It isn't time to get excited yet

fortdick

Reaction score
Although I am really getting excited about this team, just think........

When we get Terry Glenn, a full time Newman, Tank Johnson, and possibly a Greg Ellis that wants to play, think of how good we will be!

How many point can we score with Glenn on the field?

How much better will our defense be?

Barring injury, I see a repeat of 1992!

RomoIsBack

Reaction score
fortdick;1667021 said:
Although I am really getting excited about this team, just think........

When we get Terry Glenn, a full time Newman, Tank Johnson, and possibly a Greg Ellis that wants to play, think of how good we will be!

How many point can we score with Glenn on the field?

How much better will our defense be?

Barring injury, I see a repeat of 1992!

stop you killin me:bang2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Thread Title: "It isn't time to get excited yet"

Thread OP: "I'm so excited I'm peeing myself."

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
theogt;1667032 said:
Thread Title: "It isn't time to get excited yet"

Thread OP: "I'm so excited I'm peeing myself."
:lmao2:

Don't get excited... but this looks like 1992!!!

fortdick

Reaction score
peplaw06;1667035 said:
:lmao2:

Don't get excited... but this looks like 1992!!!

I am excited about them now, but think about November! That is when it will really get good.

aikemirv

Reaction score
My excitement is being held in check by how well NE is playing.

If we beat them in week 6 I won't be able to contain it anymore.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
fortdick;1667058 said:
I am excited about them now, but think about November! That is when it will really get good.
:crossed:

Now I want to see this team deal with some adversity.... well, let's get to 5-0 and then I'll allow us to lose one, and then deal with the adversity.:D

fortdick

Reaction score
aikemirv;1667071 said:
My excitement is being held in check by how well NE is playing.

If we beat them in week 6 I won't be able to contain it anymore.

When Glenn comes back, this team will be able to take the Pats. The defense the past couple weeks has stepped it up.

It will be great come November!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
fortdick;1667121 said:
When Glenn comes back, this team will be able to take the Pats. The defense the past couple weeks has stepped it up.

It will be great come November!

I don't understand all this fawning over Glenn and that has-been Ellis.

The Cowboys have done quite well without them. Why would they suddeny make us a contendah?

Aren't we already in the elite tier?

Forget about the ones who aren't here. If and when they decide to play, we'll see. Beyond that, out of sight, out of mind.

burmafrd

Reaction score
With a healthy Glenn the D can no longer concentrate on Owens. It will force them to keep the SS back to help out and that will allow a better running game.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1667146 said:
I don't understand all this fawning over Glenn and that has-been Ellis.

The Cowboys have done quite well without them. Why would they suddeny make us a contendah?

Aren't we already in the elite tier?

Forget about the ones who aren't here. If and when they decide to play, we'll see. Beyond that, out of sight, out of mind.
Yeah, we're in the elite tier... in the NFC anyways. But the addition of a healthy Newman alone should elevate our defense. Throw in Glenn and that raises the threat of an already potent offense. Add Tank Johnson in Week 10 to give us another run stuffer in the middle. And if we can add someone else who can rush the passer...??

Look, we may be the favorite in the NFC this week, but we're going to go through tough times. And I'm not satisfied with being the best in the NFC... are you? I want to be the best in the NFL on Feb. 8. We're not there yet.

fortdick

Reaction score
peplaw06;1667273 said:
Yeah, we're in the elite tier... in the NFC anyways. But the addition of a healthy Newman alone should elevate our defense. Throw in Glenn and that raises the threat of an already potent offense. Add Tank Johnson in Week 10 to give us another run stuffer in the middle. And if we can add someone else who can rush the passer...??

Look, we may be the favorite in the NFC this week, but we're going to go through tough times. And I'm not satisfied with being the best in the NFC... are you? I want to be the best in the NFL on Feb. 8. We're not there yet.

We are the best in the NFC. But like you said, that is not good enough. When Glenn comes back, and NEwman is healthy, we could give the Pats and Colts a run. This offense is great now, but when the have to account for Glenn, it going to be superb!

Everyone will have to keep 5 men in coverage at all times. Witten, Ownes and Glenn are going to be too dynamic to cover with four. Hiurd and Crayton are doing well, but remember Glenn had over a 1000 yds last year.

Just think what Garret will be able to do with three big league threats out there!

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
this team isn't playing to it's potential. 3-0 is 3-0, I know you can't get better than that, but I think this team is playing down to other teams.

We haven't scored in the first qtr of a game yet, if i remember right, that will come back to haunt us eventually. We need to limit mistakes at the begining of games. Flozell Adams has to wake up, he's good for 15-20 yards of penalties a game.

I love that we're 3-0, but I'll wait to see what we look like against two teams that we should crush(rams/bills), and a team that is considered the best in the league.

One thing that I am impressed with is Jason Garretts ability to adjust. I love the way he called the game last night after he pretty much figured we couldn't run against chicago. last year we would have ran Julius up Kosiers back 20 times for 60 yards and lost by 10 or 13 points. BP has to be kicking himself. He had an explosive offense and a defense capable of attacking instead of waiting for the offense to dictate. He sure screwed the pooch there.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
But like you said, that is not good enough

Never let good enough... be good enough... thought was a great quote from Parcells regarding Romo from Last night's game.

mmetzger

Reaction score
fortdick;1667058 said:
Amen to that brother. I can't wait. I can't help but smile today. Especially because I'm surrounded by Bears fans.

fortdick

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1667332 said:
Never let good enough... be good enough... thought was a great quote from Parcells regarding Romo from Last night's game.

Whatever is said about Parcells, he rcognized Romo was the real deal. I have to admit, I didn;t believe in him when he first came in last year. He was too short, undrafted, and from a small school. Not the pedigree that you expect for a franchise QB. After his first five starts, I started to believe. Then the fade at the end of the year made me think that maybe he was just another guy that did well until exposed.

Now, I got to admit that his performance agasint the Bears was one of the best games I have seen any QB have. His ability to make something out of nothing is Staubach/Stabler/Faurve like.

Parcells put this team together. Wade Phillips may be the one to take the grocieries and make the dinner, but Big Bill has to be happy with the work he did here. Unfortunately he will never get the creidt he deserves.