 77

Reaction score
I think half the people on these boards are trolls.
This is a nice breath of fresh air.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
Heard Ferguson on the post-game show. He sounded pretty determined. Good post. I'd forgotten about the Bears and Bengals respective blowouts.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
the PATS lost 21-0.

they better bench Brady and get a real Defensive minded coach in there soon!

cowboy fans are soooo lame after a loss :(

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Fan Since 77;1225007 said:
AMen.

more than half unfortunately :(

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
chinch;1225010 said:
the PATS lost 21-0.

they better bench Brady and get a real Defensive minded coach in there soon!

cowboy fans are soooo lame after a loss :(

No...........we're just PISSED

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
neosapien23;1224978 said:

Sorry, I just ahd to quote this again...for some reason I'm doubly intrigued by this...

Spears and Canty obviously aren't getting the job done pass rush wise, and our run D still isn't doing anything...

Spears and Canty are supposed to be good at stopping the run. If they can't even do that, why not put Hatcher and Ratliff out there?

Aw it'd be so awesome to see us have a pass rush and to collapse the pocket.

I think we're gonna have to move Anthony Henry to FS, drop the gun magnet, and pick up a cornerback in the draft.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Fan Since 77;1225007 said:

Not trolls, they just love to complain. They haven't been able to since the Washington game on November 5 so they have five weeks of complaining being released.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Stop trying to make me feel better. I wanna feel like crap right now, tomorrow or Tuesday I will be in a better mood.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I think we are all together. I nasty mix of angry and sad. No matter how we choose to express it were feeling the same thing.

We are all still here hours after the game for the same reason. Were looking for answers, were looking for reasons, were looking for hope and were looking for comfort.

Let's hope the answers show themselves Saturday, let's hope were given a reason to believe Saturday let's hope we can take comfort in this team bouncing back and pulling together Saturday.

Fan Since 77

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1225022 said:
Not trolls, they just love to complain. They haven't been able to since the Washington game on November 5 so they have five weeks of complaining being released.

The sad thing is I see many of the complainers today who do the same thing even if we win. It's really pathetic.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1225021 said:
Spears and Canty are supposed to be good at stopping the run. If they can't even do that, why not put Hatcher and Ratliff out there?

Aw it'd be so awesome to see us have a pass rush and to collapse the pocket.

Anybody see Hatcher or Ratliff pressuring Brees today?

Me neither.