It's not just Micah getting no help from the officials

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Saw some other clear holds from KC line, definetely the Refs didn't care, it was play on, feel bad for San Fran, nah.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I thought they let a lot of stuff go both way TBH

I do think Bosa was getting held regularly and a few of them were pretty egregious.
one thing I liked about Bosa, I didn't see him gesturing or going crazy when he was getting tugged and grabbed and occasionally tackled.
he just got up and came hard the next snap. Much respect to that.

Everyone once in a while I Know emotions get the best of guys in this situation, with this kind of intensity and this much on the line.
but I don't have a lot of use for guys who are constantly barking at hte officials every time they feel like a call didn't go their way.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The league really needs to redefine what holding is. This year most teams averaged right around 1 holding call per game, and the majority of those were on run plays. It's clear that the league is going to go out of its way to protect their QBs, and honestly I'm fine with that, but they need to just come out and call it what it is.

plymkr

Reaction score
I think that was a hold. But there was also a pretty obvious hold on the niners that wasn’t called in the 4th Quarter.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
No holding calls? They're really very disiplined, the refs I mean.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Anytime you turn your back to the olinemen its very unlikely they'll be flagged for holding.

1. Its not obvious how the defender is being impeded because they're facing away from the QB and isn't really in position to make a play and 2. Its hard for refs to even see it from that vantage point.

To me if Bosa was charging towards the QB only to be hooked or have his jersey pulled it would have been a much clearer penalty. I get the point is to point out inconsistency with how holding is called and I agree its an issue but this play more so showcases horrible technique by Bosa to get trapped like that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
it was a hold, and evidently vegas wanted kc to win in a low scoring game.
Most bettors would take the over with these 2 teams, and it turns out to be under?
Not calling holds on kc would give them the edge to win the game and most would not notice these no calls.

Swagger

Reaction score
The Chiefs' offensive line held on what looked like every single play in the first half versus the Ravens yet the officials only started to throw a few flags at the end of the 2nd quarter once the Chiefs had built up a 10 point lead.

It really is embarrassing how they get away with it and it just means you can't take the sport seriously. It's light entertainment - keep it at that.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
it was a hold, and evidently vegas wanted kc to win in a low scoring game.
Most bettors would take the over with these 2 teams, and it turns out to be under?
Not calling holds on kc would give them the edge to win the game and most would not notice these no calls.
Well many times Parson was on a chokehold when he was ahead of OL towards QB , still wasn’t able to get a holding call, so by that standards this is not a holding ( Too bad for niners - crocodile tears , LOL )

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
I kind of had a feeling that it would be really tough for 49ers pass rushers to get the benefit of holding calls against the Chiefs; A week leading up to the Super Bowl, 49ers DE Nick Bosa was asked what he thought about the Kansas City Chiefs offense, and he replied, "they hold a lot". Lol, the last thing you want to do leading up to the biggest game of the year is dictate to the Refs on how the game should be officiated.. Refs have huge egos, and they feel like they can do their jobs just fine without any help from the players lol. I think as payback they may be inclined to not call holding unless it's an obvious infraction, just to teach players a lesson. **Example 1A: Micah Parsons constantly complains about being held every game. He's right, but has his complaints about officiating changed anything?? :facepalm:..

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Refs hate the Niners.

To be honest, I don't think this is a hold, necessarily. It definitely could be a hands to the face by 65 coming over to help out at the end. Don't think you can shove a guy in the face like that.
Excuse me?? "The refs hate the 49ers"?? In what world lol.. Granted the penalties were even at {6 a piece} but the biggest blown call of the game was on that trick play by the 49ers that McCaffrey scored a TD; There were two fouls on that play committed by the 49ers that were missed - Lineman down field and offensive pass interference. If either penalty is called there, more than likely the Chiefs hold them to a FG, which would have made the score 6-0 instead of 10-0 at that point. Chiefs won the game anyway, but who knows, maybe they when it in regulation instead of O.T.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch the play. Have you ever seen a more egregious hold?

I think this is just the league protecting QBs. Especially the elite ones.

Chiefs were holding the entire game and at some point was pretty much amazed how the refs were just blind to it.
NFL...........Entertainment league.........WWE is not far behind sometimes.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
If you're a Chiefs fan, there's no holding. If you're a 49ers fan, it's holding.

If it was Parsons instead of Bosa, would it be a hold?

Think hard about they before you answer.

Redline360

Reaction score
They also missed a huge face mask at the end of the game where KC scored. Ref was like 5 yards away looking at the pass rush