It Just Feels Like There's Too Many Holes

exciter

Reaction score
I actually think Asim Richards is going to surprise people. He played extremely well as a LT in preseason against two starting edge rushers and was really good. He might be your swing. I still have no clue why they started Chuma over him.

C will be huge. Looks like JPJ is doing well in shrine but the arms still concern me. Also, I scream out loud when people keep saying ‘Maybe Hoffman can do it’. People aren’t watching the tape. Hoffman ain’t it. I watched every snap of his this season and he was single-handedly responsible for causing a play to get blown up like 1/3 of his snaps. Dude gets blown backwards by JAG DTs
Hmmm… could it be because they’re actual professional NFL coaches who watch the players practice everyday and understand that Chuma was a far better player at this stage?
But hey, preseason!!!

Gambit

Reaction score
Hmmm… could it be because they’re actual professional NFL coaches who watch the players practice everyday and understand that Chuma was a far better player at this stage?
But hey, preseason!!!
Edgoa, is that you?

In Richards limited reps in regular season he looked decent, just needs playing time and some off-season peanut butter.

Notice how they trusted Chuma so much they played Bass at left Guard when Tyler Smith was out?

Chuma is not the answer. Richards shows some upside who needs to develop.

McMicah

Reaction score
But hey, preseason!!!
They’re also just people. Flawed imperfect people who will (just like the company you probably work at) favor the experienced person over the new guy because that’s what risk averse people do. The NFL isn’t any more filled maverick leaders than your local McDonalds.

Most coaches will play Chuma because if he fails they can say they played the most experienced guy they had and not get fired or a bad reputation. But if you bang on the table and demand that they play Asim and he fails, then you get labeled as Both a malcontent and a poor coach. It’s why executives only care about the next quarters earnings instead of playing the long game or why politicians go for short term policies that help them get reelected. It’s textbook human self preservation psychology

The truth is, it takes courage to make these moves, and most people with families to feed are complete cowards, no matter the industry.

exciter

Reaction score
Edgoa, is that you?

In Richards limited reps in regular season he looked decent, just needs playing time and some off-season peanut butter.

Notice how they trusted Chuma so much they played Bass at left Guard when Tyler Smith was out?

Chuma is not the answer. Richards shows some upside who needs to develop.
Limited snaps!!!

exciter

Reaction score
They’re also just people. Flawed imperfect people who will (just like the company you probably work at) favor the experienced person over the new guy because that’s what risk averse people do. The NFL isn’t any more filled maverick leaders than your local McDonalds.

Most coaches will play Chuma because if he fails they can say they played the most experienced guy they had and not get fired or a bad reputation. But if you bang on the table and demand that they play Asim and he fails, then you get labeled as Both a malcontent and a poor coach. It’s why executives only care about the next quarters earnings instead of playing the long game or why politicians go for short term policies that help them get reelected. It’s textbook human self preservation psychology

The truth is, it takes courage to make these moves, and most people with families to feed are complete cowards, no matter the industry.
No, it takes skills and knowledge to make these decisions. Skills and knowledge someone sitting on their couch isn’t anywhere qualified to make!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Man I wish one player from this past draft class had been a ray of sunshine. Honestly the more I think about this team the worse it feels.

I see 11 positions that are either holes or degrading. I see 10 positions with little expected change, and I see only 5 positions where I expect improvement from 2023. Breakdown shown below.

I don’t know how we get better in 11 spots with so few picks and no $

I feel like we have the following holes or below average positions:
LT
C
LB
WR3
RB
CB2

On top of that, here are positions I feel are getting worse next year
RG - Age
RT - Steele just….
WR2 - Age
LE - Age
FS - Age

Here are the positions I don’t expect to change
P
K
QB
LG
WR1
TE1
SS
CB3 (Bland)
3T
RE

Here are the positions I think will have growth next year. Short list….
FB
1T
TE2
CB1 (injury return)
LB2 (injury return)
You can say that every year. Teams cannot fill very need that they have, there is always going to be a weakness within a roster, especially in the salary cap era. Hope is the Cowboys find immediate impact players, at least in the top two days of the draft, no matter the position.

Sully

Reaction score
Man I wish one player from this past draft class had been a ray of sunshine. Honestly the more I think about this team the worse it feels.

I see 11 positions that are either holes or degrading. I see 10 positions with little expected change, and I see only 5 positions where I expect improvement from 2023. Breakdown shown below.

I don’t know how we get better in 11 spots with so few picks and no $

I feel like we have the following holes or below average positions:
LT
C
LB
WR3
RB
CB2

On top of that, here are positions I feel are getting worse next year
RG - Age
RT - Steele just….
WR2 - Age
LE - Age
FS - Age

Here are the positions I don’t expect to change
P
K
QB
LG
WR1
TE1
SS
CB3 (Bland)
3T
RE

Here are the positions I think will have growth next year. Short list….
FB
1T
TE2
CB1 (injury return)
LB2 (injury return)
When I said this, the board ***** attacked me. I added this team was not a Superbowl caliber team and I concluded that the Packers were better than Dallas and would not shocked me if the Packers won easily. That threw the FOOLS GOLD buying fans over the top.

Now that emotional level fans are wiping away their star stuck eyes, some are actually seeing with rational eyes. For the past 20 years, this franchise continues to collapse AFTER Thanksgiving. WHY? His franchise is NOT built "tough" but for finesse. Wants to load up the stats sheets but continues to struggle with the nitty-gritty part of football-----STOPPING THE RUN. Sure, this team will show for a game or two, they can do it, they should, they are professional football players. ALL teams can show it for a game or two but the SB caliber teams do it often and frequent. Then throw in the past decade and combination of can't run the ball on offense OR ( in Romo's ERA) the defense was subpar putting more pressure on the offense to put up points to cover up the lack of defense. And finally, the continued lack of discipline ( aka: shooting themselves in the foot) with penalties.

So season 2024, will be a lame duck season and a year from now will be the "who's the NEXT Dallas Cowboys HC". The media will throw out endless list and Jerry will ONCE AGAIN, sell "hope/ commitment / determination " to the starving Dallas faithful when will then been adding another year to the 28 year drought.

But the NFL marketing team imposing as a NFL team, will again sell more pyrite after this team misses the playoffs. The media will again scratch their heads saying "how? With all this talent" and our Dallas fan will again be screaming at the person shopping @ Walmart looking for bargains.

To be continued.....January 2026
PS: Just look at the Cowboys as entertainment and nothing more. Like watching a movie. Then you can't be so invested and remove your feelings from the equations.

Cebrin

Reaction score
It depends on how "all in" we are.

If we redo Dak's contract, restructure the players we can, and put Lamb on a long-term contract we can be pretty active in free agency. And there aren't too many premium expensive positions to fill.
Cut Gallup post June 1st. $$