It would appear that the defense is the issue, but

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every offense has turnovers but ours are magnified by the fact that the defense is incapable of tightening up and forcing a stop. They allow a score almost every time they're on the field whether after an offensive turnover or not. And they NEVER get turnovers to help the offense and field position. The offense is not to blame. The defense is so bad that the only way for us to win is if the offense is perfect and that is literally impossible.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know, it's funny how much better a defense can be when their offense plays 60 minutes, too.
Part of the defense is keeping the opposing team's offense on the bench.
The defense is struggling- that is for sure.
But the offense can help.
You think our defense played 60 minutes?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dak and the offense disappeared for two quarters today.
The Cowboys offense disappeared after a turnover by Dak and then another by Zeke- and stayed gone for the second and third quarter.
Now, you can blame the defense- and I'm sure Mike Nolan is getting walking papers ready for a few "hotboyz" holdovers that don't fit his scheme, but we repeatedly see Dak fold when the pressure is on.
He didn't even seem to try until they got a couple of breaks against the prevent defense.
As usual, he pads his stats against prevent defense, but if the Browns had not been kind enough to drop a few of Dak's passes, this game might have gotten even further out of hand.
Why do the Cowboys continue to struggle now that Garrett is gone? Because his philosophy is too engrained in too many holdovers from the last ten years.
Nolan will get the defense under control. By mid season or sooner the kinks worked out. Next off season there will likely be a mass exodus of players that don't fit Nolan's scheme.
But the Garrett 2.0 quarterback is still shutting down under pressure. And he's actually pretty good if he would just hang in there through the struggles. But he doesn't.
You saw it yourself again today.

Sick of all of these blame it on Dak postings. We all know some people here hate Dak. We all get it.

But seriously, I don't think he's the problem. The main problem right now is our defense. How the hell do we blame the QB while the defense gave up over 300 yards in rushing?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Every offense has turnovers but ours are magnified by the fact that the defense is incapable of tightening up and forcing a stop. They allow a score almost every time they're on the field whether after an offensive turnover or not. And they NEVER get turnovers to help the offense and field position. The offense is not to blame. The defense is so bad that the only way for us to win is if the offense is perfect and that is literally impossible.

so the only way to not turn the ball over is to be “perfect on offense?”

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
The Cowboys offense disappeared after a turnover by Dak and then another by Zeke- and stayed gone for the second and third quarter.
Now, you can blame the defense- and I'm sure Mike Nolan is getting walking papers ready for a few "hotboyz" holdovers that don't fit his scheme, but we repeatedly see Dak fold when the pressure is on.
He didn't even seem to try until they got a couple of breaks against the prevent defense.
As usual, he pads his stats against prevent defense, but if the Browns had not been kind enough to drop a few of Dak's passes, this game might have gotten even further out of hand.
Why do the Cowboys continue to struggle now that Garrett is gone? Because his philosophy is too engrained in too many holdovers from the last ten years.
Nolan will get the defense under control. By mid season or sooner the kinks worked out. Next off season there will likely be a mass exodus of players that don't fit Nolan's scheme.
But the Garrett 2.0 quarterback is still shutting down under pressure. And he's actually pretty good if he would just hang in there through the struggles. But he doesn't.

Ladies and gentlemen, I want to introduce you to Mr. LeeBlair, the best gaslighter on the interwebs.

This post is a perfect example of how to gaslight PERFECTLY and for those interested in learning this skill, you need to study this post intently and with critical appreciation.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Sick of all of these blame it on Dak postings. We all know some people here hate Dak. We all get it.

But seriously, I don't think he's the problem. The main problem right now is our defense. How the hell do we blame the QB while the defense gave up over 300 yards in rushing?

Easy, you QB was responsible for fumbling and giving the opponent a short field. Then he and those awesome offense you keep slobbering about decided to take a nice nap for two quarters of the game,

RS12

Reaction score
As usual there is plenty of blame to go around. Your premise is flawed though. I would estimate that if a team gives up 307 rushing yards their percentage chance of winning the game is on the low single digits.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The problem is that when the defense is this bad an you seemingly have to score on every drive, than team's end up forcing the ball because they know if they do not put up 40 points every game. a thing that is VERY hard to do in the NFL, then they are going to lose.
Catch 22 I know

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As usual there is plenty of blame to go around. Your premise is flawed though. I would estimate that if a team gives up 307 rushing yards their percentage chance of winning the game is on the low single digits.

Exactly, and when you're giving up 38+ points in 3 straight games, you can guess where the main problems are.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
You clearly don't know how teams play prevent after getting a huge lead with still two and a half quarters to play.
You should learn a few things about football.

It's possible that Mayfield said this to take some of the blame off for almost blowing a big lead in the 4th quarter. They may have slowed down offensively. But there's no excuses for the Browns defense giving up so many points in the 2nd half.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Btw, the elite QB of yours has fumbled in 3 of the 4 games played but you are right he is blameless in all this.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The offense has to be mistake free for a chance to win because the defense blows that bad although we should win the next 2 weeks.

i think

I agree. Essentially, any drive we don't score on is that many points that we'll be behind the next time we come back onto the field with this defence.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Thank you for this.
In a way, it’s almost more aggravating that defense. At least the defense can try the excuse that they don’t have the players.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

The Cowboys Offense still has to constantly drive the ball 70+ yards because of the defense not being able to get turnovers or a stop.

superonyx

Reaction score
Wow. You just said......nothing.
I actually said what everyone in this thread is saying. That your football knowledge is lacking.
I guess you came here thinking you would get a bunch of people to agree with you and instead you are getting hung out to dry.
Sorry Charlie. Not tonight.

Brooksey

Reaction score
The real score of this game was 41-14. I don’t really care that the D started getting stops and the O started scoring in the 4th. That was garbage time. So when you get beat at home 41-14, both sides of the ball are to blame. I don’t get this viewpoint that it has to be one or the other. It can be (and it is) both sides of the ball.

When you bring it to 41-38 with 3 minutes to go..that's not true