It is pretty simple: the defense was great, Romo was very bad

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1837865 said:
The defense except for a few Roy Williams plays played outstanding!

The Eagles have no offense. A gimpy McNabb that ran on us... and Westbrook - that is all.

They played very well and gave us a chance to win the game.... but outstanding is a bit much. Outstanding would have been a stop on 3rd and 9 to that nobody. arghhhhhhh

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bad games happen. Tony's earned the benfit of the doubt and I have full confidence he'll be on his game against Craolina next week.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
windward;1839491 said:
Bad games happen. Tony's earned the benfit of the doubt and I have full confidence he'll be on his game against Craolina next week.

The good news is that Romo doesn't tend to have klinkers back-to-back. We've probably got at least 6 or 7 weeks before he's likely to screw the pooch again. He's so much like Brett Favre it's not even funny.

slick325

Reaction score
jesusphreak;1837760 said:
Some people are going to claim the sky is falling. Some people are going to want to get rid of Jason Garret, some will hate on the defense, some will say this team cannot win a Super Bowl.

But to be very basic about what happened today is the defense played very well and Romo had a horrible game. The defense had what 4 sacks and only gave up 10 points. Any other game this year and that is a guaranteed win by 2 touchdowns.

Romo was just terrible. No other way to put it. He had open receivers all game and missed them consistently. He made poor decisions. The silver lining about this is the defense is what has worried us all year. It played well, and hopefully it will continue to do so. If Romo will get back to form we should be in good shape.

And hopefully our injuries aren't too serious.

Very well put. Romo was off his game even before the thumb injury. He was horrible from the 1st whistle to the last whistle. No other way to put it. He has however earned the benefit of the doubt since he's been the true reason for restored optimism on this board.

Really hope Romo's thumb, Gurode and Canty's knees and Watkins ankle are ok.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1839323 said:
remember the last time Romo had a bad game, and what he did following that game? if this leads to the same results, hey, I'm all for Romo having a bad game every now and then, just so as long as they don't occur during the postseason

I think his last bad game was Buffalo and we lost the next week to NE. Let's hope that's not the results.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Idgit;1840164 said:
The good news is that Romo doesn't tend to have klinkers back-to-back. We've probably got at least 6 or 7 weeks before he's likely to screw the pooch again. He's so much like Brett Favre it's not even funny.
six weeks from now is the Super Bowl. :eek:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
TheHerd;1840283 said:
I think his last bad game was Buffalo and we lost the next week to NE. Let's hope that's not the results.
We're not playing the Patriots next week.