It's not just Micah getting no help from the officials

MarcusRock

Reaction score
@MarcusRock , I thought they were out to get us playboi!!!
Refs hate the Niners.

To be honest, I don't think this is a hold, necessarily. It definitely could be a hands to the face by 65 coming over to help out at the end. Don't think you can shove a guy in the face like that.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
That's not a hold by the Right Tackle. That's Nick Bosa trying to pull his little spin move but getting stopped.
Gotta say... I kind of agree.

It's a borderline bear hug, for sure. But usually, the defender has to beat his guy for the ref to call holding.

Bosa never does. The RT is always in front of him; Bosa just kind of surrenders his back to him and then loses all leverage.

On top of that, he doesn't appear to be restricted in getting out of the tackle's grasp and the duration of their entanglement seems too short to be considered a bear hug

ATXSRT

Reaction score
It's crazy to me how other teams are able to protect against the 49ers D-line... every time we play them they rush 4 and it seems like immediately Dak is under pressure. Every 49er playoff game I watched they were able to control the rush for the most part.

Bigdog

Reaction score
This is what a lot of my Niners fans were saying today about the Super Bowl. I just laughed and told them welcome to our world.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
There were two, perhaps three, holds on that play.

The RT bear hug is a hold. There is no "kinda" about it. That is a hold.
The LG holds too. Clearly. He is beaten and he drags his man down with both hands.
The LT might be holding too. He clearly has the rusher under the pads, which sometimes is called and sometimes is not.

Aven8

Reaction score
Watch the play. Have you ever seen a more egregious hold?

I think this is just the league protecting QBs. Especially the elite ones.

Bosa actually mentioned this during SB week, “that they hold a lot”.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's crazy to me how other teams are able to protect against the 49ers D-line... every time we play them they rush 4 and it seems like immediately Dak is under pressure. Every 49er playoff game I watched they were able to control the rush for the most part.
First thing I noticed about the SB was they allowed KC to play aggressive. That helps when playing a physical and aggressive team.