It's 2015, Jason Garrett, shut up and win.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Special Edition: A Look Back At 2014 | Dallas Cowboys

Dallas has turned into a spin zone and I do think that Jason has a lot to do with the new control of the media sound bites and team propaganda. If you look at the review of the 2014 season there is one fake handoff to DeMarco and one DeMarco TD but no mention at all of DeMarco Murray. Single handedly DeMarco changed the team last year. Yes, the plays needed to be called but no one on the Cowboys has had that amount of yards or 100 yard games and no one aside from Romo had more yards from scrimmage last year but somehow there is this posturing that DeMarco was not all that important and replaceable. If they wanted to keep him they would have. Jason did not want him. This offseason, there is just too much de-emphasis of the most important cog in the 2014 offense, who was on the 8-8 teams but never used like last year (Parcells said that running the ball is not about yards per carry but runs per game. You have to commit to running in order to reap the benefits). Jerry said at the beginning of last year 2014 that they were going to run the ball more to protect Romo. Suddenly the team is 12-4 but the coach will not admit that the running game that has been there all along was the reason for success. The fact is, Jason wants his system, as predictable and stupid as it is, to no be questioned. He says he emulates Mike Krzyzewski but Mike will regularly draw up a game specific play to win a game or when the team is just not clicking he changes the strategy. Jason does none of that. He just calls the same play and tells the team to play better. (By the way on the Packer/Dez playoff play when Dunbar and Beasley went into the slot, was Dom Capers concerned and pulled his team back into coverage? Nope, he immediately blitzed. Not scared of the same play he had seen all day and knew what Jason would do). Is Jason relentless? Yes. Will keep pushing a failing coaching approach but will launch into lectures about how his plan is still working toward the goal. What is the goal?

The worst part of the video but the most telling of how bad a situation is with Jason Garrett is he says that of all the championship Dallas teams who are featured in the building that he has been on, the current team is nothing like them. So the current team is nothing like the teams that win Super Bowls. The current team tries hard and responds well, blah blah blah, but who cares about how positive and tenacious the team is, if they are not winning, what is the use of all this behavioral and character conditioning? Jason has just taught them how to be optimistic when they lose but has no idea how to force them to win.

I am a fan of the talent and excitement of the Dallas Cowboys players as they play each game. I'm watching each game in the hope that they win. I'm not watching any of the games to see the development of the coach or that the culture of the team has improved. If the majority of Jason's efforts have been in mantras, culture, and positive thinking and influence but has done nothing to improve his own system, the game/deceptive strategies, the use of the obvious talent, and relentless drive to push his team to score on each series, then maybe he needs to put less effort into talking about the mentality and culture of winning.

Maybe he needs to do more with coaching to win and less with speaking about teaching the mentality and culture of winning.

Maybe it's just time for Jason to:

Shut up and win.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Special Edition: A Look Back At 2014 | Dallas Cowboys

Dallas has turned into a spin zone and I do think that Jason has a lot to do with the new control of the media sound bites and team propaganda. If you look at the review of the 2014 season there is one fake handoff to DeMarco and one DeMarco TD but no mention at all of DeMarco Murray. Single handedly DeMarco changed the team last year. Yes, the plays needed to be called but no one on the Cowboys has had that amount of yards or 100 yard games and no one aside from Romo had more yards from scrimmage last year but somehow there is this posturing that DeMarco was not all that important and replaceable. If they wanted to keep him they would have. Jason did not want him. This offseason, there is just too much de-emphasis of the most important cog in the 2014 offense, who was on the 8-8 teams but never used like last year (Parcells said that running the ball is not about yards per carry but runs per game. You have to commit to running in order to reap the benefits). Jerry said at the beginning of last year 2014 that they were going to run the ball more to protect Romo. Suddenly the team is 12-4 but the coach will not admit that the running game that has been there all along was the reason for success. The fact is, Jason wants his system, as predictable and stupid as it is, to no be questioned. He says he emulates Mike Krzyzewski but Mike will regularly draw up a game specific play to win a game or when the team is just not clicking he changes the strategy. Jason does none of that. He just calls the same play and tells the team to play better. (By the way on the Packer/Dez playoff play when Dunbar and Beasley went into the slot, was Dom Capers concerned and pulled his team back into coverage? Nope, he immediately blitzed. Not scared of the same play he had seen all day and knew what Jason would do). Is Jason relentless? Yes. Will keep pushing a failing coaching approach but will launch into lectures about how his plan is still working toward the goal. What is the goal?

The worst part of the video but the most telling of how bad a situation is with Jason Garrett is he says that of all the championship Dallas teams who are featured in the building that he has been on, the current team is nothing like them. So the current team is nothing like the teams that win Super Bowls. The current team tries hard and responds well, blah blah blah, but who cares about how positive and tenacious the team is, if they are not winning, what is the use of all this behavioral and character conditioning? Jason has just taught them how to be optimistic when they lose but has no idea how to force them to win.

I am a fan of the talent and excitement of the Dallas Cowboys players as they play each game. I'm watching each game in the hope that they win. I'm not watching any of the games to see the development of the coach or that the culture of the team has improved. If the majority of Jason's efforts have been in mantras, culture, and positive thinking and influence but has done nothing to improve his own system, the game/deceptive strategies, the use of the obvious talent, and relentless drive to push his team to score on each series, then maybe he needs to put less effort into talking about the mentality and culture of winning.

Maybe he needs to do more with coaching to win and less with speaking about teaching the mentality and culture of winning.

Maybe it's just time for Jason to:

Shut up and win.

When did Jason become GM? He stated numerous times he wanted Murray back but he does not negotiate the contracts. No one was offering him Philly Money at the end just Philly. Jax had tons of space no offer close to Philly. Put the axe down you are getting too close to the handle.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"Single-handedly DeMarco changed the team last year"

He had a lot of help, offensive line and otherwise.

Proximo

Reaction score
I cringed hard...and that was only after getting through a fraction of the OP's wall of text. No way I could make it through the whole thing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Coach needs to shut up? lol working with the team and dealing with the press are obligations he has. Post like these make me think maybe some fans need to shut up

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Post like these make me think maybe some fans need to shut up

th

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A hate on Jason thread, or a hate on the RB's thread....which is it....

So if the OP wants to see the players play and not the coaches coach, well it starts with the development of the HC. So I guess people didn't care that Tom Landry was on the sidelines that developed his 1st 6 or so years, then went onto 20 straight winning seasons, making the playoffs in 18 of those. 5 SB appearances and 2 SB wins.

And oh, wasn't Jason 12-4 last year with his team and one play away from the NFCC game. I guess that is not winning.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I was pretty hard on Garrett but after last year, I think we should give him a break. See what happens this year.