Twitter: It would be nice to have a coach that just speaks during a game

Zordon

Reaction score
You know giving his players real encouragement or actually coaching them up. Is that too much to ask? For the life of me, I don't understand why this franchise has stood idly while the quality of coaching has nose-dived. The bar has been so lowered that all I want is a coach that speaks during a game!!!

Zordon

Reaction score
Even if Garrett is terrible at X's an O's, even if he's the worst strategizer in NFL history, why doesn't he at the very least gather his team around and get them re-focused during this early game dry spells? Once again, are we asking for too much?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Tom Landry didn't do the rah rah stuff and he won a lot of football games. Landry was an innovator who adapted to the talent he had and put them in positions to succeed.

I don't care how much JG speaks. I care that he's not an innovator who adapts. He's a one trick pony who thinks you just need to fight harder than the other guy.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You know giving his players real encouragement or actually coaching them up. Is that too much to ask? For the life of me, I don't understand why this franchise has stood idly while the quality of coaching has nose-dived. The bar has been so lowered that all I want is a coach that speaks!!!

"What's the matter with these guys? They're not pushing players and smiling when the other teams scores? They're not clapping? I'm surprised these coaches have even won one game this year!" Jerry Jones, November 2019

Zordon

Reaction score
Tom Landry didn't do the rah rah stuff and he won a lot of football games. Landry was an innovator who adapted to the talent he had and put them in positions to succeed.

I don't care how much JG speaks. I care that he's not an innovator who adapts. He's a one trick pony who thinks you just need to fight harder than the other guy.
Your profile pic makes me physically ill.

I get your point about Landry but I'm sure at the very least he coached his players up during a game. I've never seen a coach as stoic as Garrett in all of my years watching football.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I've noticed this for years. I think he's rather awkward with a lot of his players. Guys like Kitna and Richard are way more personable and animated, or appear so, and you can see it on the sideline.

There isn't a Head Coach in NFL history that can spit, curse, and clap like Garrett though.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I don't uderstand why it doesn't get more media coverage. Garrett is shown dozens of times per game doing literally nothing. It's one of the strangest and most frustrating things I've ever seen.

I believe most people are hoodwinked by Garrett. There is a myth (In my opinion) that he is actually smart to begin with despite his degree from Princeton. I don't see it.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Harbaugh builds up his QB to give him the best chance to succeed. While Garrett is busy holding the QBs that he had back while wasting away some of the most talented rosters that the Cowboys have had in 20 seasons. Coaching makes so much of a difference and Jerry refuses to acknowledge that Garrett isn't the answer.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett is a great motivator.

Here's proof:

tenor.gif