News: ITS: Can Cowboys WR Noah Brown Finally Stay Healthy and Contribute in 2020?

starfan1

Reaction score
I'm a Noah Brown fan.. I'll be in the minority on this one but I think he's an interesting prospect as a TE/WR hybrid.

We'll see what he does this year but i'm not counting this guy out when it comes to making the team.

i like the prospect of him being a TE not so much a receiver but if he locks up a roster spot and we carry 1 less TE then I dont care how they use him

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
He is one of the WR's that is good on special teams. I think he beats out Cedric Wilson.

quickccc

Reaction score
i like the prospect of him being a TE not so much a receiver but if he locks up a roster spot and we carry 1 less TE then I dont care how they use him

... and why not us just going out there in the draft or FA and getting the most qualified NFL level TE.. instead of relying on an injury prone, gimmick " TE" ?

starfan1

Reaction score
... and why not us just going out there in the draft or FA and getting the most qualified NFL level TE.. instead of relying on an injury prone, gimmick " TE" ?
that's fair as well no argument. I'm just saying the only 2 positions i want brown to be a priority consideration for is TE or released. If they decide to keep as a hybrid than fine but not at the expense of a quality speed burner. Only at the expense of a Witten or Shultz

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy had a career game in college....once. None of these WR's in the 4-6 stable have panned out. We get all sales oriented about them like we did Rico Gathers, the greatest player that wasn't. Brown, Smith, Wilson, the WR's with common names and skills.

They hit on Gallup and we should be thankful for that. Good draft for WR's and a good time for the Cowboys to reload the stable.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
That's my thought too, if he can bulk up a little and be a hybrid TE, that's how I would use him. Good blocker whose speed would be decent for a TE.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he can't stay healthy through preseason then he needs replaced. The Cowboys don't have much to show for 3 years. Even if he was just a 7th round pick.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Meh

Below average even when healthy.

He has had his shot, move on.....

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Don’t know what the Cowboys are so intrigued about with Brown. He has a career total of 9 catches for 87 yards and has had more than a couple of drops. We’ve gotten little to nothing out of him in three seasons. All he has going for him is size he’s not a speed burner.

Brown is a developmental player who never developed and is now in his contract year. Buh bye.

If we want a ST guy as WR, that spot is taken by Ventrell Bryant, who we kept on the roster for some odd reason last year, and we own for the next 3 years.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why are fans trying to convert WRs to TEs? First, Dez and now N Brown. Not sure how many realize this but it's been said a complete TE has the 2nd most responsibilities on the offense after the QB. In fact, as one coach put it, because of his blocking, receiving and protection responsibility, he has to know OLmen, RBs and WRs plays. My point, moving a WR to TE is more than catching passes. There's a reason you would him to TE that probably little to do with a receiver. Hell, he can stay at WR and do that..........

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I remember one poster arguing with me because I question his statement that Noah Brown would be the steal of the draft. :lmao:

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He basicslly made the roster because the prior staff valued his blocking. He hasn't shown much as a receiver outside of a couple nice catches.