IT Tech's in the Mortgage biz?

Reaction score
I'm looking to network with a few people... new to some of this software... Anyone in this line of work?

Reaction score
haha I guess that is a no?? Anyway, I'll enjoy talking to some of you... I know there are a few peeps here in the IT biz... myself? I'm prior Navy Comms guy... bout a year into school, basic networking knowledge...a little PC exp... started working for a Mortgage Co in Dallas two months ago... Single IT tech at the company with a remote network provider... I might run into a few probs, but I usually have some other channels to get answers...

As far as a question that was locked in another thread about a cat jumping on a PC? I think you might have over looked the easy things like connectivity issues with the Drive?? Since the machine was knocked over I'd think it was hardware vs. software...

haha now, don't take that as a chance to start that mess up, again, and get my thread locked!!

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
StonetheCrow77 said:
haha now, don't take that as a chance to start that mess up, again, and get my thread locked!!

Why not? We live to get threads locked. :p: Seriously..I do alot of EGOV support for the state here in Alaska. Mainly Land sales and Oil and Gas leases all over the state. I dont know much about Mort Co software. I bet they have their own software they use that is propriatary to just them. Most do. If myself or any others can ever lend a hand.

Always drop a line here...

Good luck...

BTW. How is the IT industry in Dallas? Im still wanting to move home. Ive got 12 years exp w/ Unix/Networking/MS Server Admin/Active Directory exp among Cisco support. I just hear things arent to "super" around DFW for IT.

Take care.
D

Reaction score
Depends on what sector you want to look in and the salary level you want... the upper level positions aren't there... but, a lot of mid level jobs in the finacial district are thriving... we shall see if it stays that way if the Home market takes a big hit like they are predicting...

Austin is a much better market for IT right now, IMO...

As for the software, yea, we use software that is targeted toward mortgage biz... Datatrac, Point, Loansizer, ACT...

but, some of the stuff I'm having fun with is networking... trying to get Microsoft Terminal services connectivity up to 95% or so... having a lot of DNS probs, right now... but, the company won't buy a new router, so it's fun trying to play with it... can't ping the server per addy, but can by IP on some seats...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Hehe I support E&P in the oil side we use things like Arcview (ESRI); PI Dwights; and Chain of Title and throw in some well data software we integrate with to run a lot of are lease information

Yes Austin IT is booming in fact Home Depot built a huge facility and have over 500 jobs and like 300 openings still

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
What kind of software are you trying to learn?

- Mike G.

Calyx Point!! it's a pain in my arse... wish they'd pay to send me to their admin class...