It's official...Cowboys get bounced 28-7

kramskoi

Reaction score
..."Tony Romo is an over-hyped quarterback who still likely has a lingering injury to his throwing hand. This will not be a good thing to have against the Steelers who will hit him hard and often. He has not done well against a consistent pass rush, and quarterbacks do not have good days when they play Pittsburgh."

Last time i checked Romo was leading the league in passer rating, so how this "person" comes to the conclusion he draws is certainly as familiar to me to as Lions fans thinking they'll win a superbowl this year.

Warning, this will probably elevate the blood pressure a bit.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/88130-steelers-cowboys-pittsburgh-can-dominate-wounded-dallas

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
MOre trashing of Tony Romo.

I hope they keep it up.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Doesn't raise my blood pressure a bit. Time will tell, and we'll know how good (or bad) Romo is against the vaunted Steelers D on Sunday. The game is played on Sunday, the rest of this stuff is just pregame fluff.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I wouldnt even post anything from bleacher report. Anyone can post their thoughts/opinions on that site and have it get published. There is no credibility and many of the writers are amateurs and unprofessional.

Gordon

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2457887 said:
I wouldnt even post anything from bleacher report. Anyone can post their thoughts/opinions on that site and have it get published. There is no credibility and many of the writers are amateurs and unprofessional.

Exactly. Just reading the article I couldn't believe an article with so many grammatical errors and such poor sentence structure throughout would be published, and this explains it. If you click on the author's profile, it says he's a freshman at the University of Pittsburgh. He may be studying to become a journalist, but that doesn't make him one.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Glad we know the score of the game before it is played, we don't have to watch it now.

Well I am bull headed so I might watch it anyways.:laugh1:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Well if they get to Tony too much then we are in for a long day and this board will lite up like a Christmas tree.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
kramskoi;2457870 said:
..."Tony Romo is an over-hyped quarterback who still likely has a lingering injury to his throwing hand. This will not be a good thing to have against the Steelers who will hit him hard and often. He has not done well against a consistent pass rush, and quarterbacks do not have good days when they play Pittsburgh."

Last time i checked Romo was leading the league in passer rating, so how this "person" comes to the conclusion he draws is certainly as familiar to me to as Lions fans thinking they'll win a superbowl this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/88130-steelers-cowboys-pittsburgh-can-dominate-wounded-dallas
Bookmark that page so we can return to it Monday morning. :laugh2:

RoadRunner

Reaction score
kramskoi;2457870 said:

The Steelers can't score 28 points without the other team giving them 6 consecutive turnovers like the Patriots. If Dallas doesn't turn the ball over then Pittsburgh will be lucky to get 14 points.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
LOL! I love reports like this. Useless hacks who just write stupid stuff and aren't man, or women, enough to admit when they're wrong afterwards. Love it.

Nav22

Reaction score
He has not done well against a consistent pass rush
1) There are exactly 0 QBs who have regularly performed well against consistent pass rushes in NFL history.

2) Romo is better vs. a consistent pass rush than at least 95% (maybe 100%) of the other NFL QBs. His ability to avoid the rush while keeping his eyes downfield separates him from the average QB and puts him into "elite territory. Only a buffoon would try and qualify that attribute of Tony's.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Nav22;2458302 said:
1) There are exactly 0 QBs who have regularly performed well against consistent pass rushes in NFL history.

2) Romo is better vs. a consistent pass rush than at least 95% (maybe 100%) of the other NFL QBs. His ability to avoid the rush while keeping his eyes downfield separates him from the average QB and puts him into "elite territory. Only a buffoon would try and qualify that attribute of Tony's.

there aren't many better than Tony beating the blitz

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
jobberone;2457960 said:
Well if they get to Tony too much then we are in for a long day and this board will lite up like a Christmas tree.

Yep, win or lose, this board is always fun.

Thank God they upgraded the CZ Server because all kinds of posters are going to be out before, during and after the game with the Steelers.

This game has all the ingredients for a perfect storm, win streaks, emotion, playoffs at stake, statement game etc etc.

There are two posters in particular I always look forward to seeing when we lose.

:laugh2:

Daudr

Reaction score
After the game, Pittsburgh fans will be saying the same thing Deon Grant did - "I didn't know he was like that," Grant said. "I didn't know he could get away like that. It shocked me."

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Ben Roethlisberger doesn't play well against NO pass rush, so what does the writer have to say about that?

More and more bulletin board material. If we play a mistake-free game on offense, I can see us winning 14-9 or 17-10.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Boysboy;2457881 said:
Bleacher Report is no better than the National Enquirer.

Exactly.

I would not use the Bleacher Report to house-train a puppy dog.:laugh2: