Its all part of the plan!

garyo1954

Reaction score
Big Mac has made it clear he's not wasting his time on crybabies and wannabe millionaires who quit after they get paid. Gotta handle it like men or he's going to let you go out and clown yourself on the field until you grow up and want it as much as he does. Or until you beg to become members of another country club elsewhere.

All this everybody relying on everybody else to know what everybody is supposed to do on every play ain't going to cut it. Big Mac wants men who will learn their job and do what they are assigned.

“Well, I mean, first off, I haven’t heard any of those type of discussions,” McCarthy said on a conference call with reporters. “I think like a lot of things when you hit a part of your season, or any challenge where there is negativity out there and where it comes from and who it comes from, that’s something that I’ve never chased. I think you do have to recognize it. I just really go back to my first meeting with the football team. I’ve always stated that … it’s important to handle things as men.

“I mean, if you do have something to say publicly … I think it’s important to say it to the individual, or particularly in a group dynamic setting, especially in the game of football, especially for the Dallas Cowboys,” McCarthy said. “I mean, that’s all part of the development of our program, of the system that we’ve got going here. I think that’s just part of our flight right now. We don’t like the way we played [Monday] night. We had some areas that we struggled strong in. It’s definitely not what we’re looking for."

Winning solves everything! Losing finds the weakest link.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/20/mike-mccarthy-responds-to-harsh-criticism-from-cowboys-players/

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Fat boy is wishing he was still playing make believe coach in mommy's basement. But like everyone else around the Cowboys he is loving cashing Jerry's checks each week.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Sorry but I'm still giving Mike a chance. Despite the instant gratification forest for the trees folks, it's going to take a little time in assessing where you are to where you want to be and what adjustments will be necessary to get there. All while doing it on the fly. Maybe Moore goes, maybe the defensive philosophy changes. The folks whining are typically the ones who fall for the "this year's champions" talk they hear EVERY pre-season. Ain't'cha done learned nothin' yet? Lol.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Yeah you are right I should give Tubby a chance. I am sure Jerry is gonna hand over complete control of all roster decision after the year is over.

Bwaaahahahahahahahahaha.

Tubby is Jerrys *****.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry but I'm still giving Mike a chance. Despite the instant gratification forest for the trees folks, it's going to take a little time in assessing where you are to where you want to be and what adjustments will be necessary to get there. All while doing it on the fly. Maybe Moore goes, maybe the defensive philosophy changes. The folks whining are typically the ones who fall for the "this year's champions" talk they hear EVERY pre-season. Ain't'cha done learned nothin' yet? Lol.

I'm with you man. I kwow it's disappointing but we've had some serious bad luck, and maybe some unrealistic expectations. (I know...#Browns, right? Doesn't ALWAYS work like that).

The only thing I disagree with you is "the folks whining are typically the ones who fall of this year's champ talk".

The ones whining are the ones who whine and complain all the time, no matter what. Just in their nature.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Fat boy is wishing he was still playing make believe coach in mommy's basement. But like everyone else around the Cowboys he is loving cashing Jerry's checks each week.
yet....he won a super bowl while fit and trim went 8-8 and clapped all the time.
thats not fantasy.
thats reality.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yup. I gave Garrett 6 years, not turning on MM in 6 games.

cffl2323

Reaction score
Definitely a little early to be giving up on the coach from a fan's perspective. He's taking over after a decade of Garrett, in the worst season to takeover a team, and is now down almost the entire o-line and starting QB. Not to mention the long list of injuries on the defensive side. Assuming the general attitude of the team was as bad as it seemed under Garrett, it's going to take more than a third of a season to fix those issues. If we have the same lackluster effort and attitude, with no personnel changes at this time next year, then it may be time to get worried. I'm giving McCarthy at least another twelve months before I write him off. I do want to see some roster moves this year as a wake up call, even it's just depth chart adjustments. He needs to make examples of Jaylon and Zeke, even if only temporary to see if they get their heads right.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy didn't come here with some grandiose idea he would win a Super Bowl in his first year. Talk like that puts butts in the seats but it ain't reality.
And these are not his guys. He has no commitment, not personal involvement, and no promises to keep.
Sure, he'd rather have come in and been surprised by how professional and how well the players reacted to his new system and how well they embraced his ideas.
The lazy, lame, loco, self-righteous, entitled, bratty little crybabies who need Uncle Jerry to change their diaper and give them a bigger gold binky every contract year should man up!

These coaches, like every other new coach, want to know who the leaders are, who the players are, and who is here for the paycheck.
Who are the self starters?
Who is going to show up for the game?
Who is going to quit when the going gets tough?
Who is going to put forth the effort to learn the system?

Separate the men from the crybabies and find the core group you can build with.