It's not going to be the 4-3

blindzebra

Reaction score
I think we will break out the 3-3-5 again, which may be what was seen as the 4-3 in practice.

We did it against AZ, Indy and some in the 2nd half against Atl.

Spears/Coleman, Fergy, Canty/Hatcher on the DL, we would stack Ware just behind the DE, with Burnett and James at LB.

By using this we can put Ware or Carpenter at DE and we are in the 4-2-5 nickel, walk Roy up to OLB and it's a 4-3 look.

Keep the DL at 3 and walk Roy up to ILB and you have the 3-4.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra;1267360 said:
I think we will break out the 3-3-5 again, which may be what was seen as the 4-3 in practice.

Spears/Coleman, Fergy, Canty/Hatcher on the DL, we would stack Ware just behind the DE, with Burnett and James at LB.

By using this we can put Ware or Carpenter at DE and we are in the 4-2-5 nickel, walk Roy up to OLB and it's a 4-3 look.

I would take that.

We're getting killed on pass defense. Either we put more pressure on the QB or get a crappy covering LB off of the field and put Glenn out there.

D-BOI99

Reaction score
blindzebra;1267360 said:

Sounds complicated.....im for it.

MONT17

Reaction score
Roit is the weakest rushing team in the NFL... it will not give us anything but False hope!!!

hey maybe thats what the need!!!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
blindzebra;1267360 said:

Not bad BZ...While Roy walks up to OL...Who will be the 2 safties ? Henry and Wakins with Glenn the other CB ?

blindzebra

Reaction score
Jarv;1267409 said:
Not bad BZ...While Roy walks up to OL...Who will be the 2 safties ? Henry and Wakins with Glenn the other CB ?

We have used it mostly against teams that run 3 wide or have a stud TE, and we have matched up Newman, Henry and Glenn on the WRs, and Henry or Newman on the TEs.

I think we play two deep when we go 4-2-5 with Roy and Watkins back, the others I'd roll Watkins over the top of Henry, who will most likely have Roy Williams and play man with Newman and Glenn.