Its Not Working So

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Doomsday;1838819 said:
The running game might not be that good, but MBIII was averaging 4.6 ypc, that isnt awful.
Julius got two consecutive possessions--the last one of the 2nd quarter, then (since he's the starter) the first one of the 3rd quarter. He gained (-4) yards on 4 carries on those two possessions. Those results had to affect what plays were called afterward.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
It's hard for a rb to get yards when he's getting hit in the backfield as soon as he takes the hand off.

sbark

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1838882 said:
It's hard for a rb to get yards when he's getting hit in the backfield as soon as he takes the hand off.

They maybe know their weakness with Proctor in at Center

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1838882 said:
Not equally as hard for both rb's today, or for the season.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think it's part of the growing pains of having a young O-Coordinator in his first year. Philly looked at times to stack up on the run, but by running the ball...and they may have gotten minimal yardage...it would've open up the play action which would've worked given the coverage the Eagles were in. Plus, continuing to throw the ball when your QB is struggling and has a bad thumb isn't very smart either.

YAKUZA

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
last two games...31 rushing plays and 80 passes...we've had a TOTAL of 5 rushing first downs the past two weeks

thats Mike Martz/Andy Reid-esque

David

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838941 said:
last two games...31 rushing plays and 80 passes...we've had a TOTAL of 5 rushing first downs the past two weeks

David

No question those stats are a concern.

Its been posted before sometimes to beat the NE and Indys of the world you need to really pound it to them, time of possesion, etc..

We have to shoot it out to win it seems.

Taz

Reaction score
Doomsday;1838468 said:
I just dont see any logical reasons for not starting MBIII.

because he cannot pass block worth a damn
added to our pro bowl center being hurt

saw hello to your new rookie starting RB :horse:

Taz

Reaction score
kingwhicker;1838730 said:
Well, I don't want to give up the farm for McFadden, but I wouldn't mind getting a RB in the first round.

I think our target is mcfadden, but others have said they liked felix? jones?

keep in mind trading down steven jackson for j jones is our past history

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838941 said:

David

Yep, and if it keeps up, we're gonna make a fast exit from the playoffs. Got to run the ball.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Taz;1839155 said:
I think our target is mcfadden, but others have said they liked felix? jones?

keep in mind trading down steven jackson for j jones is our past history

I think Jones would make an amazing addition to this offense. Jones and Barber mmmm it just sounds fresh and exiting

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
jason has fallen trap to the QUICK STRIKE BIG PLAY. that run/pass ratio is inexcusable and with an injured QB nonetheless.

very worrisome.

The wash game we kept striking fast but had no ball control and almost lost the game as a result of not just being able to move the chains. we need the other coaches to step in here and get jason back on the reservation

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Taz;1839135 said:
because he cannot pass block worth a damn
added to our pro bowl center being hurt

saw hello to your new rookie starting RB :horse:

If he cant pass block worth a darn, then why is he out there on 3rd downs and in the 4th quarter when we are behind? Ive seen him make a lot of good blocks in protection.

Everyone kept saying "why mess with a good" or "if its not broke dont fix it" well here we are and it is broke and it needs to be fixed. How come every single person who watches the games can see that JJ has very limited vision and leaves a ton of yards on the field but the coaching staff. We are getting down to crunch time and we need a running game.

Maybe all this focus on a fast start has gotten this team away from what it needs to do, lean on smaller Dlines. We were playing much better in the second half earlier in the season when we came out trying to pound the ball.

MBIII's numbers are far superior to any JJ has done all year, yet he is still getting a similar number of carries.

169 for 839 and 9 TDs 5.0 ypc
141 for 550 and 2 TDs 3.4 ypc