CFZ It takes an entire season to judge a season

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Well said Crown. We should all remember to enjoy the ride. As a guy who has seen nearly six decades of Cowboys football, take nothing for granted but enjoy it all.
Just keep in mind some of us can't enjoy the ride if we know the people in charge of the ride are not doing every thing they can to make sure the ride is properly maintained and repaired.

If I want it more than they do, and I can perceive through their actions/inactions that this is the case, then I can't enjoy it as much as I should be able to, because I already know how the story will end.

rambo2

Reaction score
As of today, December 8th, we have now played about 70% of the 2023 NFL regular season. I’m amazed at how many fans and media types are already assessing the 2023 season as if it is mostly determined. When in actuality, no team will be seeded for the playoffs until the last regular season game is played. There is a ton of football left to be played before we know how this all shakes out.

In other words, it takes an entire season to judge a season. No team, player or coach is ever crowned 70% into the season.

The Cowboys have 5 games left, and the results in those 5 games will determine whether the Cowboys will be a #1, #2 or a #5 seed. As I’ve noticed so far this year, in over 12 weeks of the NFL schedule there are upsets almost weekly. None of us know how this is going to turn out.

Ultimately the Cowboys 2023 season will be judged by how well the team does in the playoffs. And the playoffs officially start Jan. 13-14. So enjoy the ride my friends. I don’t know how this will all turn out but I will guarantee this- I will be tuned in.

This 2023 Cowboys team is capable of making some noise in the playoffs. Just gotta go do it.
It will depend on who gets lucky health wise down the stretch. Looks like the contenders are Cowboys, 49ers, Eagles, Dolphins, and Ravens.

rambo2

Reaction score
Just keep in mind some of us can't enjoy the ride if we know the people in charge of the ride are not doing every thing they can to make sure the ride is properly maintained and repaired.

If I want it more than they do, and I can perceive through their actions/inactions that this is the case, then I can't enjoy it as much as I should be able to, because I already know how the story will end.
The people in charge built one of the best teams in the league and one of the best teams in the history of the team. If you can't enjoy it that's too bad.

plasticman

Reaction score
If you asked Giants fans how their team was doping after 12 games in 2011, you would have gotten an irate response about being 6-6, on a four game losing streak, and two games behind the Cowboys in the division.

Well, they won the Super Bowl that season.

In 2020 the Bucs were 7-5 after 12 games while the Saints had a three game lead in their division at 10-2. The Bucs were able to squeeze into the playoffs by winning their last four games but they were a wildcard team.

Still, the Bucs won the Super Bowl.

This season is a long way from over and there are going to be twists and turns everywhere.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The people in charge built one of the best teams in the league and one of the best teams in the history of the team. If you can't enjoy it that's too bad.
We don’t yet know whether or not the 2023 team is one of the best in the history of the team. How can you judge a team before the season is even over?

I’m hoping this year’s team joins some of the many great teams in Cowboys history. But come on man we can’t really say that yet.

rambo2

Reaction score
We don’t yet know whether or not the 2023 team is one of the best in the history of the team. How can you judge a team before the season is even over?

I’m hoping this year’s team joins some of the many great teams in Cowboys history. But come on man we can’t really say that yet.
The roster. The outstanding depth. The talent. The coaching.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Well said Crown. We should all remember to enjoy the ride. As a guy who has seen nearly six decades of Cowboys football, take nothing for granted but enjoy it all.
Enjoy it. It's all entertainment after all. This team certainly does that well enough.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The roster. The outstanding depth. The talent. The coaching.
Right. But this team hasn’t officially accomplished anything yet. They certainly can but all I’m saying is they haven’t earned it yet.

rambo2

Reaction score
Right. But this team hasn’t officially accomplished anything yet. They certainly can but all I’m saying is they haven’t earned it yet.
The next few weeks will be huge. I have a good feeling that the Eagles will lose the next 2 games.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not true, they have added onto the previous two seasons and improved along the way. You play the schedule given. They have and have valid momentum. Name any other team who could have played the same group of teams and achieved the stats put into the Dallas bank? Step up and don't cherry pick convenient favorites.

rambo2

Reaction score
We're going to be in the same position we're used to by now. Having to win road playoff games. Win two and it's a different year. Don't win 2 and it's the same old crap.
I wouldn't give up on the division yet.

GMO415

Reaction score
As of today, December 8th, we have now played about 70% of the 2023 NFL regular season. I’m amazed at how many fans and media types are already assessing the 2023 season as if it is mostly determined. When in actuality, no team will be seeded for the playoffs until the last regular season game is played. There is a ton of football left to be played before we know how this all shakes out.

In other words, it takes an entire season to judge a season. No team, player or coach is ever crowned 70% into the season.

The Cowboys have 5 games left, and the results in those 5 games will determine whether the Cowboys will be a #1, #2 or a #5 seed. As I’ve noticed so far this year, in over 12 weeks of the NFL schedule there are upsets almost weekly. None of us know how this is going to turn out.

Ultimately the Cowboys 2023 season will be judged by how well the team does in the playoffs. And the playoffs officially start Jan. 13-14. So enjoy the ride my friends. I don’t know how this will all turn out but I will guarantee this- I will be tuned in.

This 2023 Cowboys team is capable of making some noise in the playoffs. Just gotta go do it.
Bullet, after 27 year SB drought it will come down to the NFC Championship game. Anything less is a failure.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bullet, after 27 year SB drought it will come down to the NFC Championship game. Anything less is a failure.
That is your value. The truth will play out despite this negative crying instead.

We shall see shortly the facts on how tough this team...and I assure YOU it doesn't depend upon an abstract number of 28 or even 60. Want to bet?