It's driving me mad!

gbrittain

Reaction score
superpunk;1233878 said:
Trouble is, only about three of them are playing like they're worth a damn right now. We might let them go, and it would be like the poodles of war.

That very well could be, but something tells me that Dallas is just unwilling to use the talent we have. Think about the Indy game. We played a different kind of game that time and the players responded well.

Kind of like I am sick and tired of seeing Roy Williams, Pat Watkins, and Keith Davis lined up against the other teams WR one on one. The other teams know how to make that happen why can't we get Terry Glenn and Owens lined up one on one against a safety.

I think there are a few coaching issues here.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
hendog;1233881 said:
Just once I'd like to see what Dick Lebeau or Greg Williams could do with that group.
Personally, I think Jimmy Johnson of the Eagles is the best DC in the game. He does more with less than anyone.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
gbrittain;1233888 said:
Lots of interesting and good thoughts there Hos. However, the portion above is what I think will end up being the answer to our defensive woes.

I remember vaguely some of the players mentioning after the Indy game how exciting it was or something along those lines. They got to go out there mix things up and attack. They responded so well, that we pulled the reigns in on them...makes sense to me. :rolleyes:
The entire team wants to be turned loose. I guarantee you they feel like if the teams have to respond to them, as opposed to them responding to that team, that no one can beat them as a unit on either side of the ball. I believe they have that kind of confidence in the entire team.

I do too.

JPM

Reaction score
Hostile;1233903 said:
Personally, I think Jimmy Johnson of the Eagles is the best DC in the game. He does more with less than anyone.

He's blitz happy, they trust their CB who are not as good as ours.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JPM;1233925 said:
He's blitz happy, they trust their CB who are not as good as ours.
His schemes disrupt timing. Contrary to popular belief he doesn't blitz as much as some DCs. His schemes are just more effective. They are well disguised.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Hostile;1233940 said:
His schemes disrupt timing. Contrary to popular belief he doesn't blitz as much as some DCs. His schemes are just more effective. They are well disguised.

And herein lies the problem with our defense.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Hostile;1233919 said:
The entire team wants to be turned loose. I guarantee you they feel like if the teams have to respond to them, as opposed to them responding to that team, that no one can beat them as a unit on either side of the ball. I believe they have that kind of confidence in the entire team.

I do too.

Absolutely. I would love to see what would happen if this team were given a chance. This team is always playing on its heels as opposed to dictating. It is hard for any player to look really impressive under the scenario that Dallas plays nearly week in and week out. I believe this team has the talent.

JPM

Reaction score
Hostile;1233940 said:

Really, it always seems to me when we play them they blitz an awful lot. He also does a good job of overloading when he blitzs. There was a ton a pressure from the middle the first game we played.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fan Since 77;1233686 said:
:rolleyes:

One bad game by the defense and people throw tantrums.
Where was this advice when the defense was shutting teams down, and swarming the ball, and covering people, etc etc.

You should wait and see if there is a pattern before starting these types of threads.

He is right about the blitzing, no matter how well the defense is playing.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Every year, we're suppposed to have this dominating defense, and I've yet to see one since the Super Bowl days.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JPM;1234036 said:
Really, it always seems to me when we play them they blitz an awful lot. He also does a good job of overloading when he blitzs. There was a ton a pressure from the middle the first game we played.
You're reading too much into what I said. I didn't say he doesn't blitz a lot. He does. I said he doesn't blitz as much as some DCs. For instance, Gregg Williams blitzes more than Johnson does, but is less effective.

JPM

Reaction score
Hostile;1234266 said:
You're reading too much into what I said. I didn't say he doesn't blitz a lot. He does. I said he doesn't blitz as much as some DCs. For instance, Gregg Williams blitzes more than Johnson does, but is less effective.

OK, I got you. Sorry, I'll swing by a Roy Willimas stinks, or get rid of Bill/Zimmer thread now.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
hendog;1233680 said:
This whole defensive scheme of ours just absolutely sucks.

I've been a BP supporter since day 1 and believe he has improved the talent level on our team immensely.

But I can't wait to get some coaches in here with a fresh, innovative attacking mentality.

I'm so tired of watching other teams w/less talent pressure and attack and collapse the pocket. Swarm the ball carrier and actually cover people downfield.

Plain and simple- BP and/or Zimmer just don't put our guys in a position to succeed. Our players are handcuffed by our own strategy.

Can't we run a line stunt just one freaking time.

How come we can blitz what seems like 8 people and not even one can get thru a 5 man line?

Other teams cover better than us that don't even have one good player in thier secondary.

I've had it. I was fed up (like the rest of you) before the Saints game and that was just the nail in the coffin. The scheme and gameplan for that game was atrocious.

Bp can say - oh this guy was supposed to do this and this guy didn't do that.Please - it was obvious that our guys didn't have a clue. Pathetic.

We need some changes and I hope it starts this weekend.

2007 = Hire Ron Rivera from the Bears as HC and pull Norv back as Asst. Head coach/OC or something.
Its pathetic how we have missused some of our most talented players all year and frankly i just thinks its time for both Parcells to go. last year we blamed Payton for our Offensive struggles when it has to come to be shown that he is an Offensive Genious and it was all Parcells and Bledslows fault. Parcells style just doesnt work anymore if u really want to win a SB and not just get to the playoffs. Zimmer can go ahead and leave with him