It is pretty simple: the defense was great, Romo was very bad

jesusphreak

Reaction score
Some people are going to claim the sky is falling. Some people are going to want to get rid of Jason Garret, some will hate on the defense, some will say this team cannot win a Super Bowl.

But to be very basic about what happened today is the defense played very well and Romo had a horrible game. The defense had what 4 sacks and only gave up 10 points. Any other game this year and that is a guaranteed win by 2 touchdowns.

Romo was just terrible. No other way to put it. He had open receivers all game and missed them consistently. He made poor decisions. The silver lining about this is the defense is what has worried us all year. It played well, and hopefully it will continue to do so. If Romo will get back to form we should be in good shape.

And hopefully our injuries aren't too serious.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
As much as I like Romo, I have to agree. He flat out stunk it up. The Eagles did a good job vs the WRs, but the throws were there...unfortunately, Romo was very flat and looked lost. I hope that he didn't have something else on his mind besides football (like the good looker wearing a pink #9)

Martice

Reaction score
trueblue1687;1837785 said:
As much as I like Romo, I have to agree. He flat out stunk it up. The Eagles did a good job vs the WRs, but the throws were there...unfortunately, Romo was very flat and looked lost. I hope that he didn't have something else on his mind besides football (like the good looker wearing a pink #9)

I think what is happening is so many of us had Tony on this high pedestal and the fall from grace is usually long and painful. He is human folks.

Get it out fellas. It's theraputic to let it out.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
Last week, Romo was great and defense was very bad. I just wish we could put it all together.

CantonBound08

Reaction score
jesusphreak;1837760 said:
Some people are going to claim the sky is falling. Some people are going to want to get rid of Jason Garret, some will hate on the defense, some will say this team cannot win a Super Bowl.

But to be very basic about what happened today is the defense played very well and Romo had a horrible game. The defense had what 4 sacks and only gave up 10 points. Any other game this year and that is a guaranteed win by 2 touchdowns.

Romo was just terrible. No other way to put it. He had open receivers all game and missed them consistently. He made poor decisions. The silver lining about this is the defense is what has worried us all year. It played well, and hopefully it will continue to do so. If Romo will get back to form we should be in good shape.

You are exactly right. Romo was off today. In my opinion, he appeared completely ticked off in the press conference afterwards. I hadn't seen him like that before. I have seen him euphoric, depressed, but never ticked. It's neither here nor there , but interesting.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
when you lose a 10-6 game and you've thrown 36 times and ran only 15, there probably needs to be some changes in play calling

it'd have been different if Romo was hitting his usual 65-70%, but when you are basically at 33% you have to be able to run some...

David

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
"It is pretty simple: the defense was great, Romo was very bad"

That says it all, bad day.

Woods

Reaction score
Yhea, it's one of those days for Romo . . . .

He was just off a bit for whatever reason.

Let's just get a win over the Panthers and take one game at a time.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
"It is pretty simple: the defense was great, Romo was very bad"
Defense was good (phillys O is inept),

Romo was bad (AND INJURED - what was TOs excuse?)

Coaching was very, very bad.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score

Yup, I agree. Simply put, Romo had a bad game, something every QB experiences once in a while. Hope we don't see it anymore this season. :)

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
dbair1967;1838855 said:
when you lose a 10-6 game and you've thrown 36 times and ran only 15, there probably needs to be some changes in play calling

it'd have been different if Romo was hitting his usual 65-70%, but when you are basically at 33% you have to be able to run some...

David

What I don't understand is that Garrett's offense was supposed to be based on Norv's offense. The lack of a commitment to run the ball is puzzling.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1838906 said:
What I don't understand is that Garrett's offense was supposed to be based on Norv's offense. The lack of a commitment to run the ball is puzzling.

remember he didnt change anything with the run game...he said he only redid the passing game

I actually thought he should have redone the run game design as well, but he left it alone...we're not a really good run blocking line, but you have to be able to run better (and mroe frequesntly) than we did today...there's no reason with the size of this OL and a physical runner like MBII that we should be going to the shotgun on 2nd and goal fron inside the 5

David

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
CantonBound08;1838842 said:
You are exactly right. Romo was off today. In my opinion, he appeared completely ticked off in the press conference afterwards. I hadn't seen him like that before. I have seen him euphoric, depressed, but never ticked. It's neither here nor there , but interesting.

He was upset because the NFL required him to "throw" this game. ;)

CantonBound08

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1838946 said:
He was upset because the NFL required him to "throw" this game. ;)
That would probably be enough to tick him off. I was actually glad to see him ticked. He had every right to be, but it is not his typical demeanor. Usually, even after a loss he is typically a glass half full kindof guy. Did you see it? Did you get the same impression I did?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
CantonBound08;1839015 said:
That would probably be enough to tick him off. I was actually glad to see him ticked. He had every right to be, but it is not his typical demeanor. Usually, even after a loss he is typically a glass half full kindof guy. Did you see it? Did you get the same impression I did?

No, I didn't. But, you've peaked my interest and I hope someone posts a video so that I can see it.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did "throw" the game seeing how bad he really was on accuracy alone. But, I don't want to be labelled a conspiracy theorist. I'll be relegated to the psych ward. ;)

CantonBound08

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1839027 said:
No, I didn't. But, you've peaked my interest and I hope someone posts a video so that I can see it.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did "throw" the game seeing how bad he really was on accuracy alone. But, I don't want to be labelled a conspiracy theorist. I'll be relegated to the psych ward. ;)
Well, I don't intend to over sell it. He wasn't going Bobby Knight on anyone. He just seemed sour. I looked for it on YouTube, but I didn't see it.

Weber

Reaction score
This title of this thread is straight to the point and 100% accurate. Romo had a bad game flat out and that's why we lost.

I know it had nothing to do with Jessica being there but it sure was ironic.

We can only hope he is healthy for next weeks game.

I'm not as upset about the lost as I thought I would be but they do need to turn it around next week.

And Roy acted pissed after the horse colar. Like he wasn't 100 percent in the wrong.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score

:clap:

Right to the point and well said.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
remember the last time Romo had a bad game, and what he did following that game? if this leads to the same results, hey, I'm all for Romo having a bad game every now and then, just so as long as they don't occur during the postseason