It's moments like this when Jerry's desire to win should be questioned

Sydla

Reaction score
I never expected them to be hog wild in FA. So I knew they weren't even entertaining a Queen or a Chris Jones or even a Barkley type. So I knew to temper my expectations but they seem to have zero interest in actually improving their roster at all in FA given what happened, what Jerry has said, etc.

The moment the final gun sounded in that Packers game, you knew we had holes - DT and LB - were two obvious areas of need. RB too. We've signed zero people of note to try to fix those three positions. But it gets better. Our C has left. We've lost much of our depth at DE. Decent chance the LT leaves as well.

You don't become a billionaire by being a total moron. So while we laugh and name call Jerry, he's not exactly a dumb guy. But it's positively flabbergasting that they fail year after year after year and when the offseason comes around they do the same thing (or even less than the same thing).

batman36

Reaction score
I never expected them to be hog wild in FA. So I knew they weren't even entertaining a Queen or a Chris Jones or even a Barkley type. So I knew to temper my expectations but they seem to have zero interest in actually improving their roster at all in FA given what happened, what Jerry has said, etc.

The moment the final gun sounded in that Packers game, you knew we had holes - DT and LB - were two obvious areas of need. RB too. We've signed zero people of note to try to fix those three positions. But it gets better. Our C has left. We've lost much of our depth at DE. Decent chance the LT leaves as well.

You don't become a billionaire by being a total moron. So while we laugh and name call Jerry, he's not exactly a dumb guy. But it's positively flabbergasting that they fail year after year after year and when the offseason comes around they do the same thing (or even less than the same thing).
Yes.

Majic

Reaction score

Could it be he doesn't want to win. Or rather doesn't want to try hard to win. What can be the reason?

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd have more respect for Jerry and his moron of a son if they just came out in February and were honest and said, "We get it, and you fans aren't going to like it, but we are not going to hit FA hard at all because we philosophically believe it hurt us more than helps us............"

Great. I won't agree with it but at least they are honest and up front about it.

Instead we get BS from Jerry about accountability and all in and then FA starts and these two disappear and aren't heard from for a week. This offseason might be the final straw for me in terms of engagement with the team. I'll still watch but with less invested interest. My kids are now all involved in travel sports - baseball, basketball and soccer so my weekends and week nights are typically full due to practices and games. I can fill my time invested with this team with a lot of other things.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Makes me wonder if Jerry has decided to pay out Dak, go with him and whoever else is left after the free agents depart, plug in all the draftees he can and actually start over (as I think he should, but what do I know?) anew next year.

Of course, Jerry's getting older by the minute, he might truly have lost the ability to think things through. Nobody knows but his hairdresser.

Ah well, as always, it'll be interesting, whatever happens...

Kwyn

Reaction score
I'd have more respect for Jerry and his moron of a son if they just came out in February and were honest and said, "We get it, and you fans aren't going to like it, but we are not going to hit FA hard at all because we philosophically believe it hurt us more than helps us............"
I get the frustration and know you’re blowing off steam but if you honestly believe this, then I’d love to sit across from you at a poker table.

fivetwos

Reaction score
There’s no plan to put together a winning roster within given schemes.

Every player is looked at individually and if they aren’t a bargain, they don’t do it.

That’s why it’s draft only.

Sydla

Reaction score
Could it be he doesn't want to win. Or rather doesn't want to try hard to win. What can be the reason?
I tend to think it's just arrogance and ego. I think he's spent these last two decades trying to re-write Cowboys history where he wins some SBs and finally gets the credit he deserves and people stop talking about Jimmy.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Jerry doesn’t want to win. He doesn’t care.
100% correct. But other Dallas sports team do and they have made deep playoff runs.

FwN82PzXsAQf0Zv

Sydla

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if Jerry has decided to pay out Dak, go with him and whoever else is left after the free agents depart, plug in all the draftees he can and actually start over (as I think he should, but what do I know?) anew next year.

Of course, Jerry's getting older by the minute, he might truly have lost the ability to think things through. Nobody knows but his hairdresser.

Ah well, as always, it'll be interesting, whatever happens...
Then cut bait with Dak now. Why waste a season? If you are going to rebuild start anew, dump Dak, plug in Lance and see what you have and go from there.

Basically if this is Jerry's plan, he can't even start a rebuild right either.

Sydla

Reaction score
I get the frustration and know you’re blowing off steam but if you honestly believe this, then I’d love to sit across from you at a poker table.
Believe what?

Yes, I'd have more respect for Jerry is he was just honest about what he's going to do instead of blowing smoke up all our ***** about how he's going to hold people accountable and this year is going to be different and we are "all in" for 2024.

Big_D

Reaction score
This was his biggest moment in 30 years. It’s pretty clear he doesn’t care at all about winning because this was the opportunity to final get that credit he’s been after. Instead it’s nothing but a joke!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I always believed Jerry truly wanted to win another SB, but it needed to be his way and he just didn't know how to do it.

These last two season have convinced me I was wrong. With a strong offense and an improving defense, with a few top tier pieces in place, it was the time to make a couple serious runs at it and he didn't make much of an effort at all.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Then cut bait with Dak now. Why waste a season? If you are going to rebuild start anew, dump Dak, plug in Lance and see what you have and go from there.

Basically if this is Jerry's plan, he can't even start a rebuild right either.
Why wait a season? 12 wins 3 years in a row, team with more than a couple of All Pros on the team.

Jerry has to pay Dak a ton, whether it's cutting him or playing him, might as well take a shot at the title!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry wants to win he just doesn't have the football qualifications as a GM to accomplish it.