It's only baseball but....

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I came across this website.

http://www.retrosheet.org/

I was a HUGE Joe Pepitone fan as a kid. I was digging around for info on him and came across this website.

If you click on the players link...find a player...this site has even stat you can think of...including EVERY game the guy played, including box scores...recaps of EVERY inning...situational stats...day/night...RHP/LHP...production by place in the batting order...TONS of stuff.

Check it out...pretty wild

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, that's just insane.

I clicked on 'Game Logs' on the site. It gave me a page of individual seasons from 1871 through last year.

Cool. So, I clicked on 1996. It took nearly 15-20 seconds to download the text file... and I have a broadband connection!

Curious, I backed to the individual seasons page and read where each record contains 161 fields per record! That's just nuts, but it's informative. :)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
What is this "baseball" thing of which you speak?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Didn't Kramer brush back Joe Pepitone for crowding the plate and afterwards a bruh-ha-ha ensued which resulted in Kramer decking Mickey Mantle? :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
It's a survival ritual which dates back to prehistoric times. One cro-magnon tribe would throw round stones at another cro-magnon tribe--which would defend themselves by hacking away at the stones with wooden clubs. It hasn't progressed very much over the years.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Didn't Kramer brush back Joe Pepitone for crowding the plate and afterwards a bruh-ha-ha ensued which resulted in Kramer decking Mickey Mantle? :)

:) GREAT show!

Yep...And during Kramer's horse and carriage driver job, he explained to some tourists how Central Park was possible only because of Joe Pepitone who established the park so that the North could practice during the Civil War.

I also recall George suggesting the Yankees have a "Joe Pepitone" day at the stadium.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
:) GREAT show!

Yep...And during Kramer's horse and carriage driver job, he explained to some tourists how Central Park was possible only because of Joe Pepitone who established the park so that the North could practice during the Civil War.

I also recall George suggesting the Yankees have a "Joe Pepitone" day at the stadium.
Vintage! I remember both episodes.

You remember Jerry's line when George told him that Kramer was at fantasy camp?

Jerry: Where is Kramer?
George: He is at Fantasy camp.
Jerry: Fantasy Camp? His whole life is a fantasy camp. He mooches all our food and he gets laid without living the building. :lmao2:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Vintage! I remember both episodes.

You remember Jerry's line when George told him that Kramer was at fantasy camp?

Jerry: Where is Kramer?
George: He is at Fantasy camp.
Jerry: Fantasy Camp? His whole life is a fantasy camp. He mooches all our food and he gets laid without living the building. :lmao2:

That show was beyond great.

From what I recall, I think the idea behind Central Park was so that in 1850 (before the war even started) the north could practice on grass.

Speaking of baseball, how about Kramer's encounter with Joe Dimaggio at Dinky Donuts...and the slamming of the table to get his attention?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
trickblue said:

Baseball - I know the simple rules from little league. But outside of that, I have no clue about the history, the strategy, etc.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
That show was beyond great.

From what I recall, I think the idea behind Central Park was so that in 1850 (before the war even started) the north could practice on grass.

Speaking of baseball, how about Kramer's encounter with Joe Dimaggio at Dinky Donuts...and the slamming of the table to get his attention?
I am drawing a blank on that one, didn't have a heart attack?

My favorite, episode is the contest. Also when George was the hand model because he won the contest. It cracks me up everytime I catch it on TBS. :lmao2:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
I am drawing a blank on that one, didn't have a heart attack?

My favorite, episode is the contest. Also when George was the hand model because he won the contest. It cracks me up everytime I catch it on TBS. :lmao2:

The contest was great. Kramer walks in, slams his money on the counter and says "I'm out"

Did you know, the episode where they get lost in the garage, at the end the car doesn't start...but it wasn't planned that way. The car was SUPPOSED to start. If you look closely, you'll see all of them laughing inside the car.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
The contest was great. Kramer walks in, slams his money on the counter and says "I'm out"

Did you know, the episode where they get lost in the garage, at the end the car doesn't start...but it wasn't planned that way. The car was SUPPOSED to start. If you look closely, you'll see all of them laughing inside the car.
Yea Kramer was out 30 seconds into the contest. :laugh1:

I do recall that episode but I didn’t pay attention to what happened once they were inside. Didn't they busted for public urination?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Yea Kramer was out 30 seconds into the contest. :laugh1:

I do recall that episode but I didn’t pay attention to what happened once they were inside. Didn't they busted for public urination?

Yep...

Michael Richard was actually carrying around an air conditioner in that box...it wasn't empty...he wanted it to look realistic.

At the end, he was to hoist it directly into the trunk in one motion...but the box bounced off the truck, hit him in the fact, and split his lip...one of the classic outtakes as he stays right in character while eveyone around him is cracking up.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Juke99 said:

The wheels of the bus go round and round.

Plenty of other baseball related moments:

The magic luggee, with Keith Hernadez.

The finger with Danny Tartabull.

The Orioles cap.

The shrinking uniforms.

A couple of seasons worth of Larry David voicing Steinbrenner, the best, Constanzas dead. George's dad's reaction to hearing the news, "How the hell can you trade Bruener?"

Steinbrenner trades George to the chicken company.

Those SOB and Bastids from Houston.

The birthday card with Paul O'Neil.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
The wheels of the bus go round and round.

Plenty of other baseball related moments:

The magic luggee, with Keith Hernadez.

The finger with Danny Tartabull.

The Orioles cap.

The shrinking uniforms.

A couple of seasons worth of Larry David voicing Steinbrenner, the best, Constanzas dead. George's dad's reaction to hearing the news, "How the hell can you trade Bruener?"

Steinbrenner trades George to the chicken company.

Those SOB and Bastids from Houston.

The birthday card with Paul O'Neil.

I don't remember the shinking uniforms...

"Buhner"..not "Bruener"...you're still in football mode. Ken Phelps for Jay Buhner...that rivals some of Jerry's moves.

:)

blindzebra

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I don't remember the shinking uniforms...

"Buhner"..not "Bruener"...you're still in football mode. Ken Phelps for Jay Buhner...that rivals some of Jerry's moves.

:)

George designs cotton unis because the polyester is too hot, it was the Miss America Pagent show where Jerry kills the girls doves with the ice bucket.

Kramer makes her sing, since she can't do her magic show for the talent contest, and as she is butchering the song, Jerry changes channels and finds the Yankee game.

The TV guy says," The Yankees take the field, somethings wrong they don't look right, I think it's their uniforms, Mattingly just split his pants!"

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
George designs cotton unis because the polyester is too hot, it was the Miss America Pagent show where Jerry kills the girls doves with the ice bucket.

Wow....I guess I just that's one episode I've missed.

How about George having a carpenter make a bed under his desk in his office at Yankee Stadium?

And yeah, the one with the guys from Houston "You bastids...SOB's" was hysterical.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Wow....I guess I just that's one episode I've missed.

How about George having a carpenter make a bed under his desk in his office at Yankee Stadium?

And yeah, the one with the guys from Houston "You bastids...SOB's" was hysterical.
It was a classic. They worked great the first game but after they got washed, they strunk, lol.