It's amazing to me how you Dak haters complained when the Cowboys went 13-3

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dak is a fantastic player and we can win with him, especially if he improves his movement in the pocket.

The problem is, like with Romo, we don’t have the defense to compete. 2018 was a mirage....every other year we’ve been terrible on defense.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I need consistency for 4 quarters. I need my QB to protect the football.
I need a GM that has resolve to draft defensive player that are not pre-injured looking for a deal. I need a GM not to cut a 1st round DL, and let go their only 2 starting healthy Linebackers.

I need a OC that hast the resolve to stick with the run when he has Three 1st year players starting at RT, C,and LT (up until yesterday).

I need a defense that can hold and offense to 20 points a game.

I need a DC that understands he has a 4-3 personnel defense and stop running a 3-4 defense that he does not have personnel to run.

I need HC that understands time management and time of possession.

I need Cowboy fans to understand only 4 things happen when you throw the ball +30 times a game and 3 out of 4 is bad.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I need a GM that has resolve to draft defensive player that are not pre-injured looking for a deal. I need a GM not to cut a 1st round DL, and let go their only 2 starting healthy Linebackers.

I need a OC that hast the resolve to stick with the run when he has Three 1st year players starting at RT, C,and LT (up until yesterday).

I need a defense that can hold and offense to 20 points a game.

I need a DC that understands he has a 4-3 personnel defense and stop running a 3-4 defense that he does not have personnel to run.

I need HC that understands time management and time of possession.

I need Cowboy fans to understand only 4 things happen when you throw the ball +30 times a game and 3 out of 4 is bad.

I agree on everything, your problem becomes if they don't figure out what their best OL combination is (at this point im not sure why they are still trying to shoe horn people into certain positions) you're run game is shot... Start the rookie at center every other positions needs to be plug and play and I mean keep plugging them in each series until you find out what works.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I agree on everything, your problem becomes if they don't figure out what their best OL combination is (at this point im not sure why they are still trying to shoe horn people into certain positions) you're run game is shot... Start the rookie at center every other positions needs to be plug and play and I mean keep plugging them in each series until you find out what works.
Taco Charlton just had a momentum changing sack fumble for the Chiefs. That goes to my point how having Jerry Dumbo GM Jones is the reason the Cowboys have not sniffed a Super Bowl run in +25 years. Oh Oh Taco just had a pressure rush that cause an interception.

However, when you plug and play that OL, do what all OL want to do....RUN BLOCK.

Blue64

Reaction score
how you Dak haters complained when the Cowboys went 13-3 of how Dak can't throw. Dink and Dak..remember that? He doesn't throw down the field. Now he's basically carrying this team on his back and you still complain. He's throwing the ball down the field. He leaves us to believe no matter how big of a hole this defense puts us in, we still have a chance. So, you want Dalton, eh? Well, the worst team in the league wouldn't resign him to be a mentor for Burrow, yet you want him to start....lmao. Dak is not your problem no matter how bad you want to think he is. OUR focus should be the o-line and the defensive side of the ball. I'm sure you haters with the blinders on don't see that though.
Some so called haters aren’t that at all. They are just responding to some who believe gawdy inflated numbers elevate him to elite status.
He’s not... plain and simple
Football is a team sport, but all eyes are on the qb who is the measuring stick of a teams success.
Dak has a losing record against winning teams.
Until that improves regardless of the circumstances leading to those losses, he is not elite and does not deserve that kind of money.

leeblair

Reaction score
how you Dak haters complained when the Cowboys went 13-3 of how Dak can't throw. Dink and Dak..remember that? He doesn't throw down the field. Now he's basically carrying this team on his back and you still complain. He's throwing the ball down the field. He leaves us to believe no matter how big of a hole this defense puts us in, we still have a chance. So, you want Dalton, eh? Well, the worst team in the league wouldn't resign him to be a mentor for Burrow, yet you want him to start....lmao. Dak is not your problem no matter how bad you want to think he is. OUR focus should be the o-line and the defensive side of the ball. I'm sure you haters with the blinders on don't see that though.
We complained because we saw this day coming.
It wasn't just about Dak; he was part of the problem, though.
Dak was put in behind the best offensive line in football with the best running back in football and top receivers. No other quarterback gets to start like that.
But he was praised and coddled and not made to earn his spot- and we knew this day was coming.
The guy is pretty good; even I will admit that. But he never learned to play under pressure, and that was the same way the entire organization has become.
Now they all get down when things don't go their way, and Dak simply disappears.
It could have been different, but this team still suffers from the incompetence of the Jason Garrett era.
They should have cleaned house, and Dak should have been let go when Garrett left.
He's too accustomed to being coddled.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
That is how you see the game.. You look at the box score and you remember all the good he does toward the end of the game.

But he's had the slow starts.. He's had the timely turnovers..

Has he been the problem? No.. But he is far from the solution. He's here and he is 1-3 and just took an L to the Cleveland Browns because the offense had 14 points for almost 3 full quarters.

Russell Wilson has one of the worst defenses in the league and they haven't lost a game.

Dallas needs a lot to get better and Dak almost automatically locks us into mediocrity as a team for years to come.

BTW.. We have played some really bad defenses so far.
We have played some bad defenses, hence the reason we're able to score so many points. Look....some of you seem to think the Cowboys are not playing against another team...lol. This is the NFL. It's the ultimate team sport. Has Dak been perfect? Hell no. Not by any means. But when your defense gives up 30 something points in 3 out of the 4 games, the offense side of the ball should be the last place you look. Even with the offensive turnovers, they are never good, the defense still has to go out and try to make a stop. If I have an offense that's scoring 30 something points, whether its from behind or otherwise, I should win 3 out of the 4 games.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Dak was put in behind the best offensive line in football with the best running back in football and top receivers. No other quarterback gets to start like that.
But he was praised and coddled and not made to earn his spot- and we knew this day was coming.
The guy is pretty good; even I will admit that. But he never learned to play under pressure, and that was the same way the entire organization has become.
Now they all get down when things don't go their way, and Dak simply disappears.
It could have been different, but this team still suffers from the incompetence of the Jason Garrett era.
They should have cleaned house, and Dak should have been let go when Garrett left.
Praised and coddled?!? What rock have you been sleeping under? Dak disappears? LMAO! Where the hell have you been? Some of you act as though you don't understand the game of football. Dak has been a top 10 QB for some time. He had Jason Garrett as a coach. He has a bad defense....very bad defense. And I don't know if you heard this but defense wins championships. That's your one freebie.

erod

Reaction score
He's playing average at best this year. Carrying the team? LOL, not hardly. He's his typical self. Shows up for a quarter or two, absent the rest.

You obviously play fantasy football. Probably in 4-5 leagues, I'm guessing.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Taco Charlton just had a momentum changing sack fumble for the Chiefs. That goes to my point how having Jerry Dumbo GM Jones is the reason the Cowboys have not sniffed a Super Bowl run in +25 years. Oh Oh Taco just had a pressure rush that cause an interception.

However, when you plug and play that OL, do what all OL want to do....RUN BLOCK.

Agreed other teams seem to figure out how to keep going when they lose multiple OL's we suck if just one goes down for some reason....it's ridiculous "our LT is hurt..ooh **** dont run the ball" spread these defenses out with this recieving core and gut them in the middle.. this should be easy

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We have played some bad defenses, hence the reason we're able to score so many points. Look....some of you seem to think the Cowboys are not playing against another team...lol. This is the NFL. It's the ultimate team sport. Has Dak been perfect? Hell no. Not by any means. But when your defense gives up 30 something points in 3 out of the 4 games, the offense side of the ball should be the last place you look. Even with the offensive turnovers, they are never good, the defense still has to go out and try to make a stop. If I have an offense that's scoring 30 something points, whether its from behind or otherwise, I should win 3 out of the 4 games.

You’re generalizing the game.

The offense has been part of the problem early in games and just because they look like heroes at the end and create an illusion for some of you box score guys doesn’t mean we all have to ignore it.

The defense is a problem but what about getting a lead and not turning the ball over early?

Proof

Reaction score
Dak has been outplayed by four QB's this year... If you fall behind 20 plus points, that's every bit as much on the QB as it is the defense.

true. Dak first quarter: 11-12 174 yds and 2 tds. Baker entire game: 19-30 165 yds 2 tds. Soundly outplayed.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
He's playing average at best this year. Carrying the team? LOL, not hardly. He's his typical self. Shows up for a quarter or two, absent the rest.

You obviously play fantasy football. Probably in 4-5 leagues, I'm guessing.
Dude...I've seen your football IQ. You're guess on your supposedly football knowledge also. Next...

aikemirv

Reaction score

Actually never complained then, just stated a bit of the obvious. Before last year 2016 was his best year

Obviously he has progressed since then.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
You’re generalizing the game.

The offense has been part of the problem early in games and just because they look like heroes at the end and create an illusion for some of you box score guys doesn’t mean we all have to ignore it.

The defense is a problem but what about getting a lead and not turning the ball over early?
Totally agree. The OFFENSE needs to stop having turnovers. Not just Dak. But there's so much involved in that. This is not sandlot football. Playcalling has been ok at best. This team has turned into a passing team. I'm not saying the offense looks like heroes. But, it's good to know we have an offense to make you feel you're never out of a game.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Lee i told you watching that blue field every Saturday was going to mess up your eye's..........just listen to the Boise games this year so your eye's can get back in focus.