It's Commanders Week... Part IV

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hsn.jpg

Commemorative Job Gibbs Super Bowl Trophies!

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/RedskinsSBs.jpg​

Only $19.99 for the entire set!

But if you call RIGHT NOW, we'll give you $29.99 for the entire set!

That's right! We'll give you 30 bucks to take this [strike]crap[/strike] merchandise off our hands!

Shipping & handling??? Don't worry about it! We'll pay that too!

That's right! One full-size Lombardi trophy, two economy size trophies, $30, plus shipping is FREE!!!

[strike]Sanitation Workers[/strike] Operators are waiting for your call!

That's 1-800-427-2243!

Again, that's 1-800-G-A-R-B-A-G-E!

CALL NOW!!!

*strike year discount size

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I meant to include this in the story, and didn't realize I hadn't until just now.

The very next year do you know who Clint Longley beat out to remain Roger's backup QB?

Jim Zorn.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;2285740 said:
Ok here you go. The 1987 Scab Game, played on Monday Night in dallas

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/Commanders/longterm/1997/history/allart/dw1987a.htm

SkinsHokieFan;2285745 said:
And 1989 game where the Cowboys got their only win of the season

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/Commanders/longterm/1997/history/allart/dw1989b.htm

Thanks for those. That was very cool and I enjoyed them both, even though the 1987 one really sucks for Cowboys fans. :p

The thing I didn't know (As I didn't become a Cowboys fan till 1988) was that there were only 6 vets on the Cowboys team for that game. Granted that doesn't take anything away from what Washington did, still amazing to think of, but I had always been under the impression, by the way it's portrayed, that Dallas had practically their entire starting offensive and defensive units back across the line for this game and lost.

Thanks for the post, appreciate it. :)

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;2285556 said:
I dunno. A bunch of scabs beating regulars like Tony Dorsett, Randy White, Danny White and company on Monday night at their house is, well it's what movies are made of my friend :)

replacements_ver1.jpg

.. Movies starring Keanu Reeves :rolleyes:

RFKFedEx

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2287079 said:
.. Movies starring Keanu Reeves :rolleyes:

The Replacements might be the worst movie ever made. It was a total rip off of Major League.

Why does every football movie need to have an obese lineman who can barely walk, let alone make a football roster? I.E. leatherheads, Varsity Blues, etc. The jokes are tired and predictable.

Other than the team in the movie supposedly being from Washington, there are no parallels to the Commanders team in 1987. Hell, the entire movie was filmed in Baltimore.

I turned if off half way through.:mad:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RFKFedEx;2287149 said:
The Replacements might be the worst movie ever made. It was a total rip off of Major League.

Why does every football movie need to have an obese lineman who can barely walk, let alone make a football roster? I.E. leatherheads, Varsity Blues, etc. The jokes are tired and predictable.

Other than the team in the movie supposedly being from Washington, there are no parallels to the Commanders team in 1987. Hell, the entire movie was filmed in Baltimore.

I turned if off half way through.:mad:

Yeah, well, be prepared to do the same this coming REAL game! By half time you nuts in DC will be kicking the dog and beating the wife or girlfriend.

:cool: