It was refreshing to not see double digit penalties

Kingofholland

Reaction score
For whatever reason there wasn’t a lot of penalties this week. I think there was 5 for 45 yards and we didn’t kill drives. Hopefully this continues and is not a fluke.

There were no drive killing penalities for the offense, but the defense had atleast 2 penalties where they were about to get off the field that translated to first downs and 6 points for the Bengals. Had penalities not been an issue this game may not have come down to the final seconds.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
There were no drive killing penalities for the offense, but the defense had atleast 2 penalties where they were about to get off the field that translated to first downs and 6 points for the Bengals. Had penalities not been an issue this game may not have come down to the final seconds.
Even so, the point is there wasn’t a lot of drive killing penalties, especially on the OL where they always seem to be. You’re going to have a couple PI, it’s a pass happy league and we are aggressive with the DBs.

Swagger

Reaction score
Even so, the point is there wasn’t a lot of drive killing penalties, especially on the OL where they always seem to be. You’re going to have a couple PI, it’s a pass happy league and we are aggressive with the DBs.
Weird isn't it...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, but we had some real dumb ones including 2 late hit penalties in the first half and a false start at the end during a cincy punt that almost lost us the game. I still don't know how we won this game but I'll take it.

I don't know what's changed in CIncy but Burrow looks like he's still recovering from the off season praise-a-thon.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
True, but we had some real dumb ones including 2 late hit penalties in the first half and a false start at the end during a cincy punt that almost lost us the game. I still don't know how we won this game but I'll take it.

I don't know what's changed in CIncy but Burrow looks like he's still recovering from the off season praise-a-thon.
We weren’t perfect by any means. I’m just glad to see a game where the OL wasn’t helping the opposing D with a slew of dumb penalties.

GINeric

Reaction score
For whatever reason there wasn’t a lot of penalties this week. I think there was 5 for 45 yards and we didn’t kill drives. Hopefully this continues and is not a fluke.

Sometimes its not the amount of penalties, its at the TIMES we were penalized...... we should have blown the Bengals out, but EVERYTIME we had to make a stop or made a great defensive play, we made a bad penalty. Drove me CRAZY!!!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
1 false start is usually a drive killer on offense for us.

But something was different yesterday.

GINeric

Reaction score
1 false start is usually a drive killer on offense for us.

But something was different yesterday.

Yeah... we had more of a run game yesterday that kept the defense off balance. Before yesterday, Moore just abandon the run game for a thousand passes which is stupid especially when your RBs are getting 5, 6 yards a pop like last week. But the run game was abandoned after just a handful of caries.

Ken

Reaction score
We don't win this game if we get our customary 10....

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This was the key. If we had the same amount of penalties as last week especially on the o line. We dont win the game

tunahelper

Reaction score

The DLaw off sides on the punt was king stupidity worthy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, we do play at the NY Mara Refs next week. Let's see what happens then.

JustChip

Reaction score

The vast majority if posters on here preseason had the Cowboys losing both of these games. I said they would go 1-1, beating Cincy. The Bengals got on a run last year and overcame their very poor Oline. Their Oline is no better and it’s unlikely things just fall right again this year. They’re like the Panthers a few year’s ago.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I wonder how much McCarthy had to do with that, as well as bringing Moore's gameplan back to what made him unique in the first place.

Loved the motions and stuff we were doing out there.

Also, this was the same referee crew we had at our practices.

Yeah, I guess the Dark Powers manipulating the league forgot Dallas was playing this week.

Amirite guyz?!?!

It didn't hurt that we had in-house refs calling the game.

Last edited: