Recap: ITS: OC Kellen Moore on Dak's Biggest Improvement | "His Command"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The big question is when Dak takes a step back this year in stats do yall still blame Garrett? Vanilla or not Garrett helped build a power offense. He just failed to do that on St or defense at the same time.

Garrett didn't build diddly. No coincidence that the moment Jones brings up Moore and instructs him to open up the offense, it takes off and so does Dak.

That was the WHOLE point of Jones promoting Moore...…….because Garrett wasn't getting the job done.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Its funny to me when the coaches and front office praise Dak only on stuff like leadership, command, and other intangibles but not things like accuracy or mechanics :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Are you implying there is something wrong with Dak's accuracy or mechanics? Why can't you just say that rather than beating around the bush like this? Why can't a coach just be complementary of Dak without you taking it as a side handed critique about something else? It's little girly comments like this that have people not like you.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until Dak signs, I don't care who gives him accolades or not. It means nothing if he is not on the field.

So Moore, get to know Dalton better, he is the guy you need to get worked into the offense. As he is your current starting QB. Get DiNucci prepared also as he is the back up.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Until Dak signs, I don't care who gives him accolades or not. It means nothing if he is not on the field.

So Moore, get to know Dalton better, he is the guy you need to get worked into the offense. As he is your current starting QB. Get DiNucci prepared also as he is the back up.
You mischaracterize the level of interaction Moore(or any coach) has with Dalton(or any player) on this roster. They are having virtual meetings, that's it. Dak isn't missing anything. He has Ipad with the new playbook like all the other players have at this point. You can bet he's dedicated enough to be studying it on his own without being told to do so. It doesn't mean, "nothing".

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Are you implying there is something wrong with Dak's accuracy or mechanics? Why can't you just say that rather than beating around the bush like this? Why can't a coach just be complementary of Dak without you taking it as a side handed critique about something else? It's little girly comments like this that have people not like you.
Lol like I care what homers like you feel about me..

You have shown time and time again you are clueless, so I laugh at whatever you have to say.

Tell me more about how Dak swept the Eagles in 2016 tho:lmao2::huh:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Its funny to me when the coaches and front office praise Dak only on stuff like leadership, command, and other intangibles but not things like accuracy or mechanics :laugh::laugh::laugh:
It's doesn't matter. Plenty of coaches, players and staff have praised him and you're still here whining that it never happened.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mischaracterize the level of interaction Moore(or any coach) has with Dalton(or any player) on this roster. They are having virtual meetings, that's it. Dak isn't missing anything. He has Ipad with the new playbook like all the other players have at this point. You can bet he's dedicated enough to be studying it on his own without being told to do so. It doesn't mean, "nothing".

Oh, I don't know, Dak and Zeke could be eating Fritos while on the tablets getting fat as they learn. :muttley:

If Dak has not signed the tag, is he joining in on the meetings. we don't know, but most likely if this is a holdout or part of it, he is not participating. So the focus should be on Dalton from Moore. Just my opinion as of today.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lol like I care what homers like you feel about me..

You have shown time and time again you are clueless, so I laugh at whatever you have to say.

Tell me more about how Dak swept the Eagles in 2016 tho:lmao2::huh:
Just more unlikeable qualities of yours on display while dodging the question I asked. Are you not man enough to speak to the innuendoes you make? Of course not, like a snake, you just throw out baseless insults and look to see if anyone notices.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Just more unlikeable qualities of yours on display while dodging the question I asked. Are you not man enough to speak to the innuendoes you make? Of course not, like a snake, you just throw out baseless insults and look to see if anyone notices.
:laugh:

its hilarious that im in your head, rent-free

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh, I don't know, Dak and Zeke could be eating Fritos while on the tablets getting fat as they learn. :muttley:

If Dak has not signed the tag, is he joining in on the meetings. we don't know, but most likely if this is a holdout or part of it, he is not participating. So the focus should be on Dalton from Moore. Just my opinion as of today.
:facepalm: what do voluntary mean? You must be under the impression they are installing the main offense during this voluntary time. Let me assure you that's not happening. Nor is there a Frito eating contest going on. lol (nice visual though). Dak is not missing out on anything that matters right now and nothing is going on that would merit putting the focus on Dalton rather than Dak. Your understanding of the team's interaction right now really seems lacking. But that lack of team interaction will be changing soon. The doors of the Star in Frisco were allowed to open today for the first time since the shutdown started.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This thread is a re-up of @Reality OP Pre-Draft.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/its...s-biggest-improvement-was-his-command.452328/

With all the contract shenanigans I haven't really taken a step back to see what the Cowboys expect to get whether Dak plays on Tag or 4/5yr Contract.

Here is Kellen:

“I think he had really a good command, a lot of confidence to him. He was running the show – run game, gpass game, involved in all aspects of the offense. Certainly that’s something we can build on” – Kellen Moore told DallasCowboys.com

https://insidethestar.com/kellen-moore-dak-prescotts-biggest-improvement-was-his-command/

So post Draft, we all know McCarthy spoke to Kellen after the Lamb pick .(Dak Haters surmise..."Get Dalton")smh :)

I expect to see Dak's command grow similar to Romo. I'd argue Romo's command was evident as he forced defenses to show their hand effectively either by clock drain or player shifts... Garrett was vanilla...Romo added the sprinkles. Imagine if Romo had an innovative McVey or Shanahan.
I would feel a whole lot better if somebody would come out and say Moore has a command of the offense.

But they don't.

I want Big Mike to call the plays.

I do not want to take 2 years of Moore screwing up anymore.

Mikey was hired to fix this team.

Do it and he can stay.

Don't and he and Moore can both go find jobs in the Pandemic for all I care.

Which maybe touchy if there is no football to be played.

Enough propaganda.

"Forget about it"-the Fonz circa 1985