It will always be about guaranteed money

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
All a performance based bonus would do is pay for him to rack up stats from the Giants, washskins, Panthers, and garbage teams like that.
True, which is why you would need to word it to include playoff wins, nfccg appearances, super bowls, etc.. Purdy didn't get his bonus by his ability to beat up on cream puffs, and neither should Dak.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
True, which is why you would need to word it to include playoff wins, nfccg appearances, super bowls, etc.. Purdy didn't get his bonus by his ability to beat up on cream puffs, and neither should Dak.
purdy doesn't have an owner that sees greatness in poor play, and is willing to continue to pay in HOPES that things will change instead of seeing the big picture

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
purdy doesn't have an owner that sees greatness in poor play, and is willing to continue to pay in HOPES that things will change instead of seeing the big picture
Nothing has hurt this team more than bad contracts handed out to players who should have been cut.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Nothing has hurt this team more than bad contracts handed out to players who should have been cut.
I don't think Dak should have been cut back in 2020, but I do believe he should have been put into a 'prove it' status that year. After he is unable to 'prove it', then you let him walk or cut him.

Unfortunately, the injury took that option away, and another tag may have been unavailable. And then Jerry made things worse with the stupid contract he handed out.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I don't think Dak should have been cut back in 2020, but I do believe he should have been put into a 'prove it' status that year. After he is unable to 'prove it', then you let him walk or cut him.

Unfortunately, the injury took that option away, and another tag may have been unavailable. And then Jerry made things worse with the stupid contract he handed out.
He should have been traded when his draft stock was high. By then he had already proven that he wasn't elevating anyone and he certainly wasn't the difference maker you needed at the QB position. They should have done the same thing with Zeke as well. Traded to a team that was going into the playoffs and wanted to contend instead of holding on to a guy who was clearly diminishing fast.