It's a guaranteed lock the Cowboys pick one of these three players

baltcowboy

Reaction score
1. Zion Johnson - the most likely pick to fill in right away at left guard
2. Trevor Penning - Freakin nasty dude right here, love the attitude
3. Tyler Linderbaum - He's better than Biadasz but the Cowboys have bigger holes to fill than at center.
Getting one of these guys is an instant upgrade and will go a long way to improving a depleted o-line. You heard it here first Coach D.
Come on coach, you know the Cowboys are a traits team over tape.

CoachD

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s what I’m doing.

At no point in this conversation.

But when you’re not smart enough to argue the point, reach for that Strawman argument and something nobody ever said.

Grow up.
I've figured it out you're the Brian Stelter of the CZ, a lot of hot air but no substance.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
OK, I'll play.
Cowboys pick Linderbaum, then what, bench Biabasz?
What I watched was a young Center improving each year and the word around the Star is Biabasz is putting on muscle.
Who's the LG? Gonna draft a LG in the second instead of a WR? If not, then they're looking at 3rd round that's going to be better than Connor Williams???
Sometimes a 1st round pick is for the 5th yr option. I remember Frederick being called a wasted pick from NFL geniuses.
The first round didn't play out as we fans nor Dallas expected.
There's a lot of draft left and we need to see it play out.
Good call back on Frederick. I remember them saying that year they didn't want to trade out of the 1st because they valued the option.

Where have you seen something about Biadasz putting on muscle?

JHolz2020

Reaction score
OK, I'll play.
Cowboys pick Linderbaum, then what, bench Biabasz?
What I watched was a young Center improving each year and the word around the Star is Biabasz is putting on muscle.
Who's the LG? Gonna draft a LG in the second instead of a WR? If not, then they're looking at 3rd round that's going to be better than Connor Williams???
Sometimes a 1st round pick is for the 5th yr option. I remember Frederick being called a wasted pick from NFL geniuses.
The first round didn't play out as we fans nor Dallas expected.
There's a lot of draft left and we need to see it play out.

Very true! What people are saying today about the Smith pick reminds me exactly of what they were saying when Frederick got picked. You know the 3rd round grade BS! We know the Cowboys received at least 3 calls for their pick and Tennessee even admitted they were trying to come up to the Cowboys spot to pick Smith.

And to top it off Smith hasn't played a down in the NFL and he is already a holding machine! lol

Txzic

Reaction score
Just the word around town, Biadasz is working on core strength.
Is it true? Don't know for sure, but it's a good idea.

Txzic

Reaction score
Very true! What people are saying today about the Smith pick reminds me exactly of what they were saying when Frederick got picked. You know the 3rd round grade BS! We know the Cowboys received at least 3 calls for their pick and Tennessee even admitted they were trying to come up to the Cowboys spot to pick Smith.

And to top it off Smith hasn't played a down in the NFL and he is already a holding machine! lol
Don't know how to "like" a comment- I'm a rookie. Agree
I may have heard it wrong, but N.E. wanted Smith. Bill Belichick is an idiot too. lol.
btw, who is pick #29 Cole Strange?

Last edited:

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I may have heard it wrong, but N.E. wanted Smith. Bill Belichick is an idiot too. lol.
didn't NE trade down from 21? if Bill wanted Smith, why didn't he just stay put and take him.

JHolz2020

Reaction score

I did hear that too about New England. There sure was a lot of movement right before and right after the Cowboys taking Smith so you have to think teams were trying to move up to get him.

As far as Cole Strange goes I have no idea. But watch Belichick will probably plug him in at guard and he will have instant success!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go ahead Stelter tell all of us how you had the Cowboys taking Smith at 24, go ahead....

I’m not the guy that made a fool of themselves creating a “lock” thread.

That would be you.

Man up and show some personal accountability rather than looking like a child throwing a tantrum for being wrong.

Surprise everyone.

CoachD

Reaction score
I’m not the guy that made a fool of themselves creating a “lock” thread.

That would be you.

Man up and show some personal accountability rather than looking like a child throwing a tantrum for being wrong.

Surprise everyone.
Yup that's what I thought and I knew that was coming, yet another guy with no balls to take a risk. You hide behind your computer and stink of fear. How does that feel to be a coward? Just asking.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup that's what I thought and I knew that was coming, yet another guy with no balls to take a risk. You hide behind your computer and stink of fear. How does that feel to be a coward? Just asking.

Well now we all know what the ‘D’ stands for.

:laugh:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did hear that too about New England. There sure was a lot of movement right before and right after the Cowboys taking Smith so you have to think teams were trying to move up to get him.

As far as Cole Strange goes I have no idea. But watch Belichick will probably plug him in at guard and he will have instant success!

Folks thought Bill was crazy drafting Logan Mankins out of Fresno too. But with his track record of success, its hard to question his decisions.

The Patriots have a system and they are very good at finding people to plug into that system. So, when they look at the draft, they are looking at a lot more than pro day stats. A kid might look better on paper, but they are also seeing if he's a fit. We aren't encumbered by a "way of doing things" or a system , so its a more simple process to evalaute players in Dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Folks thought Bill was crazy drafting Logan Mankins out of Fresno too. But with his track record of success, its hard to question his decisions.

The Patriots have a system and they are very good at finding people to plug into that system. So, when they look at the draft, they are looking at a lot more than pro day stats. A kid might look better on paper, but they are also seeing if he's a fit. We aren't encumbered by a "way of doing things" or a system , so its a more simple process to evalaute players in Dallas.

And given the track record of success, nobody questions such a move when Belicheck makes it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said Brian Stelter. Thanks for proving my point.

That you’re a petulant child lacking in accountability? Anytime.

But it doesn’t look like you need any help in that area.

Txzic

Reaction score
I'm neutral in the pissen contest.
Brian Stelter lol, now that's funny. :lmao:

Last edited: