It's interesting to see which Zone titles get the most views

nathanlt

Reaction score
Is it because of an argument? Is it because it's Cowboys-related??

For the front page, as of this moment, these are the titles.
Sam Williams has 3300+ views
Watson suspended 11 games, gets 2300
The new Cowboys site notice gets 2065

I find it interesting that our 2nd round draft pick gets more attention than our 1st round pick.
Also, that the 2nd most popular thread is not Cowboys related.

The point? I'm going to pay more attention to the view count and what seems to matter... it's helping me get through the offseason.

Maybe there's some vicious arguments going on in the Sam Williams thread, I don't know.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Imagine a "Cowboys win the SB" thread. True colors would come piling out of that thread. We would see what true desperation looks like if it happens. As I've said before. Miserable people stay miserable, and a SB wouldn't do anything for misery. I'm talking true...true colors. Would be fun...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Is it because of an argument? Is it because it's Cowboys-related??

For the front page, as of this moment, these are the titles.
Sam Williams has 3300+ views
Watson suspended 11 games, gets 2300
The new Cowboys site notice gets 2065

I find it interesting that our 2nd round draft pick gets more attention than our 1st round pick.
Also, that the 2nd most popular thread is not Cowboys related.

The point? I'm going to pay more attention to the view count and what seems to matter... it's helping me get through the offseason.

Maybe there's some vicious arguments going on in the Sam Williams thread, I don't know.
Sam Williams plays defense. Casual fans are sucked in by sacks over pancake blocks by an offensive linemen.

JayFord

Reaction score
its because people want to argue and troll

let Dallas win 42-0 this place will be dry ......i honestly think most here arent Dallas fans just fans from other boards who pretend to be Dallas fans

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A ROWDY is FIRED thread...if really true....will break the counter. :muttley:
One day that thread may come true. I ask that someone fill me in on the view count before the counter breaks because I will be off-line celebrating. YEEEEEHAAAAAW!

Bates

Reaction score
Well, the sam williams thread is just titled "Sam Williams". So, you have to click on it to get an understanding of what the OP is saying. Then you have all the threads that have dak, zeke, jerry, 26 years since, or whatever else in the title that a lot of us won't click on because it's obvious from the title what you will encounter in the thread. So, if you care about your thread getting lots of views then make the title as vague as possible.

CoachD

Reaction score
Those usually go to the pom pom waving cheerleaders because the digital bouncers don't like objective views.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Several years ago they used to show how many views each thread got. The board underwent a format change and the views feature disappeared.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Well, the sam williams thread is just titled "Sam Williams". So, you have to click on it to get an understanding of what the OP is saying. Then you have all the threads that have dak, zeke, jerry, 26 years since, or whatever else in the title that a lot of us won't click on because it's obvious from the title what you will encounter in the thread. So, if you care about your thread getting lots of views then make the title as vague as possible.
Smart point!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
As with all online social interactions, controversy drives traffic because some want to argue, some want to troll and some want to watch.

This is true. It makes it harder to bother with putting together something like a breakdown of Dallas offensive line vs. Denver's defensive line because most on here seem to care about random comments someone makes about a player without even caring if it's backed by evidence.

Of course, you can't post for the views or likes, but it does make your efforts feel appreciated when a bunch of people read what you worked so hard to put together for this community.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
People like arguing. I personally love arguing. That’s why everyone loves me. Coke is far better than Pepsi in every possible way. I could go on.