It's going to take

coult44

Reaction score
The only thing that will ever end this madness is for the local media to turn on The Jones Family. Until guys at all the local stations, news sites , blogs, etc. stop kissing the behinds of JJ and Stephen it will always be the same. Zero accountability. In hard markets like NY, Boston, Pitt this would never play out the way it is in DFW, . This includes guys people here love, that we hear on the radio and podcasts every day. They are all afraid of The Boss and his son. It's laughable. Even the ones who talk about them on the side will not confront them when they have a chance. They are all afraid to lose their jobs or to have "inside" content pulled.

ICP

Reaction score
Empty seats at Jerry World would probably have more effect. I mean unless the fan base stops going to games and buying merchandise why would anything change?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing that will ever end this madness is for the local media to turn on The Jones Family. Until guys at all the local stations, news sites , blogs, etc. stop kissing the behinds of JJ and Stephen it will always be the same. Zero accountability. In hard markets like NY, Boston, Pitt this would never play out the way it is in DFW, . This includes guys people here love, that we hear on the radio and podcasts every day. They are all afraid of The Boss and his son. It's laughable. Even the ones who talk about them on the side will not confront them when they have a chance. They are all afraid to lose their jobs or to have "inside" content pulled.

Take a look at what's happened to the outspoken critics of Jerry Jones and the Cowboys.
where's Tim Macmahon now?

Where's Jacques Taylor?

And there are several others who have been systematically phased out.

I don't find that to be coincidence.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would definitely play out differently in the Northeast. The Philly or New York media would make their lives miserable and the fans would be even worse.

Dwight

Reaction score
Take a look at what's happened to the outspoken critics of Jerry Jones and the Cowboys.

Where's Jacques Taylor?

I live in the Dallas area and I noticed that as well.

I have a huge concern with the local sport writers and (certain) fans who are not holding Jerry accountable for his mismanagement of this once great franchise.

dfense

Reaction score

Where's Jacques Taylor?

Brad Wesley: Stroudenmire, I never thought you'd turn on me too. This is my town. Don't you forget it.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Empty seats at Jerry World would probably have more effect. I mean unless the fan base stops going to games and buying merchandise why would anything change?
this is what it comes down to. i swear anytime our season is over i get a email from the cowboys saying buy cowboys merchandise. feel like its sent out as an automatic confidence boost for jerry that even when the team loses fans still buy stuff.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is what it comes down to. i swear anytime our season is over i get a email from the cowboys saying buy cowboys merchandise. feel like its sent out as an automatic confidence boost for jerry that even when the team loses fans still buy stuff.

Listen to one of their shows or podcasts. Brad Sham will tell you to "Be a fan! No matter what!"

Yeah, just hand over your money, suckers!
:grin:

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Jerry is unstoppable...the media members who still aspire and have something to prove don't want to ruin their careers by challenging him. On the other hand, the established media members who have been here a long time (20+ years) all know that Jerry is the problem but they've been here long enough to know that nothing will change so they just accept it as the "elephant in the room" that everyone is aware of at this point.