Its going to take 13-3 just for a bye.....

sago1

Reaction score
Haven't we've always know that the Cowboys must win their own games. There is little chance we would ever get any help from another team. All we have to do is take care of our own business and our 11-1 record puts the whole thing in our hands. When we beat the Lions next week in Detroit, I believe we lock up the NFC East title. The remaining games against the Eagles, Panthers & if necessary the Skins is all about getting the #1 seed. We need the #1 seed to lock up a bye week & home field throughout the playoffs. In order to do that, we need to go 14-1 which means beating the Eagles and Panthers. Phillips can then decide which if any of our starters play against the Skins and for how long.

noletime95

Reaction score
As windward stated and I suggested in the original post, 2-2 from here out ensures a bye.....just pointing out how nuts it is that 12-4 might not get us a bye in the NFC.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
noletime95;1807278 said:
Since Dallas played neither team and both are not in the east, conference record would be the determining factor. Dallas is 3-1 vs the AFC. TB lost to both Jax and TB. Seattle lost to CLE and Pit. As a result, each would have a superior conf. record by one game if they win out.
Your post make no sense so I'll simplify for you.

We are unbeaten in NFC, we own all the tiebreakers.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
If we want HFA we better win 14 cause GB won't lose against their weak mess competition.

noletime95

Reaction score
I'm simply throwing information out there......I'm not suggesting Dallas will go 1-3 or that TB and Seattle will be 12-4.

There is no logic intended, just information.

burmafrd

Reaction score
neither of those teams are good enough to win that many games.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
noletime95;1807292 said:
Remaining schedules for both teams:

Seattle: AZ, @ Car, BAL, @ ATL
TB: @ Hou, ATL, @ SF, CAR

If bot teams win next week, they have excellent shots to go 12-4. And I bet they are both favored.
btw our last four are
@DET PHI @CAR @WAS

It's not as if we have a Murderer's Row left. We should win at least 2 and most likely three of these if not four of these

I'm not attacking your idea btw. I understand you're just throwing out scenarios.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
noletime95;1807312 said:
I'm simply throwing information out there......I'm not suggesting Dallas will go 1-3 or that TB and Seattle will be 12-4.

don't take it personal, zrinkill is always on edge lol zrin

just look at his av, evil

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
IMO we need to go 3-1. Forget about first round bye, I want home field advantage throughout the playoffs. 14-2 will get that for us.

Hmm...

@ Detroit
vs. Philadelphia
@ Carolina
@ Washington

I THINK we can do it. Detroit and Carolina we should be able to win. Philly and Washington usually play us tough.

Reaction score
Man we needed the Eagirls to beat the Seahawks and New Orleans blew that game against the Bucs! :bang2:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
03EBZ06;1807310 said:

It's not that hard.

The only way we can get into a situation where tiebreakers matter is to go 1-3 the rest of the way. If we do that, we'll be 12-4 and have 3 conference losses. For Seattle or TB to get to 12-4, they have to win out and each will have only 2 conference losses. Therefore, in that scenario, they would have the tiebreaker over us. (BTW, the same basically holds for 11-5 finishes).

If we have more conference wins than those teams, we'll have more TOTAL wins than those teams and tiebreakers won't matter.

noletime95

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1807310 said:

My post states we have to go 13-3 to ensure a first round bye.......show me a scenario where we get the tiebreak at 12-4 vs Seattle or TB and prove me wrong.......

The assumption is that Dallas goes 1-3 in its final four games. While I agree that highly unlikely to happen, that would result in three conference losses.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
noletime95;1807312 said:

Actually, you clearly stated that either TB or Seattle would win their last 4 games, thus the necessity of getting 13 wins.

I doubt that either team goes 4-0 from here out but it is plausible so, yeah, we had better finish the season better than 1-3, just to be sure. :muttley:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is what I want ....

I want the Seahawks in the playoffs .... Romo needs some revenge.

I want Green Bay again to prove that they are not good enough to beat us.

then

I want the Steelers in the Superbowl so we will have as many wins against them in bowl games as they have against us.

Call me selfish ..... but I want this to be the sweetest Superbowl win ever.

noletime95

Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;1807336 said:
Actually, you clearly stated that either TB or Seattle would win their last 4 games, thus the necessity of getting 13 wins.

I doubt that either team goes 4-0 from here out but it is plausible so, yeah, we had better finish the season better than 1-3, just to be sure. :muttley:

True...my first sentence should have started with if......

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
noletime95;1807339 said:
True...my first sentence should have started with if......

Do not worry about it man ..... Bob was right .... I am on edge.

You made a good point.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
noletime95;1807334 said:
My post states we have to go 13-3 to ensure a first round bye.......show me a scenario where we get the tiebreak at 12-4 vs Seattle or TB and prove me wrong.......

The assumption is that Dallas goes 1-3 in its final four games. While I agree that highly unlikely to happen, that would result in three conference losses.
My assumption is that we'll either finish 14-2 or 15-1 so I'm not able to comprehend your assumption of 12-4 or 13-3. :)