I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Question before trades
Why are we 2-5?
Fire MM regardless

CWR

Reaction score
I mean in his scenario he believes Dak would rather hop on the 6-2 JETS and waive his clause than stay here which yeah on the exterior it would be an upgrade for him.

I'm with you though. I ask it every time people bring up a trade with him....why would he help the Cowboys and make the team he's going to worse? I'd wait and just go to that team after the season then they keep their capital.
It happens more often than people think. You do it to ensure you get that player rather than compete with an open market. Maybe it's stupid, but it does happen. That said most the top of my head examples are NBA.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The team lost three close games and had a very rough start sitting at 2-5;

Dak hasn't been resigned to a new deal;

Lamb still hasn't received an extension;

Parsons is not happy at all and the locker room is in turmoil;

Aaron Rodgers just tore his ACL and the Jets are 6-2 desperately needing a QB;

What moves should the front office be making?
Wow! Doom and gloom.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I mean in his scenario he believes Dak would rather hop on the 6-2 JETS and waive his clause than stay here which yeah on the exterior it would be an upgrade for him.

I'm with you though. I ask it every time people bring up a trade with him....why would he help the Cowboys and make the team he's going to worse? I'd wait and just go to that team after the season then they keep their capital.
Dak isn't hopping anywhere.
If some team wanted to trade for him, they'd have to appease Dak with an insane contract that topped any ever offered in league history plus appease Dallas.

If the Cowboys are 2-5 they should look to trade Micah, CeeDee, DLaw, Zack Martin. guys whose rights they control.
Bench Dak for Trey Lance and go tank it out.
Receive your comp 3 for Dak and go work on the rebuild.

In the meantime, jersey sales, ticket sales and prime TV slots dry up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It happens more often than people think. You do it to ensure you get that player rather than compete with an open market. Maybe it's stupid, but it does happen. That said most the top of my head examples are NBA.
Oh I get why the team does it. What I don’t get is why would Dak do it especially if his objective is to go to a team he wants and get the most money possible? It just doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: CWR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak isn't hopping anywhere.
If some team wanted to trade for him, they'd have to appease Dak with an insane contract that topped any ever offered in league history plus appease Dallas.

If the Cowboys are 2-5 they should look to trade Micah, CeeDee, DLaw, Zack Martin. guys whose rights they control.
Bench Dak for Trey Lance and go tank it out.
Receive your comp 3 for Dak and go work on the rebuild.

In the meantime, jersey sales, ticket sales and prime TV slots dry up.
100 percent agree.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Trade the fuhrer and son to a divisional rival For a 7th round pick.

plymkr

Reaction score
I can’t really answer this question until I hear Mike Fisher talk for 40 minutes and sing to his wife. After that I’ll be more informed and throw out an opinion.

JBS

Reaction score
The Cowboys do nothing because they’re waiting for their phone to ring

Its 8pm eastern and they’re unaware the deadline has passed

NotForLong

Reaction score

You failed to mention the week before Jerry died and Stephen is attending His funeral. Which causes him to do nothing

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
We trade Dak's Walking Boot to the J.E.T.S. JETS JETS, JETS for a ham sandwich and a case of Corona laced with Viagara for Jerry

NotForLong

Reaction score
What does Kurt Warner have to say about this? I can not form an opinion until He gives me one to grasp on to

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score

Exactly bro!