It's not Bledsoe

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
I cannot begin to count how many balls have been droped tonight. Seriously, I can't think of a single pass (although I know there has to have been one or two) that was poorly thrown. Every pass seems to have had hands on it that just couldn't pull it in. TO himself has dropped at LEAST 4 that I can remember. Now, granted, Sean Taylor was about to take his head off on a couple of them, but this has NOT been Bledsoe's fault. He's played an awesome game, IMO, so far.

And don't you just know that 100 yard return had Bill thinking "Vanderjagt better get well soon"! It cost him a special teams player.

Tripod

Reaction score
Shotgun Dave said:
I cannot begin to count how many balls have been droped tonight. Seriously, I can't think of a single pass (although I know there has to have been one or two) that was poorly thrown. Every pass seems to have had hands on it that just couldn't pull it in. TO himself has dropped at LEAST 4 that I can remember. Now, granted, Sean Taylor was about to take his head off on a couple of them, but this has NOT been Bledsoe's fault. He's played an awesome game, IMO, so far.

And don't you just know that 100 yard return had Bill thinking "Vanderjagt better get well soon"! It cost him a special teams player.

But the Romosexuals will wave the stat sheet tomorrow and Bledsoe will get the blame.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
For the majority, yes. The balls were catchable. But, there were some passes that he lead the receiver too much. Also, Bledsoe has to share some the blame for what could be deemed "catchable" passes.

Even the one that Bledsoe threw into the endzone to T.O. that was knocked out, was thrown a tad bit too late. If he threw that on time, that would have been a sure TD without the corner even having the possibility to knock it out.

I think someone mentioned this earlier when comparing Bledsoe to Brady. The fact that he is much slower than the latter when it comes to throwing the passes on time.

That's probably why people want to see Romo more - because he seems to get rid of the ball quicker and on time.

Tripod

Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
For the majority, yes. The balls were catchable. But, there were some passes that he lead the receiver too much. Also, Bledsoe has to share some the blame for what could be deemed "catchable" passes.

Even the one that Bledsoe threw into the endzone to T.O. that was knocked out, was thrown a tad bit too late. If he threw that on time, that would have been a sure TD without the corner even having the possibility to knock it out.

I think someone mentioned this earlier when comparing Bledsoe to Brady. The fact that he is much slower than the latter when it comes to throwing the passes on time.

That's probably why people want to see Romo more - because he seems to get rid of the ball quicker and on time.

Like I said...........

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Tripod said:
Like I said...........

ROFL. Ask anyone if I'm a "Romosexual"? My continual defense of Henson was read by the latter as a denigration of their boy. And now I'm being called the a "Romosexual" because I speak objectively about Bledsoe.

Go figure.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You have 13 posts. Hush because I think you just want to start something and I'm not in the mood due to the way the team is playing.

Tripod

Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
ROFL. Ask anyone if I'm a "Romosexual"? My continual defense of Henson was read by the latter as a denigration of their boy. And now I'm being called the a "Romosexual" because I speak objectively about Bledsoe.

Go figure.

I saw at least 8 passes dropped. Parcells said "we dropped 8 passes".
The announcers said they dropped a lot of passes.

Very, very different game if the receivers make the easy plays.

It ain't Bledsoe.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Tripod said:
I saw at least 8 passes dropped. Parcells said "we dropped 8 passes".
The announcers said they dropped a lot of passes.

Very, very different game if the receivers make the easy plays.

It ain't Bledsoe.

"For the majority, yes. The balls were catchable."

What does this mean?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
"For the majority, yes. The balls were catchable."

What does this mean?

Means, Bledsoe didn't throw a perfect pass every time... :eek:

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Please.

Receivers were short-arming passes all night long. Trust me...I'm no Bledsoe Homie. But he played his butt off tonight and would have had 100 more yards passing but for the dropped balls. 15 minutes after I posted Al Michaels went on about the same thing.

The defense played a great game, and Roy especially had a good game. I though toward the end, in fact, that the refs were going real light on the offensive holding. I thought Ware would have had at least 2 more sacks but for clear holding penalties.

I loved Drew's comments after the game.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
WAAAAY too many drops tonight on balls that should have been caught.

Good thing the defense had the same problem.

On that one dropped INT, Bledsoe waited until T.O. broke and then threw....he should be throwing prior to the break, but that could be because he isn't quite in sync yet with T.O..

Bledsoe played well tonight though.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Shotgun Dave said:

The special teams player he left off the active roster was Rector. Does he play on the coverage teams?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:

there is no pleasing some people.

bledsoe was on target tonight. period.

if his performance tonight causes you to b****... maybe the problem is you.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
LeonDixson said:
What did he say?

Andrea Kramer asked him if he though this would quiet the QB controversy and he said, "maybe for a week". He was cool about it though, not crappy. Kinda like, "hey, whatever, it's like that in the NFL".

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:

So I'll pick on somethng else. You can't use #81 as a viable barometer to any of the QB to receiver discussion. Not even close to enough ball time together. Bledsoe has no clue as to what he'll do when the play falls apart.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
thats7 said:
So I'll pick on somethng else. You can't use #81 as a viable barometer to any of the QB to receiver discussion. Not even close to enough ball time together. Bledsoe has no clue as to what he'll do when the play falls apart.

OK - here is some:

On the 'drop' to TO about 5 yards ahead of him, he almost threw an INT because the ball was at the wrong shoulder.

On the deep throw to Glenn that was called as a Pass Interference: It was interference because the ball was thrown off target and glenn slowed down/stopped to adjust. The DB ran into him. If Glenn doesn't adjust like that, it is an easy pick. Glenn bailed out bledsoe there on what should have been an easy throw for Bledsoe.

On Glenn's TD catch - he was as wide open as you can be. Taylor was 10-15 yards off him and the LBer playing the intermediate zone was as well. But that ball floated forever. If the LBer had been faster and maybe 3-5 yards closer, it would have been awful. Glenn stood in place and waited for it to get there.

The rest of the drops were no nos and I give bledsoe for throwing good balls to them.

But the completions he did make were a bunch of dinks and dunks - Bledsoe played good enough/busdriver tonight (which I will take anytime). But he was NOT 'lights out' or dominant by any means.

Name one tight throw into coverage or player he got open with his arm tonight.